PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What to Watch For At Pats Training Camp/July 25 Training Camp Day 1 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thought, but watching Watson back in a Pats uni after all this time will feel very bizarre.
In the time that Watson was gone, Rob Gronkowski has a Hall of Fame GOAT career, not to mention Hernandez’s saga. Mayo went from his rookie teammate to being presumed de facto defensive coordinator.

a1fe856896324160cb6d896f178c6efc7e582eb37f1bf4e6ae454b89748711f0.jpg

Let's re-visit this in due course.
OK lets revisit the Matt Slater comparisons as well as right now hes not close to that level of excellence.

More likely he'll be traded.
With both Patricia and Flores familar with his value and others I'm sure Pats will have multiple suitors when it comes to releasing their players.

Sad to agree with this, but yeah. It's good that he's pumping up his own trade value. Maybe the team is deliberately putting him in situations that make him look good during practice. The more likely scenario is that he's just that good; if he stays there is 0 chance anyone takes his job.

With both Patricia and Flores familar with his value and others I'm sure Pats will have multiple suitors when it comes to releasing their players.
No question.

In HOU, TN, DET, MIA and to a lesser extent TB (Licht) all desire players who know the NEP system.

I would suspect he'll want to route players to the NFC

In the time that Watson was gone, Rob Gronkowski has a Hall of Fame GOAT career, not to mention Hernandez’s saga. Mayo went from his rookie teammate to being presumed de facto defensive coordinator.
And to top it all off, 5 more Super Bowl trips with 3 rings to show for it.

Maybe but that would depend on Williams or Dawson to make substantial progress. Jones is a solid player for us and has the experience. If they’re not confident in those guys or someone else he will stay the season. Gilmore, McCourty, Jackson and Jones is a good group of DBs.

I wouldn’t want to see Jonathan Jones traded. He’s here on a cheap (ish) one year tender and you can never have enough good DBs.

Just as importantly, what would they be able to get for him? What’s a guy like JJ hauling in terms of draft comp, lately? A 6th rounder? Maybe a 5th?

All off season, which seems like forever, have argued that as fans we do not know what we had in Danny Ettling.. he did travel with the team and carry a clipboard.

Guess now we now know, a WR project who has little chance of making this team.. my argument just officially crapped the bed. Guess BB wasted another 7th round draft pick (#219););)... (sighs heavily)....

After watching FlyboyPatsfan footage and just my personal feeling my receiver binkies are Maurice Harris, Gunner Olszewski, and Ryan Davis.

Olszewski is my binkie. Poor guy. That means he’ll be cut next week. o_O

Maybe but that would depend on Williams or Dawson to make substantial progress. Jones is a solid player for us and has the experience. If they’re not confident in those guys or someone else he will stay the season. Gilmore, McCourty, Jackson and Jones is a good group of DBs.
Absolutely. If Dawson falters JJ most likely stays. Keep in mind Jason Mc played a ton in the slot as well. I expect JC to never leave the field this year and Jason and his salary need snaps. We'll see

If another "boundary" CB emerges W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick