PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is the Patriots highest position of need for 2023?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

• QB

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • WR

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • OL

Votes: 43 89.6%
  • RB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TE

• DT

• DE

• LB

• S

• CB

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

OT for sure but if multiple votes were allowed I would have added LB and DT.

OT on the field and OC on the sideline. They're all offensive to me.

OT x 2. Could use a DT. QB if Mac craps the bed in these last 3 games.

And a good coaching staff on that side of the ball.

I'm confident that BB knows he made a massive miscalculation there and changes will be made this offseason.

I voted OT, but with Devin McCourty’s last season likely playing out before us, FS is looming as well.

There was a reason I wanted Dax Hill last year after a trade down, which they did do.
I wanted hill (among a few others) as well. But instead we got cole “the” strange “pick”.

I voted for OL, though it's Left Tackle in particular that's our greatest need.

2nd is WR1, though depending on how free agency goes I can be convinced to take a dynamic Slot WR ahead of an Outside guy.

Close behind in 3rd is a CB1, and it MUST be an Outside guy here.

Last edited:
Yeah, but if a shutdown outside corner with size is there at 14 like Oregon’s Christian Gonzalez that’ll be hard to turn down.

Yeah, but if a shutdown outside corner with size is there at 14 like Oregon’s Christian Gonzalez that’ll be hard to turn down.

Yep, and there should be some worthy ones fitting that description in our range: Gonzales, Porter, Ringo, Cameron Smith & Witherspoon... A couple of them will be gone by then, but a couple of others should still be available... LTs Broderick Jones & Anton Harrison might also be available at 14, as well as WR Jaxon Smith Njigba... All depends on what's done during free agency to address those three issues before the draft...

Last edited:
Yep, and there should be some worthy ones fitting that description in our range: Gonzales, Porter, Ringo, Cameron Smith & Witherspoon... A couple of them will be gone by then, but a couple of others should still be available... LTs Skoronski & Broderick Jones might also be available at 14, as well as WR Jaxon Smith Njigba... All depends on what's done during free agency to address those three issues before the draft...
Is JSN the WR you'd want at 14? Not contesting it, honest question.

I voted for OL, though it's Left Tackle in particular that's our greatest need.

A distant 2nd is WR1, though depending on how free agency goes I can be convinced to take a dynamic Slot WR ahead of an Outside guy.

Close behind in 3rd is a CB1, and it MUST be an Outside guy here.
Ditto
Edit: As you said FA signings can flip all of this.
We need a slot receiver if BOB is taking over.
If a good CB1 falls I could see him going there and then get OT in 2nd

Last edited:
Depends on FA of course. No doubt OT is an urgent need. Whatever happens that position must be addressed via draft as well.
If Jones is gone, CB is coveted because no one available at our roster is destined to be CB1 I think.
It is time to give Mac or Zappe or anyone else a real WR1. Even if Meyers stays we still do not have one.
FS position also demands new blood.

Boy I like Skoronski. I wouldn't wait around either. Great footwork, and Quickness, explosive too. Not worried about arm length when you have his athleticism and power.

Is JSN the WR you'd want at 14? Not contesting it, honest question.
I know Brian Hartline, the OSU receivers coach and blue chip recruiter, calls Jaxon Smith-Njigba his most talented guy yet. That carries a lot of weight for me.

CORRECTION. He’s now the offensive coordinator.

I think we should trade down. But if we stay at 14 JSN should DEFINITELY be on the table along with my binky Christian Gonzalez and OTs.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back