PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What about Steve Belichick

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Im curious where all this leaves him both with the Patriots and his career. Do you think there was some deal worked out between Kraft and Bill to keep Steve? If you were Steve would you want to stay? Do you think saying good bye to Steve is part of the reset and if not do you keep him where he is or consider a promotion (not HC obviously as that would invalidate the reset). But to DC or something else?

Im curious where all this leaves him both with the Patriots and his career. Do you think there was some deal worked out between Kraft and Bill to keep Steve? If you were Steve would you want to stay? Do you think saying good bye to Steve is part of the reset and if not do you keep him where he is or consider a promotion (not HC obviously as that would invalidate the reset). But to DC or something else?
Good questions. Find out soon.

If mayo is hired, you might see Steve take over as the DC... Or he could follow his father out the door...

At this point in his career, if he has the ambition to be a HC, he needs to start on the interview circuit... At least see what kind of feedback he gets... Needs to step out of his father's shadow

Last edited:
Barth brought up a good point by not following his dad he could get out of dad’s shadow, establish his own reputation and what not.

I hope he stays as DC.

Barth brought up a good point by not following his dad he could get out of dad’s shadow, establish his own reputation and what not.

I hope he stays as DC.
I want Covington as DC.

Isn't it up to the new HC to decide who he wants for coaches?

Do we actually know what job Steve performs here? It seems to be a tossup over who was calling the shots on defense.

I heard he's very tight with Mayo so very possible he could stay if Mayo is HC.

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have a Belichick as a DC. He'd probably have Bill on speed dial.

based on how well the DL played under his tutelage, the guy can coach... its only a matter of time before he gets tabbed as a DC
If you are clearing house of Belichicks, ok.

If mayo is hired, you might see Steve take over as the DC... Or he could follow his father out the door...

At this point in his career, if he has the ambition to be a HC, he needs to start on the interview circuit... At least see what kind of feedback he gets... Needs to step out of his father's shadow
We will see how the team really feels about Steve without BB to influence the situation. There is some speculation that the info that Mayo was rubbing people the wrong way came from one of the Belichick kids. If that is the case, I can't see the team keeping him. One way or another Steve's next job needs to be away from his father if he is interested in an NFL career of his own.

when i was a bouncer in the 90's the owner of the bar was the spitting image of Peter... so much so it was uncanny
LOL

I was wondering the same thing myself. I strongly suspect it was part of Bill's and Bob's "conversations" over the past week. It would be strange keeping a Belichick offspring after losing the dad, but maybe they see it as a chance for him to start walking in his own path.

I honestly think it depends greatly on the relationship with Mayo. I have no reason to think they have a bad relationship but, quite honestly, I've never heard much about their interactions.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back