PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are your Super Bowl viewing plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would prefer to just be viewing the game with my brother, but inevitably my wife will invite not only the rest of my family over but hers as well.

I don't sit down when the Pats are on, so I prefer to have as few people as possible so that there aren't as many people saying 'get out of the way'.

My uncle keeps dropping hints that he wants to come over to my place, but I'm not inviting him. He doesn't like the Pats but more specifically hates Tom Brady.

Why would I want someone who hates Tom Brady at the party?

Going to spend it the same as I did the last time we were in the Super Bowl, my extended family is coming over and we're having a big, giant dinner!!! Hope we get the same results as last time;);)

Small group, with me, my mate, and my Mrs watching the game. We all care, and we all want the Pats to win.

Bottle of Moet and Chandon champagne before the game, Samuel Adams beer and Buffalo Wings during!

I watched the Game That Must Not be Named on my own in the U.S., with a bottle of champagne on ice, waiting to be opened. I guess that the only good thing was that no one else could see me. I watched 2014 with my daughter in the U.K. and we went berserk together at 4 a.m. at a time when the rest of the city was dead silent. It'll be one or the other this week, depending on whether she wants to watch with her friends.

In any case, I'll be doing some serious cooking and drinking Jack's Abby.
I'm impressed you have Jack's Abby in the UK! Cheers!

Everyone I know: "Your Pats are in the super bowl. I'll bet you'll want to do something special, big party or something. What do you want to do?"

Me: "Watch the actual game like it was the most important one of the season."

So, me alone at home with DVR control in hand. My 9-year old son might watch for 10 minutes. Wife might last an hour. New Belgium Ranger IPA or maybe an Allagash Trippel with a tiny glass of whiskey neat. Refuse any conference calls for Monday AM.

Last edited:
I'm still deciding whether or not to go to the game (solo).

If I don't go then I'll watch with my old man and daughter and gal pal. Serious Pats fans only and zero blah blah blah. The world could be ending and the conversation will not shift from the game.
Don't go solo - bring along your good buddy from the forums (me)!

My bro and Dad will (more than likely) be watching with me on my bro's widescreen TV, the volume cranked to 11.

headphones+ear+trumpet+more+2.jpg

I'll be right here:

nrg-stadium-section-625-view.jpg

Not optimal seats but according to @Tunescribe there isn't a bad seat in this venue. Can't wait!

To those debating on watching with other people, it's funny how I never learn my lesson. It always sounds like a great idea to have a bunch of people over for a SB party but every time I do, I instantly regret it because there are always those few knuckleheads being obnoxious trying to ruin it for you. My advice: watch it with just a few close friends/family who are either Pats fans or neutral that don't mind hearing a little cursing

Last edited:
At home with the sons. Will make some chili and wings. As a side note, SB 49 was the first time I met the young lady (non-football fan) who would eventually become my daughter-in-law. She decided to stick with my son despite the loud celebration after Malcom's interception.

These games kick my anxiety up too high so I'll be sleeping for most of it. Hopefully when I get up they will have won

These games kick my anxiety up too high so I'll be sleeping for most of it. Hopefully when I get up they will have won
I forced myself to sleep through SB 46 to avoid all the anxiety. Didn't work out well.

I forced myself to sleep through SB 46 to avoid all the anxiety. Didn't work out well.

It is tough. I will probably sleep till 4th qtr anyway and see how it is at that point.

We live in NYC. Friends of ours host a very nice SB Party every year, but they know not to expect me if the Pats are playing. I could watch with a group of Patriots' fans, but I just couldn't watch with a group of 25 who either don't follow the NFL or who are Pats haters if they do. So, I'll stay home and watch with one of my kids. Worked out fine in 2015. :)

I'll be at home with a few good friends and my mom. Any non-pats fans that show up and talk crap will be given a slice of lasagna and an atomic wedgie to go.

I should have a good buzz on by game time.

Attachments

• IMG_4175.JPG
    IMG_4175.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 2
I'm in a quandary. I could watch substance-free (maybe a beer or 2) with my dad and grandpa, or go to my friends' apartment and watch with them.

My grandpa is a major homer while my dad is pretty detached (more of a fantasy player). The dynamic will be my grandpa and I freaking out about every slightly negative play while my dad tries to downplay everything to us.

Alternatively, I could get drunk, smoke some blunts, and watch with my friends who don't know or care about football. They like casually watching and I always have a lot of fun explaining the game to them (don't know if this annoys them or not).

Would feel bad not sharing the experience with my family but me and my grandpa in the same room for a Pats Super Bowl would be an unprecedented amount of hand wringing.
Not that you asked me... but watch with your grandpa. Grandpas aren't there forever, unfortunately, and who knows how many more chances you'll get to watch the Pats in the SB with him.

I do NOT want people around for a Patriots SB. They might make noise.

My son (18) has become a huge Patsfan, and we go to half the home games and watch the rest together, for the last 5+ years.
My daughters do not like football. My girlfriend will watch with us, she tends to be supportive of our fandom, but also is in a SB pool at work, and likes the commercials. I think she had no idea what she was about to witness when Butler picked off Wilson.

My uncle keeps dropping hints that he wants to come over to my place, but I'm not inviting him. He doesn't like the Pats but more specifically hates Tom Brady.

Why would I want someone who hates Tom Brady at the party?

I understand the "dislike" to this comment. I really do. I realize it does appear mean and petty, but if there is one time where I think I deserve to be a little selfish ........I think this is it.

Everyone I know: "Your Pats are in the super bowl. I'll bet you'll want to do something special, big party or something. What do you want to do?"

Me: "Watch the actual game like it was the most important one of the season."

So, me alone at home with DVR control in hand. My 9-year old son might watch for 10 minutes. Wife might last an hour. New Belgium Ranger IPA or maybe an Allagash Trippel with a tiny glass of whiskey neat. Refuse any conference calls for Monday AM.
I miss drinking allagash brew, Belgium brew have finally made their way to South Florida, they do a nice tour of the brewery with lots of tasting

I'm impressed you have Jack's Abby in the UK! Cheers!

Ah, no -- my life is divided between the UK and the US.

A lot of US beer is getting to the UK, though (and not just the local versions of Bud and Miller Lite) but, if you want craft beer in the UK, it seems to me that you should buy UK craft beer.

Cheers to you too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back