PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On to Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt play gronk. if he is gronk from the buffalo game there is no use to playing him. you rest him against the Titans and then get the Bye it gives him a whole month off.

Sony Michel (as crazy as it sounds) is probably most important to our offense right now. We saw how good we our offense was moving when we had the run game going with him. It adds another dimension to our offense and passing game.

Let Gronk rest.

Michel (and White) are the main reasons why we have the H2H tiebreaker over the Chiefs imo.

Auto muting Television in advance as we speak Fouts is painful to listen to.:rolleyes:

Yikes, yeah this will be a mute game this weekend. Fouts can't retire soon enough

1 -> The Jaguars are much worse now than they were when we played. They let up 40 to the Cowboys... And I doubt that if we played the Cowboys, there is any question what the result would be. The Titans offense was also worse than the NE offense when the two matched up in Jacksonville. 9-6 isn't an awe inspiring score.

2 -> Tennessee doesn't slow things down. They are middle of the pack in time of possession per game (1 spot above us at #17).

4 -> Why would we keep out players that can give our team a significant boost? The Cordarrelle Patterson show isn't gonna keep up forever and against the Bills (whose defense is more comparable to the Titans than the Packers) our run game was nonexistant. Shaq Mason is crucial to the run game. Against a good defense, we need Gronk to open up opportunities in the secondary - the Titans have several quality players that can cover. 7-3 at the Bye close to ensures that we won't get Home Field throughout - something that has come to hurt us in the past (13, 15)

1.) Yes, the Jags suck now...but the Titans beat them 9-6 shortly after we got roasted by Bortles. Yes, we are also a different team...but still beatable.

2.) I meant that the Titans don't let things snowball. For example, they should have been down 21-0 last night...but noooo….the dug in their heels...and tied it up before halftime.

4.) While this game is an important AFC match up, Gronk and Michel are two offensive players that take our offense from good to GREAT. I know they are football players and all, but I want them 100% in late December/January. By resting them this week...we are giving them 20 days before we play in the Meadowlands. Gronk was OUT...played a bit...and was OUT again the last 3 weeks...was playing him in Buffalo worth it? I wonder... and Michel has only returned to practice last week on a limited basis. The Titans are the kind of team we can win against if our defense shows up and keeps Mariota in the pocket, stick Gilmore on Davis, and focus on Dion Lewis.... I'd rather run again with Patterson and more Barner...and keep throwing to Dwayne Allen.

The Titans are a tough team to draw a bead on. They have both appalling garbage losses and surprise wins. Mariota alternately looks really good and totally hapless. They run a lot (#7 in attempts) but for consistently poor yards per attempt (#28!). Their wide receiver/TE corps is very mediocre. The game could be a walkover or a really tough knife fight.

The main 3 things that scare me against the Patriots defense are mobile quarterbacks, and passes to tight ends and running backs. The Titans check off 2 out of 3 of those with Mariota and Dion Lewis, but their TE corps is a huge nothing with Delanie Walker on IR, and overall I just don't think they have the weapons to threaten the Pats as long as they keep Mariota bottled up in the pocket. Their offensive line has also regressed HUGELY just since last year.

On paper the Titans defense looks good, but the best offense they played against was the Chargers (#11 in scoring), and everyone else ranged from mid-pack to outright bad in points scored. I don't think anyone actually believes they're a genuinely elite unit.

Listened to a little Nashville sports radio today, and they were super down on Malcolm Butler. Basically labeled him a gambler/freelancer who doesn't understand the coverage on any given play and gets burnt a lot. Kind of interesting. Seem happy with Dion Lewis in spite of his low YPC because they blame the OL's run blocking taking a huge step back from the past couple seasons.

Whole lot of Pats fans seem to be making the trip to Tennessee. Anyone here going?

I will be there (also went to the game there in 2012). My wife is from Nashville and a big Titans fan, and her dad and brother are also going. So I'll be the lone Pats voice in the group.
We have a family connection, so was able to get club level seats for $100 each.

Worrying that Gronk just doesn’t seem to be able to get heathly. Worry about his long term future as well as his Health. Looks like Sony should be back this week which would be a bonus. Hopefully he will improve in the passing game as the season goes on.
Well, back spasms (which are what he was reported as having when he missed the Bears game) can be a lingering *****. But I don't see it as a long-term future worry. Not like he injured bones/cartilage in his back.

Dion looked dynamic against Dallas. We can still beat them.

What are they smoking??? It’s James White by a landslide. Love what CP brings to the team, but I like that White guy much better :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST