PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Texans Talk is saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The raiders looked lost and hapless with a 3rd string QB. Everyone was slurping Osweiler after the game he was 14 of 25 for like 180ish and 1td. I mean really all he did was not screw it up, this wasnt like some breakout performance.

You're wrong. His not screwing it up WAS his breakout performance.

Ahhh. I see what they did there. It took me a few hours to figure it out. That intellectual humor always throws me off.:rolleyes:

Don't feel too bad. I missed it too.

Of course all that means is you have company in the hockey helmet brigade.

They are a funny bunch to say the least.

"Belly-check is masterful at making gametime adjustments. I think we'll beat the Patsies in a playoff game—when hell freezes over.

Patriots 42
Texans 6"

Too much overconfidence here . . .

I hate JJ Watt. That's enough for me.

Get ready for at least 15 shots of Watt on the sideline saturday night, there needs to be a prop bet for that.

tumblr_inline_nzfevykxev1rg0x34_500.jpg

Any given Sunday and all that. Of course the Patriots can lose. And of course the Texans are going to use the Week 3 embarrassment, the fact that they've never won here, and the spread as motivation, and their HC's roots being here is also motivation. I expect them to show better, but I also expect a similar outcome in the end.

I haven't felt this confident in a playoff game since the 2011 divisional round against Tebow. Ossweiler is worlds better than Tebow, of course. My take is that the Pats embarrassed the Texans 42-14 in December 2012 and then "only" won 41-28 in the playoffs, where the Pats had control up 31-13 after 3 quarters and let the Texans score some garbage time points. I could see something similar going down this time, Pats winning "only" 31-17, where there was a relatively slow start (leading 14-10 at the half) with the Texans fighting hard, but the Pats taking control in the 3rd quarter and then a garbage time TD for Houston.

But if the Patriot players think the way I and others do, they will lose and lose big. I doubt Belichick lets that happen.

Agreed. The Texans fans are one of the funniest people in NFL. They are the opposite of the jets fans in terms of funny.
But still the funniest. There's nothing I love more than going to GangGreen the day after they leave another sh!tstain on their franchise from an embarrassing loss or some other dumb act or move by players, fans or front office.

I have some in-law season ticket holders in Houston who root for the Pats except when they play the Texans. Really good folks! They absolutely hate the Osweiler acquisition and LOVE their defense. They are sick and tired of not showing up against the Pats, especially on national TV. They are not expecting to win, but are hoping for a decent showing.

Lots of long term animosity for the Colts and the "Teabagger". Like I said, really good folks! :D
Lots of great football fans in Houston.

"If it was J.J. Watt, I think he would have been cooperative, and it wouldn't be a question. ... I don't think J.J. would destroy his cellphone."

i

Texans owner Bob McNair

McNair comments on Deflategate, says J.J. Watt wouldn't have destroyed phone Texans owner: Watt wouldn't destroy phone
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app
Yep, McNair's a real winner!

BTW On the wall above Goodell's desk in the Commissioner's office, never seen by Kraft, a plaque over thirty years old, with the inscription:

To you from failing hands we throw the torch. Be yours to hold it over the Patriots, to denigrate, oppress and abuse them at every opportunity, as long as they exist.
th

Yeah, I know a few Texans fans and the general feel is that they'll probably lose, but there is always a chance. There is some talk of the 2010 playoffs as well.

Personally, I think it'll be tight early, but the Pats will pull away. I'm thinking 30-13 right now.

EDIT - But I'm honestly not sure how they'll score a TD...maybe a coverage breakdown?

I think the Texans face a major uphill climb to win. Their 2016 track record just does not suggest they are a potent team. However and to be fair to the situation, their path to making it a game and pulling off the upset is: Patriots have shown, at times, pass D softness up the short to mid middle. I'm guessing that's been their overall softest D spot. Brock O stays patient and takes those passes whenever they are there, even if it's only a few yards on some passes/don't force it, they will move the ball into Patriots territory. They need to convert one or two of those trips into Patriots' territory as well as rack up a couple FGs. On the D side they pressure Brady often when only rushing 4 -- something that has been the most frequent PO Patriot killer -- and absolutely positively don't let the Patriots convert on their first couple of possessions to jump out to an early lead.
Houston puts that together and they can win. But I'll say this, if the Patriots' pass D plays that middle tough? Ouch for Houston. Their path to victory becomes a much much narrower window toward an unlikely 9 to 6 type score and/or the Patriots shoot themselves in the foot at a level they rarely do.

I think the Texans face a major uphill climb to win. Their 2016 track record just does not suggest they are a potent team. However and to be fair to the situation, their path to making it a game and pulling off the upset is: Patriots have shown, at times, pass D softness up the short to mid middle. I'm guessing that's been their overall softest D spot. Brock O stays patient and takes those passes whenever they are there, even if it's only a few yards on some passes/don't force it, they will move the ball into Patriots territory. They need to convert one or two of those trips into Patriots' territory as well as rack up a couple FGs. On the D side they pressure Brady often when only rushing 4 -- something that has been the most frequent PO Patriot killer -- and absolutely positively don't let the Patriots convert on their first couple of possessions to jump out to an early lead.
Houston puts that together and they can win. But I'll say this, if the Patriots' pass D plays that middle tough? Ouch for Houston. Their path to victory becomes a much much narrower window toward an unlikely 9 to 6 type score and/or the Patriots shoot themselves in the foot at a level they rarely do.
Yep. The confidence here is definitely warranted, but strange things happen in sports.

Oh, come on, you're being way too critical of jets fans' sense of humor. I used to post on a message board with a couple of jets fans (and Joker), and they called Tom Brady "Tom GAYdy". Get it? They inserted the word 'gay' into Brady's last name in order to imply that Brady was a homosexual! :D

It was comic gold, Jerry!
Now if only we could get this board to stop making the same kind of lame jokes...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe