PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am pulling for the Jaguars for a couple reasons:

1. If an AFC Title game came down to playing in Jacksonville, I don’t think I would be too afraid of the environment with a full arsenal on offense & Flowers back on D.
You are falling in the same trap as the 2015 Patriots did. They sacrificed winning their last two games to help preserve anyone else from getting injured. Jacksonville is a terrible matchup for the Pats, especially in Jacksonville. Pats need to avoid them in the playoffs.

Kelce is better than Gronk.

Hate to admit that but it is the truth. Kelce is faster. Defense needs to make him ineffective. Hill is the next problem. Fast and can play multiple roles.Many weapons to cover and then you have the mobility of Mahomes.

I dont like this match at all. Bend dont break, but KC will get in the redzone and can score via run game no problem whatsoever.

KC is not playing in KC against the Pats. The Jags played like garbage today in KC, with an awful game from Bortles. 5-0 is an accomplishment, but others have started as strong and flopped around mid-season. All it takes is that first loss.

KC's defense has been bad. Its offense has been good, but it is not some unstoppable juggernaut. In a shootout, I would take Brady every day of the week. If the Pats D shows up to play, then it could be a good week for the Pats.

Keep Mahomes in the pocket. Stay in our lanes and make them earn it. I think our D has as good a shot as any vs them and if not TB can still win a shoot out.

KC is not playing in KC against the Pats. The Jags played like garbage today in KC, with an awful game from Bortles. 5-0 is an accomplishment, but others have started as strong and flopped around mid-season. All it takes is that first loss.

KC's defense has been bad. Its offense has been good, but it is not some unstoppable juggernaut. In a shootout, I would take Brady every day of the week. If the Pats D shows up to play, then it could be a good week for the Pats.

KC defense prior to today 1st in the NFL on 3rd down stops. They keep coming up with big plays and believe that they can beat anybody and they are doing it.

They stomped Jacksonville today. Bortles looked like Johnny Unitas vs the NE defense.

Bortles looked like Johnny Unitas vs the NE defense.

Well, today, under no pressure to speak of, he was clanging the football off the helmet of his O-linemen. He had an out-of-body experience vs. NE.

For once i dont want to see KC WRs running behind the secondary wide open like last yrs opening game.

It is Sunday night. Damn... I hate night games

Being on the west coast 10am games is amazing and I get spoiled by being able to watch the game and it only be 1pm or so when it's over. Anything else feels like an 'interrupt your Sunday' game now.

Reading the Chiefs board some of them are already making excuses for why they're about to lose. One or two level headed fans, and then the rest with all the bravado.

KC defense prior to today 1st in the NFL on 3rd down stops. They keep coming up with big plays and believe that they can beat anybody and they are doing it.

They stomped Jacksonville today. Bortles looked like Johnny Unitas vs the NE defense.

Stomped him in KC. The Pats faced the Jags away in 100 degree heat on the field (not a hyperbole) As stated, this game ain't on the home field for KC last time I looked at the schedule.

And stopping a team on third down means little when you cannot stop that team on other downs and elect to give up points then, which makes your statistic a little odd. They are the 12th worst on points surrendered. Giving up points is kind of a big deal, and the primary metric for defenses. For example, giving up the lowest yards on defense against the passing offenses means little when the same defense gets ripped to shreds against the run so teams need not bother to pass.

But feel free to stop by and profess your surprise after the game if the Pats win and prove that point. FYI, they are winning because the offense has been good enough to offset the crap defense. If that D has attitude, then it isn't showing on the field in shutting down offenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes