PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're starting to see the team right the ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats an overly pessimistic outlook on the season. 2 more wins? That's it? I think they get at least 4 more
7-9 is their ceiling. We will pick in the teens and Bill will select an OL or CB with this pick and we will all loose our mind :rofl:

So we should tank for the next Josh Rosen Hard pass.

This might come as a shock to you but the first round is not the only round in the draft that actually takes place.

The 2 best QBs in the game right now are Mahomes and Rodgers, both came out in the lower middle of round 1. Brady or no Brady, it is very possible to find a franchise guy in the middle of the first round, it arguably happens at least as often as that top guy actually turns into a top guy.
Mahomes was drafted 10th overall

I would prefer taking a qb between 25-30 and hope he becomes the next mahomes. Maybe Zach wilson? Who knows.. else get more picks and get the best studs available at each juncture and no More drafting defensive backs.. we do a good job with undrafted picks. No point wasting them up high.. for once let's not be too smart and go with popular opinion in draft...No more division 2 or 5th rounds prospect taken in round 2...
Wilson won’t be there at 25-30. He may actually be the 3rd QB taken. Wilson may go top 10.

Is QB even a given for the Pats in the first round, assuming Fields and Lawrence are off the board? At that point it may be WR or DT above all else

This team will not make the playoffs because Cam is not a winner. He is not clutch. He had chances to beat Buffalo, Denver and Seattle and failed each time. That being said why do you want to see this team get blown out on National TV by the #1 or #2 seed? That Titans game last season was BRUTAL. No thank you!!

I'm hoping to see competitive games and for Cam to perform better in the clutch. Maybe we figure it out down the stretch and have something to look forward to next year. If by some miracle we have a run this year even better. Avoiding a deep rock bottom would be a decent result for this season though.

They will have a tough time winning regularly with this DLine. They will get run on easily.
I know we'll get Guy back, but other than him and Wino are there any players on the d line that we feel confident in? This position has to be , if not the top priority in the upcoming draft and free agency, then at least the second. Counting on players like Wise, Calhoun and Rivers is very risky.

Oooh yay! Stats that don't really mean anything!
How do stats about how many points you allow and winning the SB not mean anything?
Why do you think they play? Oh yeah I forgot you think the goal of a team is to brag about some draft picks.

How do stats about how many points you allow and winning the SB not mean anything?
Why do you think they play? Oh yeah I forgot you think the goal of a team is to brag about some draft picks.
We could be statically a great defense but if we lose every game then what does it matter?

I'm hoping to see competitive games and for Cam to perform better in the clutch. Maybe we figure it out down the stretch and have something to look forward to next year. If by some miracle we have a run this year even better. Avoiding a deep rock bottom would be a decent result for this season though.

Teams need a youngster and a veteran at QB.

We need to draft a QB and choose a veteran that the team can trust.

I would think that Cam will be good enough for us to want to re-sign.

We could be statically a great defense but if we lose every game then what does it matter?
That’s stupid. Games are win and lost by points. You are literally arguing that points allowed by a defense and Sb wins are meaningless statistics. What would be a meaningful one? Remember under belichick this team has won more
Games
Playoff games
Div titles
Conference titles
Championships

than any other team in nfl history has in any equal time period.

Teams need a youngster and a veteran at QB.

We need to draft a QB and choose a veteran that the team can trust.

I would think that Cam will be good enough for us to want to re-sign.
I think cam is only back if he signs another vet minimum deal. He isn’t worth any more than that.

I think cam is only back if he signs another vet minimum deal. He isn’t worth any more than that.
Agree...You can also go with jameis winston who should be available for a million dollars if we give hin opportunity to start. Cam is not gonna get anything substantial till he takes pats to playoffs...Just double dip on quarter back in draft next year. The lottery begins for us ..

7-9 is their ceiling. We will pick in the teens and Bill will select an OL or CB with this pick and we will all loose our mind :rofl:
If he gets an excellent OL, I won’t be in the “lose our mind” crew.

I know we'll get Guy back, but other than him and Wino are there any players on the d line that we feel confident in? This position has to be , if not the top priority in the upcoming draft and free agency, then at least the second. Counting on players like Wise, Calhoun and Rivers is very risky.

What? We've drafted enough defensive players in the early rounds. The top priority in the draft should be QB, WR, and TE. We have the worst skilled position players in the nfl.

They were the # 1 defense in the NFL last year and won the Sb the year before mostly because of their defense. Systemically they are a top 3 defense. They rank either 1 or 2 in points allowed in the belichick era. (The site to search those numbers isn’t free any more so it could be 1 or 2 right now.)
That was Then; This is Now.

Baby steps, but still alot of improvement needed. This is a competitive team that’s been in all games but 1 against a hard schedule thus far.

the biggest concern is how our run d has looked since the denver game. We have to get back to playing d like in the kc game and before (i can understand the occasional meltdown against an elite qb). Solid d plus the improvement we are seeing on offense is a team capable of stringing some wins together. But if the d continues to suck we have zero chance of winning 9 and having a shot.

At the end of the day, i just at the least hope we can show signs at some point to give us hope going into next year with a solid offseason and stuff to build on. Encouraged by what in seeing from cam and the offense lately. id love if myers , harris, and byrd continue their play. Get something from these rookie te’s if they ever play. Uche , jennings help out at lb and Bentley get better. Dugger and joejuan contribute in the backfield. I know they all probably wont happen but to get some would be nice.
Bentley has been awful...he’s lucky to still be here (not sure what BB is seeing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3