PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is BB's biggest mistake as head coach/GM of Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What is BB's single biggest mistake as Patriot's Head Coach/GM?

• Total voters
The Rehbein angle is interesting. According to his widow, **** didn't just like Brady. He predicted his greatness. Then we have Bill saying that they were hesitant to draft Tom because his college coach had him splitting time. That makes it sound like **** had some influence on Bill.

As for the question of why, if Bill's so great at player development, didn't he do it with other players. That one's too difficult for @NewEraWithMac and he'll probably just play dumb.

The draft is a crap shoot but I'm glad that so many fans enjoy it. I can also see how it might be fun to make guesses on each player. I don't bother because I don't follow college football, though I've been rethinking that now that they're paying the players.
That's false. BB asked Rhebein to work him out because they were curious if there was more to his benchings than just Carr feeling pressure to play Drew Henson as the local good story guy.

If BB didn't like Brady, he wouldn't have sent Rhebein to work out Rattay and Brady. You people just keep lying and making things up over and over.

Why didn't BB develop other HOFers? Umm, he did?

Law, Seymour, Wilfork, Gronk, Edelman, Slater

That's 6 names where BB had a huge impact on a career. Not sure if Logan Mankins will make the HOF or Welker, but that's 2 more. Do you people come of out comas after chunks of time and just run your mouth incessantly hoping someone will believe your lies?

Rodney Harrison credits BB with saving the end of his career. Rodney was a better player in NE than in SD.

Oh for sure the pats win the superbowl in 08. In fact they probably go 16-0 again.
He was Prime Brady that year, I'm not sure of 16-0 but 14-2 was definitely possible with a super bowl win. I remember thinking in that first game where he got hurt that he was pissed they lost the Super Bowl and was on a mission, he looked as good as he ever has, he was a machine that game, until...

Can you stop with the utterly disingenuous reasoning?
They can't help themselves. They just keep backing themselves into a corner. Apparently, BB hasn't developed any other HOF players (even though he did in NY with Lawrence Taylor), even though I just listed 6 names that are bound for the HOF alongside Brady.

Their comments are the work of our former president, agent orange. Just continually repeating lies over and over to the point people actually believe it. Goodell does the same thing.

He was Prime Brady that year, I'm not sure of 16-0 but 14-2 was definitely possible with a super bowl win. I remember thinking in that first game where he got hurt that he was pissed they lost the Super Bowl and was on a mission, he looked as good as he ever has, he was a machine that game, until...
Just think, he wouldn't have gotten hurt if it didn't take him about 30 mins to rear back and throw the ball to Moss again from the shotgun.

I agree, they need to make a name for themselves elsewhere like others. People always resent the kids and/or not take them seriously when Daddy's the boss.
My last years of work (1989-2008) were spent at a job that had 4 departments and each was run for years by a different family. I remember that a majority of their working relatives were treated with respect for what they knew, not who they knew.

It's funny, but my wife and I were recently talking about Bill's sons being coaches. We both agreed that I'd be screwed (in a bad way) if I were the HC and I didn't hire our kids. :) You have to wonder what the players really think about it.

This one is easy. Allowing Brady to play in any other jersey than a New England Patriot jersey.

Just think, he wouldn't have gotten hurt if it didn't take him about 30 mins to rear back and throw the ball to Moss again from the shotgun.
So now you are blaming Brady for his injury. Man, you are really making yourself look good with these posts.

They can't help themselves. They just keep backing themselves into a corner. Apparently, BB hasn't developed any other HOF players (even though he did in NY with Lawrence Taylor), even though I just listed 6 names that are bound for the HOF alongside Brady.

Their comments are the work of our former president, agent orange. Just continually repeating lies over and over to the point people actually believe it. Goodell does the same thing.
Coming from a guy who said Brady sucks in the postseason and was responsible for his injury in 2008

Who is this guy?

The Rehbein angle is interesting. According to his widow, **** didn't just like Brady. He predicted his greatness. Then we have Bill saying that they were hesitant to draft Tom because his college coach had him splitting time. That makes it sound like **** had some influence on Bill.

As for the question of why, if Bill's so great at player development, didn't he do it with other players. That one's too difficult for @NewEraWithMac and he'll probably just play dumb.

The draft is a crap shoot but I'm glad that so many fans enjoy it. I can also see how it might be fun to make guesses on each player. I don't bother because I don't follow college football, though I've been rethinking that now that they're paying the players.
Yeah Rehbein was the entire reason Brady went to the Patriots. He was screaming from the mountain tops about him. He even wanted him to go to USC instead of Michigan.

That's false. BB asked Rhebein to work him out because they were curious if there was more to his benchings than just Carr feeling pressure to play Drew Henson as the local good story guy.

If BB didn't like Brady, he wouldn't have sent Rhebein to work out Rattay and Brady. You people just keep lying and making things up over and over.

Why didn't BB develop other HOFers? Umm, he did?

Law, Seymour, Wilfork, Gronk, Edelman, Slater

That's 6 names where BB had a huge impact on a career. Not sure if Logan Mankins will make the HOF or Welker, but that's 2 more. Do you people come of out comas after chunks of time and just run your mouth incessantly hoping someone will believe your lies?

Rodney Harrison credits BB with saving the end of his career. Rodney was a better player in NE than in SD.
Sorry bud, but I didn't read that and I won't be in the future. You were fun to have around for a while but I saw you name-calling respectful posters here. Off to ignore you go. Poof.

Yeah Rehbein was the entire reason Brady went to the Patriots. He was screaming from the mountain tops about him. He even wanted him to go to USC instead of Michigan.
He seemed certain about Brady's greatness. I wonder why?

Yep every possible negative spin stat ready and waiting in your back pocket. What a piece of work you are. So embarrassing.

Sorry bud, but I didn't read that and I won't be in the future. You were fun to have around for a while but I saw you name-calling respectful posters here. Off to ignore you go. Poof.
He was never fun.

Yep every possible negative spin stat ready and waiting in your back pocket. What a piece of work you are. So embarrassing.
Nope. It's just that the media glossed over all of this and never reported it as it happened in real time. It's actually what allowed Brady's ego to explode. Not one radio station, newspaper, beatwriter, not one ever said Brady made a mistake in his entire career here.

He could throw 7 INTs in a game and nothing would have been said about it being bad and contributing to a loss. I am just an honest and objective Boston sports fan.

Umm, I didn't call you any name and you did read it and are insecure I easily refuted your outrageous lie of BB not developing any other HOFers.

Umm, what? Making stuff up again.

Rhebein worked at USC and recruited Brady while at USC? Source?

BB's biggest mistake as GM is not reading the Patsfans forum.

So now you are blaming Brady for his injury. Man, you are really making yourself look good with these posts.
No, I am blaming the predictability of his shotgun spread finesse garbage that lost us SB 42 and almost lost us the chance to get there. And, the fact he was a terrible deep ball thrower anyway, taking too much time to deliver the ball with the WR usually waiting on it.

Nope. It's just that the media glossed over all of this and never reported it as it happened in real time. It's actually what allowed Brady's ego to explode. Not one radio station, newspaper, beatwriter, not one ever said Brady made a mistake in his entire career here.

He could throw 7 INTs in a game and nothing would have been said about it being bad and contributing to a loss. I am just an honest and objective Boston sports fan.
Yep. Johnny on the spot with every possible negative stat for every occasion. Don't you think everyone notices that? You make Rob Parker look rational.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back