PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is the 1st new Patriots player jersey you are going to buy in 2021 ?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What is the 1st Patriots jersey you will buy in 2021?

• I don't buy jerseys

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • I only buy blank Pats jerseys without a players name or with my name on the back

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will buy/bought a Mac Jones

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I will buy/bought a Barmore

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I will buy/bought a Bourne

• I will buy/bought a player already from last year's team

• I will buy/bought a Jonnu Smith

• I will buy/bought a Judon

• I will buy/bought a Hunter Henry

• I will buy/bought a Algholor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Personally I only buy jerseys after seeing a player in action for a year or two who impresses me and who I am confident will stick around for years,don't want to pay $100 for a guy that will be cut or who sucks without seeing them play awhile lol - Whats your opinion?

I want to buy a Mac Jones Jersey, but I have a terrible record when it comes to buying jerseys. I didn’t buy any jerseys during the 1st part of the dynasty, just a lot of hats and other small things. I finally bought a Tedi Bruschi jersey, and he suffers a stroke. Bought a Brady jersey, he blew out his knee, bought a Mayo jersey, knee injury in his second season. Bought a Gronk jersey, blew out his knee. I stopped buying jerseys after that. Bought a Brady SB 51 jersey after they won, luckily no curse. I’m scared that I’d jinx Jones.

I only buy a jersey if the player is already a legend on this team. So far just Gronk and DMac.

I want to buy a Mac Jones Jersey, but I have a terrible record when it comes to buying jerseys. I didn’t buy any jerseys during the 1st part of the dynasty, just a lot of hats and other small things. I finally bought a Tedi Bruschi jersey, and he suffers a stroke. Bought a Brady jersey, he blew out his knee, bought a Mayo jersey, knee injury in his second season. Bought a Gronk jersey, blew out his knee. I stopped buying jerseys after that. Bought a Brady SB 51 jersey after they won, luckily no curse. I’m scared that I’d jinx Jones.
We need to get a pool going around here so we can get this man a Harry Jersey

I have only wore one jersey my whole life. Bobby Orr as a kid.
I have many Patriots T-Shirts, Sweat shirts and Jackets
Not a jersey guy. Truthfully Orr earned my loyalty

If I put my Ex’s name on a jersey, I will pay you to wear it

I have only wore one jersey my whole life. Bobby Orr as a kid.
I have many Patriots T-Shirts, Sweat shirts and Jackets
Not a jersey guy. Truthfully Orr earned my loyalty
Orr highlights are one of my favorite things to watch. He truly was a hockey god. Best dman ever in the NHL, hands down, and only dman ever to lead the league in scoring (twice !). Crazy thing was, he was incredible defensively as well. I’m an Islander’s fan in hockey, but I loved Bobby Orr.

Orr highlights are one of my favorite things to watch. He truly was a hockey god. Best dman ever in the NHL, hands down, and only dman ever to lead the league in scoring (twice !). Crazy thing was, he was incredible defensively as well. I’m an Islander’s fan in hockey, but I loved Bobby Orr.
He was my idol as a kid. As far as Bobby the person. I Went to see him one day when I was older to get a autograph when they were tearing down the Gahden. I just got out of work and had my Firefighter work shirt on. He went on and on of how he idolized me being a FF. Sometimes you go to see your childhood idol and they are not who you thought they were. He totally solidified my childhood thoughts that day. I went there to tell him how much I appreciated him and his genuine humbleness flipped the script on me

He also was also one tough SOB. Think twice before you pick a fight with him.

I used to try and have my favorite active players jersey, I have a Troy Brown, a Tedy Bruschi, and a Wilfork. After defamegate I refused to give the NFL another dime and haven’t bought anything with their logo on it jerseys included. I make an exception for super bowl hats and tees just for my collection.

I think I will play it safe and just get a Ferentz jersey. You know he will be on the team every year or so. The last one I bought was Wilfork and the next year he was gone. I still have a Brady jersey

He was my idol as a kid. As far as Bobby the person. I Went to see him one day when I was older to get a autograph when they were tearing down the Gahden. I just got out of work and had my Firefighter work shirt on. He went on and on of how he idolized me being a FF. Sometimes you go to see your childhood idol and they are not who you thought they were. He totally solidified my childhood thoughts that day. I went there to tell him how much I appreciated him and his genuine humbleness flipped the script on me
That’s an amazing story ! I grew up in NYC, and grew up a Jet’s fan (brainwashed by my parents). I became a Pat’s fan in 1975, due to seeing an NFL Films segment on Mack Herron. Got my 1st Pat’s jersey in 1976.

But prior to that, when still a Jet’s fan in the early 1970s, my idols were Joe Namath and WR Don Maynard. We used to go to training camp to watch the players, get autographs, etc.

One training camp, I think it was 1973 or 1974, we go to camp, and I decided that I wanted to meet Joe Namath (plus my mom had the hots for him, wanted to meet him too). After practice, I waited for him at his car. It was a Rolls Royce, I knew it was his because, you know, Joe Namath, who else on the team would have a Rolls Royce ?

I had my football with me, a kid’s ball, not regulation size, but not a cheap ball either. He walks up to us after practice, we are the only ones there, my mom is flipping out (though she kept her cool on the outside). Me being a kid who wasn’t shy, I said to him, “you think you can throw me a pass?”, he replied, with a sly smile , “you think you can catch it ?”.

So he tells me to do a down and out. He throws the ball, 5 feet over my head. To this day, my mom tells the story that he threw it and I dropped it. Of course she says that due to her love of Namath. She still loves him. Kareem couldn’t have caught that ball.

Anyway, he calls me back and says do it again. I was thinking he probably had to adjust to the kid’s ball, because he just threw 200 passes with a regulation ball at practice. I run my pattern, I’m telling you, if I had an 88 jersey, it would’ve hit between the 8s. Just a perfect throw, and I catch the ball. I run back to him and he has a big smile on his face. I profusely thank him, and he was so gracious, so genuine, so kind, and made my year back then.

He signed my football. And being the stupid kid I was, I continued to use the ball to play football with my friends. And eventually lost it. I’m now 58 years old, and I’ll never forget that. Sometimes legends live up to you thoughts on them.

That’s an amazing story ! I grew up in NYC, and grew up a Jet’s fan (brainwashed by my parents). I became a Pat’s fan in 1975, due to seeing an NFL Films segment on Mack Herron. Got my 1st Pat’s jersey in 1976.

But prior to that, when still a Jet’s fan in the early 1970s, my idols were Joe Namath and WR Don Maynard. We used to go to training camp to watch the players, get autographs, etc.

One training camp, I think it was 1973 or 1974, we go to camp, and I decided that I wanted to meet Joe Namath (plus my mom had the hots for him, wanted to meet him too). After practice, I waited for him at his car. It was a Rolls Royce, I knew it was his because, you know, Joe Namath, who else on the team would have a Rolls Royce ?

I had my football with me, a kid’s ball, not regulation size, but not a cheap ball either. He walks up to us after practice, we are the only ones there, my mom is flipping out (though she kept her cool on the outside). Me being a kid who wasn’t shy, I said to him, “you think you can throw me a pass?”, he replied, with a sly smile , “you think you can catch it ?”.

So he tells me to do a down and out. He throws the ball, 5 feet over my head. To this day, my mom tells the story that he threw it and I dropped it. Of course she says that due to her love of Namath. She still loves him. Kareem couldn’t have caught that ball.

Anyway, he calls me back and says do it again. I was thinking he probably had to adjust to the kid’s ball, because he just threw 200 passes with a regulation ball at practice. I run my pattern, I’m telling you, if I had an 88 jersey, it would’ve hit between the 8s. Just a perfect throw, and I catch the ball. I run back to him and he has a big smile on his face. I profusely thank him, and he was so gracious, so genuine, so kind, and made my year back then.

He signed my football. And being the stupid kid I was, I continued to use the ball to play football with my friends. And eventually lost it. I’m now 58 years old, and I’ll never forget that. Sometimes legends live up to you thoughts on them.
I love hearing these stories.
On the other side of stories.
I Went with my nephew to get Jose Conseco's autograph.
this little kid in front of us (around 6 years old) puts the picture to be signed down in front of Conseco and says "Hi Jose" Jose does not even look up. Kids says again "Hi Jose" Nothing. Father of the kid puts his arm around him and says "let's go this guy is a jerk" Jose then looks up but was silent. I wanted to march my nephew out of there but he already payed for the autograph
We are lucky we liked the good ones

Generally speaking, I only buy jerseys of retired players. I have a track record (a flawless one) of buying jerseys and having the players gone within a season. The ONE exception to this among jerseys I own (but didn't buy) is an Edelman SBLIII jersey someone got me as a gift in 2019. So Edelman technically made it 2 seasons...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back