PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What about Steve Belichick

Yeah, I want Steve to stay on so he can spy for his Dad lol! I think your reading into what I said a bit too much.

What I’m saying is that teams can’t legally contact him now otherwise they could be fined for tampering. I’m not implying in any way that the Pats want to hold him hostage. In fact, I read this morning that both of the Belichick boys have been offered to stay on staff and the ball is in their court…take that for what it’s worth.

No one is gonna be kept on staff against their will
All I'm saying is that he's not the DC here, so he could move anywhere and the contract doesn't matter.

But then I added, why would we even want him here given that he's a Belichick? It's asking for problems.

All I'm saying is that he's not the DC here, so he could move anywhere and the contract doesn't matter.

But then I added, why would we even want him here given that he's a Belichick? It's asking for problems.
This. I thought he and Brian were just nepo hires, and Mayo did all the work.

If he’s still under contract (I believe this is true), then teams can only contact him if they have permission from the Pats organization; otherwise they’re legally liable under the NFL’s tampering rules.

We would want him if Mayo wants him and because presumably he’s done a great job with the D. What happened with Bill is independent of what should happen with Steve; at least in my opinion.

If he’s still under contract (I believe this is true), then teams can only contact him if they have permission from the Pats organization; otherwise they’re legally liable under the NFL’s tampering rules.

We would want him if Mayo wants him and because presumably he’s done a great job with the D. What happened with Bill is independent of what should happen with Steve; at least in my opinion.
I thought that only pertained to lateral moves.

From an article on this subject:

"If the Bears wanted to hire away a team's contracted quarterbacks coach to run their offense, there would be nothing that could stop them, because going from a QB Coach to an Offensive Coordinator would be a step up."

And also, Lateral moves require permission of the team to which the coach is contracted.

Not according to Mayo, at least wrt Steve
Depends if you believe Mayo or the BSM, I guess.
Truthfully at this point, I believe neither - but you don't stay on a coaching staff for 8 years if you're just a nepo hire.

I thought that only pertained to lateral moves.

From an article on this subject:

"If the Bears wanted to hire away a team's contracted quarterbacks coach to run their offense, there would be nothing that could stop them, because going from a QB Coach to an Offensive Coordinator would be a step up."

And also, Lateral moves require permission of the team to which the coach is contracted.
That could be the case. I always assumed that if a coach is under contract then teams need to request permission from the current employer to speak to that coach to fill a position on their staff regardless if it’s lateral or not. I suppose that any coach could just resign and then take a new position with another NFL team, but I’m not totally up the NFL rules regarding this scenario…there could be compensation involved.

I don’t know the specifics tbh…

Supposedly Steve and Brian have offers to stay

That doesn't matter at all if he's named DC.

But even if he were DC here, why would the Patriots keep him here as a hostage? You want Belichick's son here as a mole?
WTF? JFC!

Paranoid much?

Bill’s gone. He’s not wasting time playing Patriots Game of Thrones conspiracies. He’s busy working on making his next employer a good enough team to pass Shula and win a few Lombardis. And on the rare occasions his team might play the Patriots he’s not going to get his hands dirty trying to use HumInt sources to get game planning info. If nothing else he’s not going to ask Steve to put his Dad’s success ahead of his own. That’s just sick and twisted thinking.

WTF? JFC!

Paranoid much?

Bill’s gone. He’s not wasting time playing Patriots Game of Thrones conspiracies. He’s busy working on making his next employer a good enough team to pass Shula and win a few Lombardis. And on the rare occasions his team might play the Patriots he’s not going to get his hands dirty trying to use HumInt sources to get game planning info. If nothing else he’s not going to ask Steve to put his Dad’s success ahead of his own. That’s just sick and twisted thinking.

Naive

Who said anything about game planning?

I'm talking about the stuff that goes on internally. If you think the Krafts are going to allow that, you're far gone. This is a fued between the two families

Naive

Who said anything about game planning?

I'm talking about the stuff that goes on internally. If you think the Krafts are going to allow that, you're far gone. This is a fued between the two families
Talk about naive. Are you an only child with no kids?

Fights within families can make fights between families look like lovefests. And even when everyone is on good terms self interest rules. Besides, with coaches’ hours neither one of them will have time for the other during the season. You’re inventing a fantasy world.

Talk about naive. Are you an only child with no kids?

Fights within families can make fights between families look like lovefests. And even when everyone is on good terms self interest rules. Besides, with coaches’ hours neither one of them will have time for the other during the season. You’re inventing a fantasy world.
Holy cow, the Krafts and Belichicks are not a family. This is OVAH between them. How could this not be more obvious to you?

Holy cow, the Krafts and Belichicks are not a family. This is OVAH between them. How could this not be more obvious to you?
It is obvious. You’re absolutely correct about that.

so how can you not see the consequence? Bill is done with the Krafts. He’s on to his next opponent.

This is such a great plan. Keep Bills shadow over the entire organization from coaching to front office all the while firing Bill himself. So the Pats entire organization is now 7/8 Bill rather than 100% Bill. What could possibly go wrong with a 4-13 team running back essentially the same entire organization?

I've said it in other threads but I think there is reason to keep Steve on board. I think he is a good coach and a smart guy, but if he does stay I want it to be because Mayo works well with him and believes Steve can do the job. Not because Bill and Bob simply made an agreement.

I get the sense that Bill understands that it would be best for Steve's career to separate and let him grow on his own as a coach.
Screenshot_20240115_153213_Samsung Internet.jpg

Belichicks .. there's an "s" at the end
Both Steven and Brian were offered to remain with the organization.. Callahan mentioned on Pats interference podcast that Josh is allegedly likely to consider taking Asst. Coach here or with Atlanta.

He believes Bill had been negotiating with Arthur blank..

Both Steven and Brian were offered to remain with the organization.. Callahan mentioned on Pats interference podcast that Josh is allegedly likely to consider taking Asst. Coach here or with Atlanta.

He believes Bill had been negotiating with Arthur blank..
Bill can take his mongoloid sons, Patricia, Judge, McDoosh, BloB, and Matt Groh with him to ATL. Good luck, lol.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back