PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What QB(s) would you like to see the Pats draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been saying this for a while and think it's an outside option.

Everyone has their preferences & likes what they like. Reamer also said in the "Pats range".

If all the QB'S come out most will go top 10.

What are your thoughts on ferguson from memphis?

If he comes out: Jarrett Stidham.

I think the first priority should be a DE who can set the edge. Maybe Harold Landry (Boston College), if he is available at 32. Hopefully, James Harrison will be available in 2018 to mentor the "young guns". As for QB, if BB uses the SF second round choice, possibly Falk (Wash St.) or Thornton (Northwestern). They both sound like pro style QB's.

I’m hoping who ever it is will be a system quarterback and all the defense guys will be system players.

Daniel Jones of Duke

I'm hoping for either Riley Ferguson from Memphis or Mike White out of Western Kentucky. Both seem to have a lot of natural ability but will take a little while to develop. We should be able to grab them a bit later on, allowing higher picks to go towards another need.

I'm really disappointed Clayton Thorson is staying in school.

Josh Allen - Wyoming

He's moving up, and will probably go top 10.

I would prefer someone very young (like 20 or 21 tops) with a lot of upside. A pocket qb who can run, but who does so very sparingly.

P.S. funny about Jimmy's looks... that was the one thing I distrusted about him (too good looking to be successful except in Hollywood)

Josh Allen - Wyoming
Before Wentz came out, I would have been iffy on his experience against pro-caliber talent. But he has all the tools. He needs work on staying calm in the pocket and getting through his progressions instead of taking off and running at the first sign of trouble, but that’s coachable. I know I’m in the minority, but I also like Mayfield. He’s one hell of a competitor and possesses the same eternal chip on his shoulder as Brady does.

Has anybody seen enough Washington State games to have an informed opinion on Luke Falk? He seems the right type, but the WSU offense is hard to project from.

Struggling to cmp 60%? Can't make quick decisions.

He projects as a Ponder, Gabbert, Locker type from his #'s.

On the flip side, you can see the talent: generally good ball placement (either that or he's not even in the same neighborhood; weird extremes), incredible arm strength, and enough mobility to duck out of trouble. While I personally prefer someone with quick processing and a fast release (like Jimmy GQ), I can understand why Allen generates a lot of interest, despite his mediocre numbers and strange offense.

Some of these throws are incredible. He's not my first choice, but there's no denying that he has something to work with, at least:

Has anybody seen enough Washington State games to have an informed opinion on Luke Falk? He seems the right type, but the WSU offense is hard to project from.

He reminds me of Cousins. He could be an option.

Yes and I'd say no thanks.

His arm just can't make the necessary throws and would get him in a lot of trouble. Velocity & strength to push it downfield. Turtles under pressure.

Yes and I'd say no thanks.

His arm just can't make the necessary throws and would get him in a lot of trouble. Velocity & strength to push it downfield. Turtles under pressure.

We beg to differ. He's more of a pocket passer. He has had some big games at Washington State. He's not comfortable out of the pocket. Has had a solid career. His game reminds me of Kirk Cousins.

On the flip side, you can see the talent: generally good ball placement (either that or he's not even in the same neighborhood; weird extremes), incredible arm strength, and enough mobility to duck out of trouble. While I personally prefer someone with quick processing and a fast release (like Jimmy GQ), I can understand why Allen generates a lot of interest, despite his mediocre numbers and strange offense.

Some of these throws are incredible. He's not my first choice, but there's no denying that he has something to work with, at least:

He has talent. No doubt. Someone likes him or he wouldn't be coming out with those #'s.

There's talent there but he doesn't stand out against lower tier comp. He just flashes. Huge red flag.

He can't mak quick decisions. Will that change?

Struggles to comp 60%

He might not be playing with NFL talent but he's failed to make anyone better or stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes