PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is going to do that. This has Dan Orlovsky game written all over it. Pats need to score at least 30.

It wasn’t just Orlovsky. Vince Young threw for almost 400 yards and I think Chad Henne actually did... and almost twice.

This defense is hopefully better than that one.

Bills starting QBs since Jim Kelly:
Todd Collins
Doug Flutie
Rob Johnson
Alex Van Pelt
Drew Bledsoe
JP Losman
Trent Edwards
Brian Brohm
Kelly Holcomb
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Thad Lewis
EJ Manuel
Jeff Tuel
Matt Cassel
Kyle Orton
Tyrod Taylor
Nathan Peterman
Josh Allen
Derek Anderson

Other than Bledsoe and Flutie and maybe Fitzpatrick... ouch.

I didn’t even know the Bills traded McCarron. He’s a Raider now.

Is that the derek anderson who looked like an idiot in a press conference after getting called out for laughing on the sidelines while his team at the time (Arizona I believe) was getting blown out?

I'll be terrified every time Derek Anderson lines up under center. This is the Bills Super Bowl. First MNF game in a long time. This would be a good time for Cannon and Gronk to make the trip.

He is going to do that. This has Dan Orlovsky game written all over it. Pats need to score at least 30.

It does have that vibe to it. Probably means we'll win 38-10 since we expect the trap game this time.

The book on Anderson has been out for literally a decade.

Decent when it's "in game" , no time to think about it starting. The longer he has to think about it, prepare, the worse he is.

This should be a 38-45 Pats/14-20 Bills type game whether Gronk plays or not.

So Gronk is worth 31 points on offense and -18 points on defense, for a total of 49 points? Wow...that is impact right there.

Shady McCoy playing in this game might be a difference maker between a blowout and a closer game than we'd like.

He is a really bad QB, always late on his throws. He was RFA and looking at a $20m contract.

Insane to keep him.

They traded him for a 3rd which is much much better than I thought they'd do.

They would be no better with him, considering they lost their 2 top WRs and didn't replace them.

All that being said, they could have signed a decent QB to transition over to Allen, but they punted.

The coach is likely a very bad evaluator of QBs, but I have to say that I find Tyrod incredibly underwhelming. Rather have Hoyer.

Taylor is not a starting caliber NFL QB but there are worse QBs out there as a short term answer as a backup. He can run and extend plays.

Shady McCoy playing in this game might be a difference maker between a blowout and a closer game than we'd like.

I'm on the fence about the impact his presence would have. Obviously he's a great, versatile weapon who has the ability to damage our defense in many ways. On the other hand, I feel like in recent years, the Pats have done worse against "one player offense" teams missing that player because of the unpredictability. So many of our defensive gameplans are predicated on shutting down the offense's best player, so what do you prepare for when the player is out? See: Indy game this year.

This was a funny read lol!

59 Questions for the Person Who Threw a bildo Onto the Field During the Patriots-Bills Game

Apparently they threw a bildo on the field last season too. Forgot about that. I hope the Bills throw another one while a play is happening so the camera's on BSPN can't hide it. Would be perfect lol!

Question about the IR-DtR rules: Now that Dawson is practicing, he counts as one of our two designated to return slots, right? Even if he never makes it back to the field (ala Shea McClellin), that's one slot gone?
Correct.

Time will tell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes