PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Are Chances Patriots Make Splash Trade For Justin Fields?

Not just no but hell no. Draft your own guy always

So IF Mayo make a move for Justin Fields most of you would jump ship??
Over It Abandon Thread GIF

interested rubbing hands GIF
We got Bailey Jones ,the only QBs in the NFL where you can't tell the difference. I hope Mac gets traded in wich he deserves, and I hope Zapp goes back to the CFL. Gimme fields, draft pick and a vet.

I’m hoping the chances are 0%.

I really don't know why people would be against it.. for a 4th for an athletic QB, with a rocket arm.. I'm all in.. why not..
If it’s a 4th rounder they’d be dumb not to do it

You get MHJ at 3
The draft is absolutely ripe with Olinemen with second and third round projections
Gamble of a guy like Pratt or Rattler in the 5th round and pick up a guy like Pittman as a FA. You have an offense worth watching next season

If it’s a 4th rounder they’d be dumb not to do it

You get MHJ at 3
The draft is absolutely ripe with Olinemen with second and third round projections
Gamble of a guy like Pratt or Rattler in the 5th round and pick up a guy like Pittman as a FA. You have an offense worth watching next season
Post of the day! I'm all in right there! Currently we are where MHJ is slated to go. Yes, we definitely will have our pick for tackles. MHJ, Pittman, fields, KB, Douglas. Yeah.. know we have something.

I really don't know why people would be against it.. for a 4th for an athletic QB, with a rocket arm.. I'm all in.. why not..
For a 4th rounder the team is not taking a big chance and he would give some flexibility for building other positions next year.

1.) If Fields is so valuable and talented that he is (allegedly) worth a first round pick, or two early picks (as noted above, then my question is this: why would the Bears give up on him, for a rookie?

2.) If a team wants a transition QB, why give up so much draft capital for that, when there are a half dozen or more free agent 'transition' QBs available?

If you want a veteran transition QB, sign one of these guys. Trading a first round pick, or two early picks for Fields only makes sense if you are conviced that he is leaps and bounds better than either the best QB available at #3, or that he is better than a combination of MHJ and Nix/Penix, or whover will be available next year in round one.

Here are some of the free agent QBs available. They will come in a wide variety of price tags, ages, and experience. See link for their 2023 AAV. With this many available, somebody is bound to be available at a resonable value - and the team gets to retain their early draft picks.

Kirk Cousins
Ryan Tannehill
Jacoby Brissett
Tyrod Taylor
Marcus Mariota
Sam Darnold
Jameis Winston
Drew Lock
Baker Mayfield
Gardner Minshew
Teddy Bridgewater
Tyler Huntley
Joe Flacco
Joshua Dobbs
Carson Wentz
Mason Rudolph
Look how many of those QBs were considered prime targets, even involving trade ups, when they entered the draft.

Just a bit of a reminder.

As mentioned earlier
If they are going to draft a QB. Then they have no faith in Fields
They can puff out their chest and demand a 1st rounder at the minimum
They will get a 3rd rounder at best
I can't imagine them even getting that much. He is a mediocre QB and you wouldn't even have the benefit of having him for 4 years of a rookie deal.

I can't imagine them even getting that much. He is a mediocre QB and you wouldn't even have the benefit of having him for 4 years of a rookie deal.
I was being generous in case some team was in desperate mode because they could not secure a QB in draft in first 2 rounds
I think he is worth a 4th because Lance got a 4th rounder as compensation

Slim. Seems like the fans are itching for anything other than Mac Jones. This desperation is what got us in this predicament after we had to endure cam Newton. I'd go with a cheap veteran before the draft to give us flexibility in when we draft a QB.

That article actually suggests a 1st rd pick for Fields.... lolololololololololololololol
I'm thinking a 3rd rounder at best. The Patriots have very early picks. And this trade probably won't happen until draft day.

As soon as Bears take a QB, Field's trade value will drop like a rock because people know they need to get rid of him.

22 million for his 5th year.....
Which has to be decided on this offseason, and is fully guaranteed the moment it's issued.

If the price was really a 4th round pick, I would love to see a QB room of future QB, Fields and Brissette. Give Fields a shot while allowing the draft pick to develop under the watchful eye of Brissette. Fields has a chance to improve his reputation to get a big contract. Win, win if Fields can handle the dynamic.

I'm not against it like many other (although some of them do have some solid reasons as to why we shouldn't). I'd give it a shot, but just not at the expense of too valuable and asset.

Zero if we are lucky. The Bears could keep Fields, and get multiple first round picks to go with the multiple first round picks they currently have simply by keeping Fields and dropping down in this Draft. If they choose to pass on that bounty to get rid of Justin Field's and draft a rookie it tells you that their opinion of him is no different than our opinion of Mac Jones. Trading for him, and then giving up the 40 million plus a season would be as stupid as it gets for the Patriots. The only exception to this would be if they gave Chicago a 5th round pick, drafted a QB at #3 overall, played him for one season, then let Fields walk in 25’ and got a 3rd round pick in compensation for him.

I've been a fan since the early 90's. I'm not going anywhere.

I would still be a fan, but it would be a long time before I would watch them again. As it is I rarely watch the games live anymore, because I’m not watching TV on a beautiful day when I can be outside enjoying myself. So I watch them in late evening when I’m done with everything else. If they pull some stupid **** like this I will lose whatever faith and hope I have in them, and probably just find other things to do than watch football before I crash for the day. I won’t stop following them, I just wont watch them very much until they get their **** together. 4 years of the garbage they have been putting out there on offense has been more than enough to stomach. Much as I supported Belichick I was happy to see the change in the hopes they would put together a good offense going forward, this would be the opposite of that.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back