PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What makes Tom Brady a better captain than other QBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a trick question. There are no other similar QBs.

It's a trick question. There are no other similar QBs.
Nobody like him or better. I do think Derek Carr may be molding into something special though (leadership ability). We shall see.

Was totally on-board until the Defamegate bit. Sounds like he didn't do a ton of research.

Yeah, but he did frame as pushing to the limits of the rules to get an edge.

But he did identify the essence of how Brady differs fro many other football qb's.

Nobody like him or better. I do think Derek Carr may be molding into something special though (leadership ability). We shall see.
Mentioning Carr in the same sentence as Brady is at least ten years away. And a tremendous amount of improvement.

Mentioning Carr in the same sentence as Brady is at least ten years away. And a tremendous amount of improvement.
We're talking about strictly leadership dude. Not QB abilities. Also, notice the word "molding." Of course he's not a finished product, or even close but he DOES have much leadership ability at his young age. Great locker room presence, ability to lead men, players/ coaches respect/ trust him, mature on/off the field, first player @ the facility, last player to leave, holds teammates accountable & lastly, that PASSION & fire that he plays with (ala The GOAT). He's already doing these things in his 3rd year. I'm not comparing him to The GOAT at all, but only pointing out that he may be "next in line" in regards to being "that QB leader" that everyone covets. Maybe you're not as up to par on Carr as myself & some others. They'll know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Yeah, but he did frame as pushing to the limits of the rules to get an edge.

But he did identify the essence of how Brady differs fro many other football qb's.

I don't think Brady did push to the limits of the rules, at least those rules.

The balls need to be within a certain weight. They were within a certain weight. There was nothing sneaky going on. He didn't try to manipulate it to anything. It didn't require an elaborate scheme. It was as simple as a quick chat that more or less went something like:

"Hey, how much air do you want in the balls?"
"12.5."
"Cool."

Note: this is not a direct quote or anything.

CONSPIRACY!

DEFLATEGATE!

There are areas we push the rules, I agree. But this isn't one of them. This was the stupidest saga in the modern era of football.

This will sound contrarian but isn't.
Winning is what makes him better.

Seriously if he did all the leadership stuff the exact same and the team went 8-8 year in and year out, it would be less effective. Before one can lead they have to be good.

If some JAG who might break the 53 or is looking at maybe the practice squad was a great leader, who would follow?

When it comes to leadership in the locker room and in the huddle, IMO there are only a handful of QBs in NFL history who are in TB12s company.

Starr
Staubach
Graham
Bradshaw
Montana

The video lost me when he tried to insinuate framegate was a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back