PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Biggest game of the day for the Patriots is the Jags - Chiefs game in Kansas City. It is the top scoring offense against the stingiest defense, so something's gotta give.

There's enough tape on Mahomes now that Tom Coughlin and the Jags brain trust should have some wrinkles he hasn't seen. Also, WRs Sammy Watkins and Chris Conley are nursing injuries.

Chiefs vs. Jaguars: Injury Report

It's a bonus for the Patriots to have the weekend to watch this one and do some planning for next Sunday night in what will be a good measuring stick of where the Patriots are right now.

I think I am pulling for the Jaguars for a couple reasons:

1. If an AFC Title game came down to playing in Jacksonville, I don’t think I would be too afraid of the environment with a full arsenal on offense & Flowers back on D. @ JAX & @KC are worlds apart in homefield advantage.

2. As defense continues to crumble across the NFL, it would be nice to see as a fan of the game for the last remaining elite defense to shut the Chiefs down.

Should be a great game & another big test for Bortles.

I predict the Chiefs lose today..and their spiral into reality ensues.

1. I hope this goes to OT.
2. I hope Jax runs for 200 yards and depletes the KC line for next week.
3. The Jags are @Dallas next week. That's a tough back to back but being a non-conference game I'd almost rather they lose this one.
4. Go Browns and Falcons. (Ratbirds and Squeelers opponents)

Jags picked him off twice. If Bortles didn’t completely **** the bed, the Jags could have had that game. Brady will not make those mistakes.

I wouldn’t be shocked if the Chiefs DL Chris Jones gets at least a one game suspension for his post play cheap shot punch that got him ejected today.

I think we have the potential that can come together to be the sort of team that will take out KC in the postseason, but I don't know if we're there yet.

We'll need to play the most complete game of the year so far to beat these guys, they do a lot of things well on offense that we struggle with on D.

I'm betting on us no matter the line, but I'm emotionally preparing for a typical regular season game vs KC for us.

No , but the implicit assumption that the Pats D will grab 2 picks might be questioned.

Pats D has had at least 1 INT in every game this season. Only other teams to do that are lolphins and the Bears and the Bears have only played 4 games because they are on their bye week

This will be a harbinger game.

Did I mention kc sucks?

Looking forward to it. If we play like we did last two week, I think we got this.
W
Still, I wonder what will the coaching staff do regarding the trips formation... Reid likes to use it, IIRC and they have some really fast guys over there. I hope we can limit those damn crosses to minimal damage...

Our offense is a juggernaut in the making, and I'm not even kidding. Between Edelman, Gronk, Gordon, Vareen (EDIT WTF Im not in 2014! I meant White), there will be ALWAYS someone in advantage by some margin. I can't see how one good defense will answer for all those guys, so i can't begin to think the Chiefs DC is thinking. Also i think Michel's addition is being underrated. He brings another dimension to this team. And I'm not counting everyone else, some who would be decents #2 and #3s for every NFL team

It's all about which defense shows up

Last edited:
Looking forward to it. If we play like we did last two week, I think we got this.
W
Still, I wonder what will the coaching staff do regarding the trips formation... Reid likes to use it, IIRC and they have some really fast guys over there. I hope we can limit those damn crosses to minimal damage...

Our offense is a juggernaut in the making, and I'm not even kidding. Between Edelman, Gronk, Gordon, Vareen, there will be ALWAYS someone in advantage by some margin. I can't see how one good defense will answer for all those guys, so i can't begin to think the Chiefs DC is thinking. Also i think Michel's addition is being underrated. He brings another dimension to this team. And I'm not counting everyone else, some who would be decents #2 and #3s for every NFL team

It's all about which defense shows up
Vereen??? :confused:o_O

Looking forward to this game. I love the lead up to it. We got our butts handed to us by the Jags, and the Chiefs just handled them. The ****y Pats fan in me is getting excited for the beatdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back