PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What a great day for Mrs. Reckedtrek and me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckedtrek

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Today (10-7-12) was our fifth anniversary. We wanted to go to the game, but 1- we have a recent rescue dog that has had a pretty tough life previously. He wasn't ready to be left alone for 8 hours or so, and 2- we didn't have a lot of extra money right now to buy decent tickets. We were going to watch from home and go out later and that would have been fine by us.

Then family and friends stepped up to take care of the dog, spending time with him so he wouldn't be freaked out by being alone too long. Then a co-worker of my wife's gave (GAVE!!) us tickets in Section 135, row 35 just under the 200 section and a free parking pass. Needless to say we were pretty blown away by this. No, we were VERY blown away by this.

It all came together late last night and this morning, so we didn't tailgate this time- just got quick food at 5 guys in Patriots place, went to our seats... and had a great time and a fantastic anniversary. The Good guys won, too! :)

I guess I'm just posting this to say that we are lucky to have great family and friends that made this day unforgettable (as did Brady, the D, Ridley, etc...). We met some great people at the game today, too. I'll be passing on as much of this good spirit as I can in my everyday life.

Life can be hard, but it can also be pretty sweet. I wish you all the best in your life as well, no matter what challenges you may be facing- and we all have something to deal with that we wish we didn't.

Here's to better days! Cheers!

Happy Fifth to you both.

Nice!! I'm still chilled to the bone...hey Reck, you saw the job they did on Jones today...they tackled him on that 4th quarter play and the McCourty give up in the 4th , Jones was CLEARLY grabbed from behind as he closed on Manning...clear, obvious, must be called penalties...I get back here and everyone is bashing the defense...just saw the entire breakdown on NFLN and you can SEE as bright as noon day sunshine the blatant uncalled holds on Jones , play after big play...we talked about it at the game about the refs making sure it stayed a show because this game was all but over at the end of the third.

You are a lucky dog...135??? I was freezing my azz off up in 310...got hot chocolate poisoning...but man, what a great game to witness..and that Demaryus guy on the broncs...he's HUGE...made our DB's look like midgets

Last edited:
Nice!

I sold my tix today.. Headed to vegas in a week for 10 days..i need the $$

you get tickets????

what didn't you tell me????

c'mon man....

Today (10-7-12) was our fifth anniversary. We wanted to go to the game, but 1- we have a recent rescue dog that has had a pretty tough life previously. He wasn't ready to be left alone for 8 hours or so, and 2- we didn't have a lot of extra money right now to buy decent tickets. We were going to watch from home and go out later and that would have been fine by us.

Then family and friends stepped up to take care of the dog, spending time with him so he wouldn't be freaked out by being alone too long. Then a co-worker of my wife's gave (GAVE!!) us tickets in Section 135, row 35 just under the 200 section and a free parking pass. Needless to say we were pretty blown away by this. No, we were VERY blown away by this.

It all came together late last night and this morning, so we didn't tailgate this time- just got quick food at 5 guys in Patriots place, went to our seats... and had a great time and a fantastic anniversary. The Good guys won, too! :)

I guess I'm just posting this to say that we are lucky to have great family and friends that made this day unforgettable (as did Brady, the D, Ridley, etc...). We met some great people at the game today, too. I'll be passing on as much of this good spirit as I can in my everyday life.

Life can be hard, but it can also be pretty sweet. I wish you all the best in your life as well, no matter what challenges you may be facing- and we all have something to deal with that we wish we didn't.

Here's to better days! Cheers!
good luck with the rescue dog. i hope he or she has a long happy life and congrats to you and the wife. :D

Last edited:
Happy Anniversary :D Sounds like a great day (couldn't think of anything better)!

Great story Reckedtrek - glad it was a superb day for you both!

Nice story, congrats! :singing::singing::singing:

Thank you everybody. It was an awesome day, and one I'll never forget.

Our rescue dog is older (about 8 years old) and was found homeless in Southern Illinois area in the winter, a black lab (and we think) German Sheppard mix. He was about 15-20 lbs underweight when they found him. He was about to be euthanized before a shelter in Mass had him sent here. We found him at the shelter. Someone spent a lot of time with him at one point as he knows a lot of commands, but someone mistreated him pretty badly too, based on how he responds to certain things. He's going to have a good life from here on out, however many years that may be.

We joke that he was trying to escape the Indy area to get to Patriots country any way necessary! ;)

Nice!! I'm still chilled to the bone...hey Reck, you saw the job they did on Jones today...they tackled him on that 4th quarter play and the McCourty give up in the 4th , Jones was CLEARLY grabbed from behind as he closed on Manning...clear, obvious, must be called penalties...I get back here and everyone is bashing the defense...just saw the entire breakdown on NFLN and you can SEE as bright as noon day sunshine the blatant uncalled holds on Jones , play after big play...we talked about it at the game about the refs making sure it stayed a show because this game was all but over at the end of the third.

You are a lucky dog...135??? I was freezing my azz off up in 310...got hot chocolate poisoning...but man, what a great game to witness..and that Demaryus guy on the broncs...he's HUGE...made our DB's look like midgets

Jones isn't a big enough name to get fair ref treatment... yet. That WILL Change! The seats were amazing! We usually get SRO seats and stand in the practice field end end zone. This was a pretty major upgrade this one time, needless to say. Is hot chocolate poisoning a real thing?

View from our seats!

419529_3960449687532_501716714_n.jpg

Good story, nice seats..

We are rescue dog people, on some days he can be a royal pain the butt, other days we ask what can he be thinking.. but he is a loyal hound and firmly attached to us and the grandchildren.

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!

Your post made my day! (The Patriots made my day yesterday.)

By the way, I am in your picture - my seats are in the back of section 106.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing