PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Were we SUPPOSED to lose the SB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, the officiating was defenetely not fine...100% of the close calls and the non calls went the giants way...

the call we got were the extreme obvious ones...just cuz we are used to us seeing exceptionally bad calls doesnt mean this game was properly...it wasnt....but im not blaming the refs...we lost the game...the refs just helped us lose it

All of these are offensive approaches and adjustments. In case you're missing something, when the defense wasn't on the field, Belichick was talking to the defense about the adjustments they're going to make for the next possession. Other than the field goal, Belichick had very little to do with those decisions on offense as McDaniels was the one doing the adjusting or lack thereof.

dont attack me, i am sane, and i am not just suffering from a heartbreaking loss...

but, what if the NFL just did not want us to win the SB? the officiating can easily be called shady...if u want examples, ask...

and the way our offense seemed like it did not try...was something wrong with BB?

BB can be called the best coach to ever participate in the NFL, why did he not give brady more protection with TE's when the line was struggling? why did he not kick a FG when he had a chance? Why is it that he never went to a 5 wide set, so that the lb fire blitz which had killed us all night could lose effectiveness? why did he not allow the offense to make 15 and 20 yd completions in the middle of the field with 3 TO's left at the end?

all i can say is, very uncharactiritic of BB, b/c they are all dumb decisions (in more then just hindsight) and ones which he is not known to make....

and all i ask is why this game? coincidence? for some reason i cant accept that

yes. and vegas was supposed to lose record amounts of money.

no, the officiating was defenetely not fine...100% of the close calls and the non calls went the giants way...

the call we got were the extreme obvious ones...just cuz we are used to us seeing exceptionally bad calls doesnt mean this game was properly...it wasnt....but im not blaming the refs...we lost the game...the refs just helped us lose it

Oh come on now... don't be a troll. If you ask the Giants fans, I'm sure they could have pointed to some close calls that DIDN'T go their way. So the 3 close calls/non-calls the Patriots fans noticed would probably be balanced out. But Giants fans don't need to talk about close calls/non-calls because they won.

The officiating was fine. The Patriots just got creamed at the LOS. That's the main reason for this loss.

reading some of his other posts, i'm convinced it's a troll pretending to be a crappy pats fan.

Seconded (or maybe it's well past second now...lol). Dude's a troll. He needs to be flushed.

JMO.

dont attack me, i am sane, and i am not just suffering from a heartbreaking loss...

but, what if the NFL just did not want us to win the SB? the officiating can easily be called shady...if u want examples, ask...

and the way our offense seemed like it did not try...was something wrong with BB?

BB can be called the best coach to ever participate in the NFL, why did he not give brady more protection with TE's when the line was struggling? why did he not kick a FG when he had a chance? Why is it that he never went to a 5 wide set, so that the lb fire blitz which had killed us all night could lose effectiveness? why did he not allow the offense to make 15 and 20 yd completions in the middle of the field with 3 TO's left at the end?

all i can say is, very uncharactiritic of BB, b/c they are all dumb decisions (in more then just hindsight) and ones which he is not known to make....

and all i ask is why this game? coincidence? for some reason i cant accept that
I totally agree, the NFL has become the WWE. Roger "Vince McMahon" Goddell spent all season scripting the game and the entire two weeks before the game getting the two teams to practice. You have to hand it to him. His gem was that special play where he had Eli elude a sack, chuck the ball and have Tyree make a "miracle" catch despite being draped. Who needs writers in Hollywood?
:rolleyes:

Two holding penalties against the Pats, none against the Giants. When's the last time you saw a game where one team had no holding penalties?

What did the refs and NFL have to do w/ your o-line getting lit up?

You're just as pathetic as your team. Go back under your rock, and take a dictionary with you so you can learn to spell "genius," you idiot. We're all looking forward to beating Tubby Ratfink and the Green Beans twice again next season. Always good for a laugh or two.

I saw no problem with the officiating save for three close/tough calls:

1) The non-call O Interference penalty against Burress for shoving Hobbs helmet away on one long reception.

2) The botched no whistle when Pierre Woods clearly recovered the fumble - - only to have the Giants player wrestle it away from him several seconds after he had cleanly pounced and controlled it.

3) The illegal procedure call on Watson when the DL clearly jumped first.

Outside of that, it seemed to me a pretty well-called game.

There was also the holding that went uncalled when Manning slipped away and completed that circus pass at the end of the game. But I can't really expect officials to make the call in that situation, even if it is a flagrant hold, which it was.

There was also the holding that went uncalled when Manning slipped away and completed that circus pass at the end of the game. But I can't really expect officials to make the call in that situation, even if it is a flagrant hold, which it was.
Is that like the end of a playoff basketball game where a guy drives to the basket and gets absolutely hammered, but they don't call the foul just because? Rules are rules, penalties are penalties, and the time in the game should be no qualifier. I'd have to go back and look at the play, didn't see the holding in real time.

Is that like the end of a playoff basketball game where a guy drives to the basket and gets absolutely hammered, but they don't call the foul just because? Rules are rules, penalties are penalties, and the time in the game should be no qualifier. I'd have to go back and look at the play, didn't see the holding in real time.

me neither...but then again i was focused on the action, yelling "get him down" at the TV....wasnt exactly looking for holding...

but i believe it was there....btw, our d-line was gassed when the giants scored their 2 td's....really really really tired...

me neither...but then again i was focused on the action, yelling "get him down" at the TV....wasnt exactly looking for holding...

but i believe it was there....btw, our d-line was gassed when the giants scored their 2 td's....really really really tired...

Two years in a row we go down at the end in a domed stadium. Hmmmmmm.

You're just as pathetic as your team. Go back under your rock, and take a dictionary with you so you can learn to spell "genius," you idiot. We're all looking forward to beating Tubby Ratfink and the Green Beans twice again next season. Always good for a laugh or two.

"If disfunction is a function, he must be some kind of genius..."

I loved the highlight they showed over and over after the game of Brady being rushed and WHACKED IN THE HELMET WITH AN ENTIRE FOREARM...not only a no-call but a HIGHLIGHT!!!!

I loved the highlight they showed over and over after the game of Brady being rushed and WHACKED IN THE HELMET WITH AN ENTIRE FOREARM...not only a no-call but a HIGHLIGHT!!!!

Yeah I think Kawika Mitchell came down w/two arms over his head. Watsons' hold was BS to which stalled a drive. I think the OP is confused like I am that this game didn't really add up. Granted the Giants front four is good, but did anyone expect that and w/little to no adjustments. It was like watching a different team.

Where in hell are Art Bell and George Noory when we need them? The twilight zone beckons.

We were out-couched and out-played, bottom line.

We were supposed to win if we had a good game plan and 1 or 2 plays went our way. Unfortunately it was one of those days. I'm almost delirious over the thought that so many plays went in there favor and it really didn't have to do anything to do with the refs in the least. Poor execution, fundamentals and bad luck about sums it up. Terrible playcalling on both sides of the ball....I've never questioned BB and staff up until last Sunday.

Regroup and do it again. That's all a fan can do and evidently that's what BB and staff are doing.

(throws a log on the fire)

I just watched the game again and played Manning's "escape" in slow motion.

Shaun O'Hara was not only holding Seymour but he had him by the facemask. You can see his head jerk when he was trying to wrap up Manning.

AD was held twice, once coming in and then again when he came around the other side. That whole play was a friggin joke.

The Pats were supposed to win that game. They were 18-0 and the Giants were lucky to even be there. The Giants were there to lose and they know it. As good as the Giants defense played, they got scored on when it mattered most. With 2:40 left in the game, the Giants defense allowed a touchdown on third and goal. The Pats defense didn't make the neccessary stops on the final drive when they knew the Giants were in passing mode. Had the Pats stopped the Giants on the final drive, the story would be reversed that the Giants defense played well, but not well enough. The Pats offense did their part when it mattered most. The defense let Manning and their average recievers and Plaxico playing with one leg march right down field. Pathetic!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick