PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What’s on menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember those days. My son is now 29 and gets to pick his own bedtime (usually....... depends on his girlfriend's mood)/

When my son was in 2nd or 3rd grade, he used to watch the games with me. I'd have pepperocini and some non-alcoholic beer, along with jalapeno poppers, and some various cold cuts and cheeses. I'd always pour him a few inches of my non-alcoholic beer, and let him eat with me, mostly to expose him to some mild heat foods. He loved it.

So imagine my surprise when this one day, he comes home and I ask him about his day at school, and he responds "Teacher asked us all what we most like to do, and I said "I like to watch football with my dad cause he lets me eat spicey food and drink beer". Long silence on my part, as I await any second the child protection folks busting down my door.

So I noted the time, and made a quick phone call to the school, and thankfully his teacher was still there. I explained it was non-alcoholic beer and Italian peppers, poppers, etc. She said she thought his response was actually hilarious, and told me not to worry. What my son said was nothing compared to what some of the other kids had told her. REALLY????????????????????

I can fully understand now why teachers drink.

That's freaking hilarious.

Ok, why the hate on Michelob? Am I missing something here in Texas?

I was just kidding. We have a lot of micro breweries here in NE. If you get used to drinking those micro beers Bud and Michelob taste thin or watery in comparison. But like in all things it's whatever you enjoy.

Funny side story: Went to Poland (fantastic country btw) to do a contract job. Brought an expensive US made red wine with me as a gift. When I gave it to the head engineer he said with his thick Polish accent, "Men do not drink wine here...... it is a woman's drink". Hahaha Later that evening we were drinking Vodka and Polish beer. Good times.

Last edited:
Probably some energy drinks and a lot of coffee cause the game is at 2:30 in the morning hereo_O

Red wine and almonds for dinner in the parking lot.

Beer and peanuts for dinner # 2 in the stadium.

The basics: bread, cheese, Smuttynose Shoals pale ale.

nothing. due to a scheduling brain cramp, hubby and I will be at Madison Square Garden for an Eric Clapton concert. i hope the music is loud enough to drown my cheers when I check the score on my phone, and yes, the game is set to DVR

Ok, why the hate on Michelob? Am I missing something here in Texas?
Uh, because it barely qualifies to be called horse piss?

They still make Michelob? Still in the space-age rocket bottles?

"Bottled Michelob was originally sold in a uniquely shaped bottle named the teardrop bottle because it resembled a water droplet. The teardrop bottle was awarded a medal from the Institute of Design in 1962. Five years later the bottle was redesigned for efficiency in the production line.

In the ensuing decades, Michelob continued to establish itself as a choice brand for discerning connoisseurs of Bohemian-styled beers."

Chicken and cheese quesadillas
Nachos
Innis & Gunn beer
Protein shake (yeah, I know :rolleyes:)

Excellent choice of beverages, I have the same in my fridge.
I usually go to Treehouse because their beer is just godly, just so far away and the WAIT. But every once in a while swing by Trillium cause they're my go to backup in MA.

Curiosity 39
Curiosity 40
That's What She Said (not a milk stout fan)
Fort Point Ale
Heavy Mettle
DDH Sleeper Street

Yes I'm a beer snob.

Uh, because it barely qualifies to be called horse piss?
It has the lowest amount of carbohydrates and is crushable. I'd still drink it if there was nothing else, even if it is horse piss o_O

nothing at all...dark night here...:eek:

I'ma eat the family cat and pound a few Gannies. Hi, Neighbor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back