PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Pittsburgh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
no van noy today...

that means a lot of elandon roberts!

Between us missing Branch & KVN and getting a trigger happy ref crew.. get ready to avoid the live thread. It will get insane..

I wish I could filter out 1 word posts just so I can get through them quicker.

With Corrente's crew I see 2 Gronkowski OPI, 1 illegal pick each for amendola and hogan nullifying about 100 yards of total offense and a td:mad:
You forgot that Gronk and our receivers will be outright held all game and we will get maybe 1 call out of it.

Will Ricky have Big Ben's number today, he was cut but now he's back to reek havoc and get back to another SB.

Deep Threat on Twitter

“Strong indications this is gonna be a heavy run day for the #Patriots O against the #Steelers. New WR Britt doesn’t need to learn all the route concepts, just be the big WR he is & block the hell out of Pitt’s DBs. Good idea to shorten game vs Pitt O w/ NE D so banged up.”

Deep Threat on Twitter

“Strong indications this is gonna be a heavy run day for the #Patriots O against the #Steelers. New WR Britt doesn’t need to learn all the route concepts, just be the big WR he is & block the hell out of Pitt’s DBs. Good idea to shorten game vs Pitt O w/ NE D so banged up.”

after watching the ravens running back have a day against the steelers, i thought this would be the patriots plan all along. Lewis/burkhead should feast.

that also leaves open the play-action game. The most puzzling thing about the dolphins game to me was the fact that the patriots abandoned the run and became predictable with brady passing every down. that is not a recipe for success.

The original TB12 on Fox just stated Ben is better than Brady and Steelers blow out the Pats.

Deep Threat on Twitter

I think they are going to have to chew up lots of time on O to win this game today. No Branch, no KVN probably has Bell salivating. The Pats are going to have to try and use the anti-Patriots approach for this game: keep the ball out of the hands of the Steeler offence to limit their opportunities to score. Going to be a tough game for the Pats today, I don't think they can make any mistakes and win this game.

With Shazier out and the lack of depth at WR I expect Brady to target the backs against Pitts ILB’s.

Pats are thin at WR and LB and not generating much pass rush esp now with Branch also out.. Not an ideal situation. But not a make or break for them as much as it is for the steelers frankly. A healthy pats team in the playoffs will play vastly differently vs the steelers. Today we are just a little short staffed so I wouldnt be surprised if we struggle. The pitchforks will be out after the game but what is new about that.

Eric Lee ggoing thru tests, game time decision per Howe or kyed...if he can't go do they have enough players on front 7? This is getting ridiculous if it wasn't already

I am in Malta right now, could someone please PM me with a link to watch the game online?

I think they are going to have to chew up lots of time on O to win this game today. No Branch, no KVN probably has Bell salivating. The Pats are going to have to try and use the anti-Patriots approach for this game: keep the ball out of the hands of the Steeler offence to limit their opportunities to score. Going to be a tough game for the Pats today, I don't think they can make any mistakes and win this game.
Please explain how Pitt stops NE from scoring under 40 points.

They cant bring pressure up the middle

They can't cover Gronk

Their secondary plays zone

Their best defensive player is out

A couple of weeks ago folks were saying the same thing about this game. As the season goes on, teams tend to get less healthy not more. Important game today.

Please explain how Pitt stops NE from scoring under 40 points.

They cant bring pressure up the middle

They can't cover Gronk

Their secondary plays zone

Their best defensive player is out

that doesnt fit the doom and gloom narrative

Per laconfora BOTH haden and jujubee play today...

Going to lock this thread as the official game day thread is now active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes