PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to the Vikings - at Gillette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats open up favorites by a TD (-7)

Yeah and today it is -6. They always give the Pats -3 at home so actual realistic spread is -3 or lower IMO.

It reminded me of throwing to Moss vs Revis for WHY???? in 2009.

I feel like this year we're good for at least two of those a game, where it's 3rd and short, and we chuck it 30 yards downfield to a covered receiver. I don't mind going deep on 3rd and short (if the D is playing for that 2 yards, sometimes something downfield is more open), but I don't care who you're throwing to, the odds of a covered man coming down with that are slim, and all you need is a couple yards to move the chains.

I'm not a pro though, I'm sure they identify something and it makes some sense in context, but man does it frustrate me on gameday.

If Rhodes plays I can't imagine he will be 100%. He's their #1 CB, so that certainly will help.

Interesting that the best 3rd down defenses are all AFC teams except MIN & CHI.

It's worth noting that the Pats have played 5 of those defenses already this season, and will play 4 of their next 5 against those defenses. The Pats have also played six games against pass defenses that are in the top-10 in the league, and five games against defenses that are in the top-10 in run-D.

Perhaps adds a bit of perspective on the Pats' "offensive struggles".

Thanks. Yes, I think we forgot how good the 2015 team was. Injuries killed that team and even with that, came a hair away from another SB.

Injuries plus an officiating screw job in Denver in the regular season that cost them HFA in playoffs. The league was bending over backwards to ensure Manning retired with a 2nd ring.:mad:

Glad this game is at home. A solid win with good performances in all 3 phases of the game would be great!

Comments:

a.) QB's the Pats D have faced all season: Watson (coming off an ACL and not 100%), Bortles (threw 4 TD's), Stafford (played OK), Osweiller, Luck (coming off a shoulder injury with a weak OL...at the time), Mahomes (won by 3), Trubisky ( in year 2), Anderson (A QB starting after 2 weeks of being with the team), Rodgers (on a gimpy leg), Mariota, and McNown (39 year old back up). Of the above QB's...I'd rank Cousins about #5 behind Mahomes, Luck, Rodgers, and Watson.

b.) The Vikes WR duo is downright dangerous with Thielen/Diggs...but don't sleep on Treadwell who can make plays here and there...Rudolph as well. I think this will be the best collection of pass catchers since the K.C. game (with Hill, Kelce, and Watkins).

c.) Lativus Murray is a solid if not spectacular RB type... Dalvin Cook is the game breaker type. Cook has been getting more and more reps in recent weeks. I think we see a healthy dose of Cook this week.

d.) The Vikes D is solid....but there aren't really any good defenses anymore in the NFL these days given all the rules favoring offenses. We can do some damage, but this game will need to be won by our D limiting the Vikes to under 24ppg, IMO.

6-4-1 net 19 points....BFD

Yep two very good receivers so thats a problem

Eh....

Cousins played great the last time he was here. His receivers dropped some crucial easy balls. These guys now won't. He has been great with the big play this season. Pats can't play around with this game.

Obviously we need better playcalling than 2 straight fade routes to Gronk against the jets best player.

That's the same bs call they tried with Bennett that almost ended the Pats OT comeback vs Atlanta with a pick.

but this game will need to be won by our D limiting the Vikes to under 24ppg, IMO.

Hope so. The Vikes' offensive output has averaged 22 points per game.

They also have three defensive scores ... one against the Niners (Vikes won 24-16), one against Philly (Vikes won 23-21), and one againstDetroit (Vikes won 24-9). The Vikes have tended to win this season only when they win the turnover battle.

Comments:

a.) QB's the Pats D have faced all season: Watson (coming off an ACL and not 100%), Bortles (threw 4 TD's), Stafford (played OK), Osweiller, Luck (coming off a shoulder injury with a weak OL...at the time), Mahomes (won by 3), Trubisky ( in year 2), Anderson (A QB starting after 2 weeks of being with the team), Rodgers (on a gimpy leg), Mariota, and McNown (39 year old back up). Of the above QB's...I'd rank Cousins about #5 behind Mahomes, Luck, Rodgers, and Watson.

b.) The Vikes WR duo is downright dangerous with Thielen/Diggs...but don't sleep on Treadwell who can make plays here and there...Rudolph as well. I think this will be the best collection of pass catchers since the K.C. game (with Hill, Kelce, and Watkins).

c.) Lativus Murray is a solid if not spectacular RB type... Dalvin Cook is the game breaker type. Cook has been getting more and more reps in recent weeks. I think we see a healthy dose of Cook this week.

d.) The Vikes D is solid....but there aren't really any good defenses anymore in the NFL these days given all the rules favoring offenses. We can do some damage, but this game will need to be won by our D limiting the Vikes to under 24ppg, IMO.

Did you consider the impact of a dome team playing in the cold weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back