PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Are Chances Patriots Make Splash Trade For Justin Fields?

10% at most. Hard to get into their heads know if they like Justin Fields at all, that would be the determining factor along with whether MHJ is going to be available for us. Biggest nope ever if we were trying to get Alt and Fields.

55% Jayden Daniels
35% Drake Maye (if available)
10% MHJ/Fields, one or the other

My totally made up and useless percentages. Feeling pretty confident that Jayden Daniels is coming here.

IF Fields is available for 34 we should be on it.
Nooooooo.....

He just has 1 year on rookie contract and did not light the circuit on fire last year. Bears won due to their stellar defense.

He is okay to take a chance on. Anything more than 3rd round or 4th round is daylight robbery considering this draft class is pretty deep till 50.

IF Fields is available for 34 we should be on it.
Just to be clear I am thinking Fields if MH Jr is available @ 3 if we pass we'll be absolute Draft idiots. Also FTR: I would take Justin Fields right now over All Three QB's in this Upcoming Draft all of them have ????. Seems like people forgot about the career night Fields had against us glad Mayo is making the decisions and not some of us Fields is an athletic freak.

Just to be clear I am thinking Fields if MH Jr is available @ 3 if we pass we'll be absolute Draft idiots. Also FTR: I would take Justin Fields right now over All Three QB's in this Upcoming Draft all of them have ????. Seems like people forgot about the career night Fields had against us glad Mayo is making the decisions and not some of us Fields is an athletic freak.
If Fields is the answer, I'm not sure what the question is.

If Fields is the answer, I'm not sure what the question is.
We all know your take on Fields we'll see IF the NFL agrees if he's on the Trade Block someone will pay. IMO Fields has improved and is a waaaay better gamble than those First Round QB's. We have seen the First Round QB Bust movie too many times I wouldn't take that chance if I didn't have to the Draft is not an exact science. Fields is at least a quality Back-up in this league and a capable bridge QB.

So IF Mayo make a move for Justin Fields most of you would jump ship??
Over It Abandon Thread GIF

interested rubbing hands GIF

We all know your take on Fields we'll see IF the NFL agrees if he's on the Trade Block someone will pay. IMO Fields has improved and is a waaaay better gamble than those First Round QB's. We have seen the First Round QB Bust movie too many times I wouldn't take that chance if I didn't have to the Draft is not an exact science. Fields is at least a quality Back-up in this league and a capable bridge QB.

Of course someone will, I just hope it isn't us, why trade draft picks for someone that is in the bottom 3rd of QBs? His still set makes him a terrible backup (unless already have a similar QB starting), and he isn't really a bridge because he is too young and unexperienced to mentor a rookie.

IMO Fields has improved .
Meh.

0-4 last season against top 10 scoring defenses. Passer rating is 86 nothing spectacular. 44 sacks which translates to 57 if he played a full season. That's not great for a running QB.

Last edited:
As a backup, maybe.

But if it's to compete for a starting job, it will feel like the Pats are trying to drive fans away.

I'd do it for a 3rd rounder as long as we take MHJ and an OT with the first two picks.

Any more than that...nah...no thanks. And also...no extension. We'll deal with his new contract next year even if that would be insanely expensive...I'd like to see a season out of him first.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back