What Lies Ahead: After Tough Start, Hard to Bury This Patriots Team Just Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
What Lies Ahead: After Tough Start, Hard to Bury This Patriots Team Just Yet

Ian Logue

It's safe to say that five games shouldn't define a season, but given the trouble this Patriots team has had over that span, they've made some progress but obviously still have their work cut out for them.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

It's a tribute to the expectations of our fan base and local media that a 3--2 Start by a team with the League Leading Offense makes people feel the need to assert that it's not time to "bury" the team.

I live in Manhattan. Giants at 0--5? Now that's time to start talking about burying a team or at least hold a prolonged Wake while the Living Dead stumble through their remaining 11 games...

But once "28--3" became "34--28" and after a few inspiring offseason additions, 19--0 was on the tips of the tongues of many. Now, there are some who say that 3--2 could be 0--5, while, indeed, it could be 5--0 or at least 4--1.

I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that the Pats will win their Division. They'll be competitive in the post-Season if the Defense plays the way it can and Brady stops getting sacked or hit 99 times a game.

Beyond that, I think it's safe to say that no one will bury this team until late in January or in Minnesota.

I actually wrote this entry last Monday night coming off the loss to Carolina but ended up getting sick and never got to finish it, so it sat there until I updated and re-wrote it yesterday. The mood was a little different after that loss, but the overall theme I thought was still relevant. When you look week-by-week along with how weird the year already has been, they've got just as good of a shot as anyone to be there at the end. I think the top seed may be a bit of a reach but by December, you just never know with this team and by the time January comes, the sky is the limit.

No thoughts about being "buried..." only thinking about how I'd rather the Pats play in Kansas City for the Conference championship than in Denver.

On a side note, many out of town Patriot fans will be pleased with the broadcast availability of the Pats-Jets game.

The game should be available most everywhere with the exception of the southeast (North Carolina and Tennessee, south to Florida, west to Texas) as well as Ohio, DC, Baltimore and Minneapolis.

The bad news is that as CBS #2 game (their late afternoon game is Pittsburgh at KC), that means the announcers will be Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back