PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What happened to gronk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confident that Gronk can still pick his spot and look like his dominant self for a game or two. But it’ll involve putting absolutely everything out there. The ability for him to be great over an extended stretch is over, his body can no longer do it.

So ideally from this point we’d have him on a lower effort pitch count until the AFCCG where he goes all out, has 2 weeks to recuperate, and then uses everything he has left in the Super Bowl.

I am confident that Gronk can still pick his spot and look like his dominant self for a game or two. But it’ll involve putting absolutely everything out there. The ability for him to be great over an extended stretch is over, his body can no longer do it.

So ideally from this point we’d have him on a lower effort pitch count until the AFCCG where he goes all out, has 2 weeks to recuperate, and then uses everything he has left in the Super Bowl.
I think you still have to go balls to the walk in the divisional round.
1. The 3-6 seeds will be stronger than usual this year
2. This isn’t the most dominant pats team

That round isn’t a given this year. We can’t treat it as a given, and I don’t think it would be right to leave some of gronk’s effectiveness in the tank

Also gronks first 10 games in 2017

74 target
46 catches (62%)
702 yards

43. (69%)

So targets are down by 12 but catch percent is up catches are only down by 3.
Yards per target have gone up.

In those games, 6+ catches 3 in both 17 and 18. 100 yard games, 1 in 17 and 2 in 18.

And Miami is the worst defense when it comes to covering TE.
Gronk career Catch, yards and Td per game vs Miami is lower than his overall average

I see what you’re saying. Logic would say he’s got many years left. Look at Greg Olson or Jason written. Gronk is only 29 and witten retired when he was like 36-37. It’s probably the injuries that caused him to almost retire last offseason that and BB wanted to trade him which would have been crazy.

No. Actually logic would say he has little time left (in the NFL) . :(

It seems like that extra gear is gone. he always looks beyond winded after every big play. I am not sure if it's jsut his body..mind..idk but he's not the same one bit. Still dominate..but declining

It seems like that extra gear is gone. he always looks beyond winded after every big play. I am not sure if it's jsut his body..mind..idk but he's not the same one bit. Still dominate..but declining
That’s why it’s always tough to see him take those low hits.

The more I've learned about "plant based diets" (or veganism) over the last few months, the more I'm lead to believe that Gronk's lackluster play is due to his diet. Not training regimen.

I recall him saying that he eats a predominantly plant based diet (around 70 or 80% of his diet I think). Unfortunately, I doubt that remaining percentage is comprised of real, nutritionally complete foods like high quality pastured beef, liver, fish roe, wild caught fish, etc. - and instead it's probably "cheat meals" like the occasional burger, ice cream, alcohol, carbs.

Last edited:
Kellermans cliff theory applies to Gronk, he's literally done.

This is 100% the last season of his career which is a shame but all the injuries have just caught up to him, you can only have so many surgeries and injuries before the body can't take anymore to play NFL football at an elite level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore