PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to know if you will bother to watch the game given your prediction?

Of course. I just was reacting to them putting up 30 points on the Jax D.

Gronk goes off tired of people saying Kelce surpassed him.

Patriots bring exotic coverage pressure packages to rattle Mahommes I predict if the Patriots go up by 2 tds then we switch to a vanilla defense to save the playoffs for the Frog stomp packages.

Impossible to defend. I have No idea how they hold them under 40 points.
And yet the Chiefs have scored 40+ only once.

This isn’t an easy game, but I think it will be a good one. 38-35, one way or the other.

Keys for us winning.

JJones on Hill - he’s the best corner match up for us against Tyreek.
Stop their run game - Don’t let hunt run all over us. Make them throw every single time.
Keep Pat Mahomes in the pocket- controlled but aggressive.

Run the ball - keep the ball away from there offensive and control time of possession.
Don’t turn the ball over - don’t give them more chances to score on us than they have already.

Gordon, Gronk, Jules, Hogan, White - will be huge in the passing game. I like the match ups we have against all of these guys. (Unsure if Berry is back)

Brady - Give TB12 time in the pocket and he will pick this Defence apart.

#LFG

Stomped him in KC. The Pats faced the Jags away in 100 degree heat on the field (not a hyperbole) As stated, this game ain't on the home field for KC last time I looked at the schedule.

And stopping a team on third down means little when you cannot stop that team on other downs and elect to give up points then, which makes your statistic a little odd. They are the 12th worst on points surrendered. Giving up points is kind of a big deal, and the primary metric for defenses. For example, giving up the lowest yards on defense against the passing offenses means little when the same defense gets ripped to shreds against the run so teams need not bother to pass.

But feel free to stop by and profess your surprise after the game if the Pats win and prove that point. FYI, they are winning because the offense has been good enough to offset the crap defense. If that D has attitude, then it isn't showing on the field in shutting down offenses.

Keys for us winning.

JJones on Hill - he’s the best corner match up for us against Tyreek.
Stop their run game - Don’t let hunt run all over us. Make them throw every single time.
Keep Pat Mahomes in the pocket- controlled but aggressive.

Run the ball - keep the ball away from there offensive and control time of possession.
Don’t turn the ball over - don’t give them more chances to score on us than they have already.

Gordon, Gronk, Jules, Hogan, White - will be huge in the passing game. I like the match ups we have against all of these guys. (Unsure if Berry is back)

Brady - Give TB12 time in the pocket and he will pick this Defence apart.

#LFG

I like this. Play the Chiefs the way people used to play the Pats. The Pats need to limit the big plays and control the TOP. Long drives that result in TD's. Should be an interesting game. I think having the time off before this game should be useful in getting people healthy.

I like this. Play the Chiefs the way people used to play the Pats. The Pats need to limit the big plays and control the TOP. Long drives that result in TD's. Should be an interesting game. I think having the time off before this game should be useful in getting people healthy.

If we can have the ball more times and control the game we will win comfortably in my opinion. Brady will tear the Chiefs Defence apart.

The key to the game I personally feel is us keeping the ball away from Mahomes for as long as possible. I’m expecting 20-35 carries this game for Sony and White. Lots of screens etc. Taking 6-8 mins per drive and just slowly going down and giving them the least amount of time to make an impact. I think we match up better than we think.

I want to see JJones on Tyreek Hill.
Gilmore or Jmac on Watkins
DMac/Chung on Kelce

Kareem Hunt - if we can limit him I feel we have a real real good chance of winning this game.

JMcD has got to be patient on O, take what is available in 4-10 yd bites all day, keep the ball out of KC O's hands. He must stay aware that his O is the Pats' best defense.

Yesterday Blake Bortles was the same average QB we have seen in the past, unfortunately when he played us he did his best good day Favre impression..

Watched the game yesterday, while there were no obvious weaknesses for the Chiefs, pretty confident that BB and his crew have been watching different film and developing a very game specific game plan for Sunday nite..

I am worried, OTOH am worried anytime the Pats take the field.. Mahones looks a little too confident for a 2nd year player.. stay tuned.

Yesterday Blake Bortles was the same average QB we have seen in the past, unfortunately when he played us he did his best good day Favre impression..

Watched the game yesterday, while there were no obvious weaknesses for the Chiefs, pretty confident that BB and his crew have been watching different film and developing a very game specific game plan for Sunday nite..

I am worried, OTOH am worried anytime the Pats take the field.. Mahones looks a little too confident for a 2nd year player.. stay tuned.

I thought that Bortles was extremely accurate - when he wsn't under pressure. The KC defense did a great job of containing Bortles while pressuring him into throwing before the receiver was in position. That also left KC little vulnerable to the run.

At least two of the Jags TOs that helped KC score were gifts.

If the Pats defense plays a solid game, this is most definitely winnable for them.

I didn’t watch the game....but 5 turnovers by the jags? How many of those were jags mistakes vs chief takeaways?

I thought that Bortles was extremely accurate - when he wsn't under pressure. The KC defense did a great job of containing Bortles while pressuring him into throwing before the receiver was in position. That also left KC little vulnerable to the run.

At least two of the Jags TOs that helped KC score were gifts.

If the Pats defense plays a solid game, this is most definitely winnable for them.

Just wanna add that the only ball that Bortles seem to be able to throw at really great level is the deep one. Sometimes he also hits those that are somewhere between deep and intermediate with similarly great touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes