PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On To The Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilmore played a year in Schwartz's system. Schwartz learned defense from Bill Belichick.

2014 Bills defense was basically this Eagles defense as Schwartz was the DC,

Mario Williams had 14.5 sacks, Jerry Hughes had 10. They had Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus in the middle.

Brady threw for 370 yards and 4 TD in Buffalo. The 2nd game Pats had the 1st seed locked up and Brady only played a half with.

Schwartz was on Bill's staff in Cleveland. I forget what role he played but he was with Bill there.

This may have been mentioned but in 2004, the Eagles played Minnesota and Atlanta before the playing the Pats in the SuperBowl.

Not going to happen- we're going to have trouble handling their OZ and pin & pull RPO's that read off the will. Both are elements that stress the defense horizontally- and that's been our big achilles heel this season.
45-10

This may have been mentioned but in 2004, the Eagles played Minnesota and Atlanta before the playing the Pats in the SuperBowl.
wow.. that is a little freaky

Fun facts... some not so fun.

#1 Brady needs 279 yards to gain 10,000 post season passing yards.

#2 The Patriots have now gone 4 games without a fumble/interception on defense. The last one they got was against the Steelers. They will likely need 1 in the super bowl and are well over due.

#3 The Patriots have not had a defensive TD all season. The super bowl be a great time for their first one this year.

#4 The Eagles have had 1 turnover all post season. Their 2nd offensive play against the Falcons (the first was a penalty on the defense). Since then they have had about 119 minutes and 45 seconds of turnover free football.

#5 As good as Brady has been in the playoffs this is the first time he has had back to back multiple TD games and no turnovers in a single playoff run. He had a fumble in the eagles super bowl FYI for those who don't remember. It could be argued this is the best back to back performance of his career in the playoffs and not just looking at stats.

#6 The Patriots defense has not surrendered more than 21 offensive points for the last 7 playoff games. The highest being 21 offensive points vs the Falcons... 20 was hit by The Jags/Broncos/KC

#7 Since the 2014 playoffs and the start of the new run Brady has only thrown for less than 287 yards once against Indy. They won that game 45-7 (IE they stopped throwing when up). This means no team has been able to really shut down this passing offense. Slow it down yes. Not shut it down.

#8 Brady hasn't had a playoff rushing TD in 6 games... the 2nd longest drought of his playoff career. He had a 13 game streak in the playoffs without but since then he has 4 over a span of 10 games and now has gone 6 games without one. Due? I could see it against a tough run D in a short yardage red zone situation.

And I will stop at 8 for 8 appearances by Brady and BB.

Last edited:
5th straight year of no wild card weekend team in the sb. I like seeing less of the ‘lightning in a bottle ‘ teams personally.

The Eagles started poorly in both their games. They looked really nervous and anxious in the Atlanta game and the Vikings scored really easily on their first procession. Honestly, Atlanta could have been up 21-0 quickly on the Eagles.

Eagles fans already complaining about the refs.

Im not saying the Eagles have no shot but almost all of their scoring came on big plays and thats not something I think they can bank on against the patriots

Im not saying the Eagles have no shot but almost all of their scoring came on big plays and thats not something I think they can bank on against the patriots

The way to beat NE is to grind it out like Jax almost did yesterday.

People should stop *****ing about those showing concern.

This Eagles team is good, Foles played well last night, and most recent Patriots playoffs game plans have been designed around not losing rather than aggressively seeking to win, which has led to closer games than necessary at times, and has put the team into "must execute now" situations against teams where that shouldn't have happened. A healthy dose of concern is absolutely warranted, as both of yesterday's games demonstrated pretty clearly.

Mocking the people who are already looking up for chunks of sky, on the other hand....

Fun facts... some not so fun.

#1 Brady needs 279 yards to gain 10,000 post season passing yards.

#2 The Patriots have now gone 4 games without a fumble/interception on defense. The last one they got was against the Steelers. They will likely need 1 in the super bowl and are well over due.

#3 The Patriots have not had a defensive TD all season. The super bowl be a great time for their first one this year.

#4 The Eagles have had 1 turnover all post season. Their 2nd offensive play against the Falcons (the first was a penalty on the defense). Since then they have had about 119 minutes and 45 seconds of turnover free football.

#5 As good as Brady has been in the playoffs this is the first time he has had back to back multiple TD games and no turnovers in a single playoff run. He had a fumble in the eagles super bowl FYI for those who don't remember. It could be argued this is the best back to back performance of his career in the playoffs and not just looking at stats.

#6 The Patriots defense has not surrendered more than 21 offensive points for the last 7 playoff games. The highest being 21 offensive points vs the Falcons... 20 was hit by The Jags/Broncos/KC

#7 Since the 2014 playoffs and the start of the new run Brady has only thrown for less than 287 yards once against Indy. They won that game 45-7 (IE they stopped throwing when up). This means no team has been able to really shut down this passing offense. Slow it down yes. Not shut it down.

#8 Brady hasn't had a playoff rushing TD in 6 games... the 2nd longest drought of his playoff career. He had a 13 game streak in the playoffs without but since then he has 4 over a span of 10 games and now has gone 6 games without one. Due? I could see it against a tough run D in a short yardage red zone situation.

And I will stop at 8 for 8 appearances by Brady and BB.
Since the NEP first SB appearance in SB 20, the Patriots have appeared in 31% of all the Superbowls.

Since Belichick and Brady -- 44%
Since Brady starts (08 not included) 50%

All Super Bowls?.... Pats have appeared in 19.23% :)

Those are terrible examples. Stork had like 5 concussions in a span of 3 years. McClellin had red flags in the draft about concussions and he's had about 4 or 5 since coming into the league.

Those are 2 guys that have concussion problems. Gronk this is only his 2nd concussion in his NFL career the 1st one was when Ward took out his knee and he hit his head on the ground.

Visit a head trauma unit someday...not all concussions are equal.

This Eagles team is good, Foles played well last night, and most recent Patriots playoffs game plans have been designed around not losing rather than aggressively seeking to win, which has led to closer games than necessary at times, and has put the team into "must execute now" situations against teams where that shouldn't have happened. A healthy dose of concern is absolutely warranted, as both of yesterday's games demonstrated pretty clearly.

Mocking the people who are already looking up for chunks of sky, on the other hand....

Agreed. And, I get it, the Patriots have been consistent in delivering the improbable. At this point, no one should be surprised when they come back from any deficit. BUT, I swear to God, if they go down 14-3 again (or worse) and/or play like crap for the better part of the first three quarters, I may not make it to the miracle ending. At the very least, my TV won't - please, please, PLEASE start fast or at least equal in execution and gameplan to the Eagles.

are people *****ing about those showing concern though? or more the sky is falling crowd? Its ok to think that this eagles team will pose a good test but still think the patriots win.

Here are my thoughts, the Eagles are a good team, that's pretty obvious...you don't get to the Super Bowl by being "just ok." They have a good OL and DL, Foles played great against Minnesota and the two RBs are tough, physical runners...we know full well having had Blount here for two SB wins. Their defense seems stout, but I think their secondary can be exploited. I like New England in this one, I'm reasonably confident. Last year was a little more iffy playing against that high-flying offense of Atlanta. I think we'll be fine. Take care of the ball, block well, make good tackles and we'll be fine :) Go Pats!

are people *****ing about those showing concern though? or more the sky is falling crowd? Its ok to think that this eagles team will pose a good test but still think the patriots win.

It's also ok to think the Patriots will lose, so I'm not really sure of your point. Yes, some people are sure that it's the end of the world as we know it, and some people are just trolls. Others, though, have legitimate concern that a talented team is going to be facing the Patriots, and that the QB for that team just played a very good game.

Unfortunately, this board is becoming increasingly hostile to any non-homer input, and that needs to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents