PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is the future for Jarrett Stidham?

My Steeler fan friend said they were very high on drafting Wino, but traded down after he was picked by the Pats.

Not sure if Stidham makes it to training camp. If he’s healthy and in camp, i’m looking forward to see what he looks like. At this point he should know the offense, and if healthy he has the best arm in the QB room. Just want to him to create some ooh and ah moments to keep Mac motivated.

2 things I gleaned from listening to beat reporters about Stidham:

1. With an arm you would label "Most likely to succeed." (Curran)
2. Seems to be a beat slow, or "off" when running the offense in training camp. (Bedard, I believe FWIW)

During last years training camp drills, what I was thinking was, "Damn, who's #4?" He has a great arm and can make all the throws with ease.
Cam looked like he had a rocket, but he was overthrowing guys by 5 feet 15-20 yards out...WTF.

The main reason reason I was watching was to see Mac. He was like "Gimme the ball, I'll show you how this ****'s done."
The passing drills seemed like child's play to him. Yeah, he was floating throws in and doesn't have that live arm, but he was right on the money most of the time with ease. Wait until this year when it's his team and he's not worried about stepping on any toes.

Point #2 above maybe telling (even if it's coming from Bedard). There's got to be a reason he can't get on the field....especially when Cam is your competition.

Last edited:
Not sure if Stidham makes it to training camp. If he’s healthy and in camp, i’m looking forward to see what he looks like. At this point he should know the offense, and if healthy he has the best arm in the QB room. Just want to him to create some ooh and ah moments to keep Mac motivated.
I see Stidham in camp. We need 4 camp arms. Having Stidham is easier than having a UDFA learn the playbook for camp. Whether has any future with us is another issue.

I see Stidham in camp. We need 4 camp arms. Having Stidham is easier than having a UDFA learn the playbook for camp. Whether has any future with us is another issue.
I could Stidham being a nice backup to hold onto long term - he can't possibly be thinking he's still a Starter in this league?

I could Stidham being a nice backup to hold onto long term - he can't possibly be thinking he's still a Starter in this league?
I was hoping he turns out something like Matt Cassell so that we can trade him, but he is on the final year and don't think he will get much opportunities to impress. So stidham time in NE is over or just a camp body.

Are you suggesting that we extend Stidham?
Not at all.. just throwing it out there.. if he's willing to be the backup and know his role, that might actually work for both sides, long term, assuming the money coincides.

So if I’m reading this correctly Stid’s pre draft interview didn’t go well with the Pats and we took him anyway.

Meanwhile we took N’Keal Harry allegedly because his interview went extremely well. Sounds logical…

So if I’m reading this correctly Stid’s pre draft interview didn’t go well with the Pats and we took him anyway.

Meanwhile we took N’Keal Harry allegedly because his interview went extremely well. Sounds logical…

Sounds like caserio was involved in those drafts.

As soon as Stid was passed over by Hoyer on the night Cam couldn’t go : I lost all faith. There is no future for him (unless career backup is a future - I am assuming we’re talking about ‘if he’ll get a shot to ever start anywhere’).

As soon as Stid was passed over by Hoyer on the night Cam couldn’t go : I lost all faith. There is no future for him (unless career backup is a future - I am assuming we’re talking about ‘if he’ll get a shot to ever start anywhere’).
I'm not sure that we are discussing Stidham as a starting quarterback.

He could be out of the league in a year or two.

Who's that?

No one is drafted because of their interview. It’s a factor in the process but you don’t not like a player on the field then draft then because of the interview.
Just another lazy statement that this board treats like a fact.

I'm not sure that we are discussing Stidham as a starting quarterback.

He could be out of the league in a year or two.
He will probably stay while on his rookie contract then be replaced by another qb on their rookie contract unless he somehow proved himself a quality backup.

He will probably stay while on his rookie contract then be replaced by another qb on their rookie contract unless he somehow proved himself a quality backup.
I tend to agree. However, it would be better if we could carry only two quarterbacks on the 53. I don't think that Belichick trusts Stidham in that role.

Is there a competitive team with a worse #2 QB than the patriots have?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back