PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On To The Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the Patriots cheat real hard on Saturday so they can have a chance against this juggernaut Tennessee Titans team.
I mean I'd say thats grat Bulletin board material. Except WTF is Jason Wolff?

You can't put people saying Brady and Belichick are cheaters on Kraft. As soon as those stories broke people would label them as that even if no punishment came of it.. Look at the Tomlin headset comment, even when it was widely reported nfl controls the headsets. But because Tomlin flapped his gums now it's "Pats cheat by sabotaging headsets"

The reason everyone is so willing to believe every accusation is because they are "proven cheaters." Have been since Spygate, the first witch hunt Kraft should have stood up against, but instead folded.

Thought this was interesting :D

Titans Home

“Titans practice squad tight end Tim Semisch is listed as No.85 on the team's roster, but he rarely wears it during practices.”

“Why? Because Semisch regularly plays on the scout team wearing the uniform number of the tight end the team will face. This week he's been wearing No.87 -- he's Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski.”

"He's done a good job, he has, he's done a really good job," Titans coach Mike Mularkey said of Semisch. "He's done a really good job all year. We've faced some tight ends, and he's giving us a good picture."

Semisch, signed as a free agent out of Northern Illinois, has worked on the practice squad all season.

Semisch is 6-foot-8, 275 pounds, so he has the size. Gronkowski, who leads the Patriots with 69 catches for 1,084 receiving yards this season, is listed at 6-6, 265.

A week ago, Semisch worked against the Titans defense mimicking Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce.

"I'm just trying to give these guys the best look I can, trying to mirror his play," Semisch said of Gronkowski. "The defense has done a good job of defending me. I have a lot of respect for (Gronkowsk), the overall player he is."

Titans safety Kevin Byard said Semisch has done a nice job.

"I think Tim has been one of our better, if not our best, practice squad guys all year," Byard said. "Just the looks he has been giving us week in and week out, whether it is playing Gronkowski or whoever, he has been great. He has been saying, "Hey, do you want me to push off a little more or be more physical here?' He's done a great job."

Semisch said he didn't try out the Gronk spike during practice.

"I didn't want to rub anybody the wrong way, or starts any rifts at practice," Semisch said. "So I haven't done any Gronk spikes."

Last edited:
Exactly :D

“It’s 10x more important if Harrison gets 1 sack and 4 pressures than whatever intel he has on anyone. It’s not like Brady hasn’t seen every defense many times over.”

Don't think BB has faced a RB (Henry) like that before that has both power and speed

-A titans fan on r/titans

giphy.gif

Thought this was interesting

Titans Home

“Titans practice squad tight end Tim Semisch is listed as No.85 on the team's roster, but he rarely wears it during practices.”

“Why? Because Semisch regularly plays on the scout team wearing the uniform number of the tight end the team will face. This week he's been wearing No.87 -- he's Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski.”

"He's done a good job, he has, he's done a really good job," Titans coach Mike Mularkey said of Semisch. "He's done a really good job all year. We've faced some tight ends, and he's giving us a good picture."

Semisch, signed as a free agent out of Northern Illinois, has worked on the practice squad all season.

Semisch is 6-foot-8, 275 pounds, so he has the size. Gronkowski, who leads the Patriots with 69 catches for 1,084 receiving yards this season, is listed at 6-6, 265.

A week ago, Semisch worked against the Titans defense mimicking Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce.

"I'm just trying to give these guys the best look I can, trying to mirror his play," Semisch said of Gronkowski. "The defense has done a good job of defending me. I have a lot of respect for (Gronkowsk), the overall player he is."

"I think Tim has been one of our better, if not our best, practice squad guys all year," Byard said. "Just the looks he has been giving us week in and week out, whether it is playing Gronkowski or whoever, he has been great. He has been saying, "Hey, do you want me to push off a little more or be more physical here?' He's done a great job."

"I didn't want to rub anybody the wrong way, or starts any rifts at practice," Semisch said. "So I haven't done any Gronk spikes."

This has me breaking out in giggles. Sort of like practicing against a lumbering Mack, then when they start playing the game, they get hit by an Amtrak high-speed express train.

Thought this was interesting

Titans Home

So he hasn’t done the Gronkowski spikes cuz he doesn’t want to rub anybody the wrong way. But he is scoring TD’s, that is a glass half empty scenario

Found this post at titamsreport

If the Titans win I hope it is in one of two ways-

1) Brady is knocked out early with a mild injury, (mild concussion, broken finger in passing hand etc). Hoyer comes in and throws 3 interceptions and the Titans offense does just enough to squeak out a win. At the press conference Belichick comes out looks directly at the camera and says, "Bobby and Jonathan, you did this. I'm out." Drops the mic and walks off the podium and resigns.

2) Brady plays the full game, actually has a great game (400+ yds, 3 td) but due to three Patriot turnovers from RB and WR that lead to two defensive TDs the Patriots lose by 3 points after Mariota drives down the field with 30 seconds left and Succop kicks the game winning field goal as time expires. After the game all the media can talk about is how Tom Brady is done and too old and its all downhill, even though Brady has near perfect passer rating and 3 tds.

Considering Kelce ****ing torched them until he got hurt, I'd say he's doing a bang-up job on the scout team.

Or the Titans defenders are really slow learners.

Exactly :D

“It’s 10x more important if Harrison gets 1 sack and 4 pressures than whatever intel he has on anyone. It’s not like Brady hasn’t seen every defense many times over.”

Harrison keeping Mariota behind the LoS on a rollout/scramble and forcing him to throw the ball away a few times (or throw a pick), might be worth more than a sack.

Get ready for the clown show.. I wonder what over is at questions that have nothing to do with football. 5.5?

He hates his coach!

Comparing it to the 13-0 trend versus teams that we haven’t faced in the regular season, 12-9 doesn’t seem as hot for rematches.

During all 5 seasons they won the Super Bowl, they defeated someone in the playoffs that they had played during the regular season.
2001 - Rams (loss in regular season)
2003 - Titans and Colts (wins in regular season)
2004 - Colts (win in regular season) and Steelers (loss in regular season)
2014 - Colts (win in regular season)
2016 - Texans and Steelers (wins in regular season)

During all 5 seasons they won the Super Bowl, they defeated someone in the playoffs that they had played during the regular season.
2001 - Rams (loss in regular season)
2003 - Titans and Colts (wins in regular season)
2004 - Colts (win in regular season) and Steelers (loss in regular season)
2014 - Colts (win in regular season)
2016 - Texans and Steelers (wins in regular season)
That makes sense. I think a few people may have read into my comment a bit too much, though. I’m just pointing out the obvious difference between 13-0 vs teams that we didn’t play and 12-9 versus teams that we did, that’s all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back