PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to the Vikings - at Gillette

Status
Not open for further replies.
If IRex is back, his impact will most quickly be felt coming out of the slot and running some of the routes that Amendola used to run.

The Vikings are a good team. The Patriots need to bring their best to this one. Cutting down on the penalties is a must - they bailed out the Jets repeatedly in the first half yesterday. They are up-and-down with losses following good wins. I hope that trend continues.
Well i don't think hoculli and his crew are officiating this game (at least i hope not) so i expect the penalties to be way down.

Last edited:
We realllly need to improve our RZ offense. That’s gonna be the key to our season. Creativity & execution. I believe Da Burkmeister will help in this area.

Well i don't thin hoculli and his crew are officiating this game (at least i hope not) so i expect the penalties to be way down.

No kidding. That was the most intrusive officiating I've seen in a while. Unless it's flagrant or a dangerous hit, they need to let these guys play. Hochuli, Jr.'s crew is #1 on the list of penalties called per game.

I seems to me that the Pats want opposing defenses to have to defend everything, so I'm pretty sure they'll run, though not necessarily more than 50% of the time as they did against the Jete.

Minny will be a good test for Sony. They'll be the best run-D he's faced this season by far, save for four carries against CHI before he got hurt (early in the game). The Bears' run-D is the only one that's been "better" than the Vikes'.

And on the first drive against CHI prior to injury he was running well against that bears front.

Sony has a great knack for slipping into holes and gaining positive yards. He also has that ability to slide to the left or right to get those extra 4-5 yards...lastly, he made a great cut in the Jets game, to pick up an extra 30ish yards. I thought he was going to just plow ahead for maybe 10, but he took a more horizontal cut towards the sideline and then turned it up field.

I'd like to see more breakaway speed, but he is a really smooth runner.

And on the first drive against CHI prior to injury he was running well against that bears front.

Sony had two carries on the Pats' first possession: off RT for 18, then off LT for 6.

The Pats went 3&OUT on their second possession with no runs.

The Pats' 3rd possession went;
- Michel, LT, no gain
- Brady>Gordon, 20 yds, deep middle
- Michel, LT, -2 yds (fumble-lost and injury)

Both those tackles were solo stops by DT/DE Bilal Nichols, who also shared the stop on Sony's 2nd carry for 6 yards. It's possible that the Bears D has already adjusted to account for Sony by his third carry.

I'm very tempted to pick Minnie here, good well rounded team, well coached, with a very good QB (albeit very overpaid, but very good none the less). I think this may be the final regular season loss of the season (either this one, Miami, or Pittsburgh).

Sony had two carries on the Pats' first possession: off RT for 18, then off LT for 6.

The Pats went 3&OUT on their second possession with no runs.

The Pats' 3rd possession went;
- Michel, LT, no gain
- Brady>Gordon, 20 yds, deep middle
- Michel, LT, -2 yds (fumble-lost and injury)

Both those tackles were solo stops by DT/DE Bilal Nichols, who also shared the stop on Sony's 2nd carry for 6 yards. It's possible that the Bears D has already adjusted to account for Sony by his third carry.

He had 4 for 22 and a screen catch for 13 before leaving. Just looking at whites stats rushing that game (11 for 40) it’s not inconceivable to think Sony would’ve had around 80 yards by the end of the game. But again this is just a projection since there’s no way of knowing.

We realllly need to improve our RZ offense. That’s gonna be the key to our season. Creativity & execution. I believe Da Burkmeister will help in this area.

Obviously we need better playcalling than 2 straight fade routes to Gronk against the jets best player.

I like how you had to specify where the game was being played in the title of the thread unlike all the other "We're on to..." threads.

Current forecast, 40's with showers and 10 MPH wind.

Minnesota vs teams currently with a winning record 0-3. (Saints, Rams and Bears). Patriots 4-0 (Chiefs, Colts, Bears, Texans).

Minnesota road record: 2-2-1, all of these have been outside so same record out of the dome.

SOS: Pats: .492, Vikings .471
SOV: Pats: .534 , Vikings .311

Common opponents:

GB @ NE Win 31-17
Minn @ GB Tie 29-29
GB @ Minn W 24-17

NE @ Buffalo W 25-6
Buffalo @ Minn L 27-6

NE @ NYJ W 27-13
Minn @ NYJ W 37-17

NE @ Chicago W @ 38-31
Minn @ Chicago L 25-20