PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're going to have to play an 0-5 team next week...oh god

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is really not my point. Of all the teams to play...why would anyone complain about playing a winless team? Isn't that better than playing a team that is winning games? I mean...come on.

They have nothing to lose what so ever so they are going to come out at 100%. Some teams come out flat that are 4-0. Just look at Denver in the first half.

They have nothing to lose right now AT HOME...Indy is already killing them. Have a little faith in your home team.

They have nothing to lose what so ever so they are going to come out at 100%. Some teams come out flat that are 4-0. Just look at Denver in the first half.

Ok, well I'm certainly not going to argue with you over this. I understand your point. However I'm still happy that we are playing a potentially winless team next week over a team that is winning games :)

Last edited:

Are you saying win less teams put in more effort than undefeated teams?

That just doesn't make sense.

I'm thrilled we're playing the Titans next week. Would you rather have the Giants? Since you know, they may come out flat?

This makes even less sense than saying "they have nothing to gain so they're going to give a half-hearted effort". They're 0-4 because they suck, not because they haven't been trying until this point.

this is where we see what this team is made of if they cant beat the Titans and the yuks

and beat them big time by at lest 10 points then i cant see how they will be a playoff team

this is where we see what this team is made of if they cant beat the Titans and the yuks and beat them big time by at lest 10 points then i cant see how they will be a playoff team
That pretty much sums it up - these are two EASY wins coming up if we're a playoff caliber team.

That pretty much sums it up - these are two EASY wins coming up if we're a playoff caliber team.

I agree. I think we're past the point where we can chalk up a loss to a bad team as a "fluke". This isn't Miami at the end of the 2004 season.

I agree. I think we're past the point where we can chalk up a loss to a bad team as a "fluke". This isn't Miami at the end of the 2004 season.
And forget losses, if these are last second FG wins we're in trouble. They should be double digit wins and our QB needs to stop missing a wide open Moss by 10 yards. They need to look like a playoff team or the Saints and Colts are going to EMBARRASS them.

And forget losses, if these are last second FG wins we're in trouble. They should be double digit wins and our QB needs to stop missing a wide open Moss by 10 yards. They need to look like a playoff team or the Saints and Colts are going to EMBARRASS them.

To be fair, they did have alot of "just enough" wins (and few blow outs) in the SB years. Although I think we'd all feel better with a couple of thrashings.

Oh God, Some of the threads on here are simply ridiculous. Third one star from me this morning already.

Playing an 0-5 team is bad:eek:

Oh God, Some of the threads on here are simply ridiculous. Third one star from me this morning already.

Playing an 0-5 team is bad:eek:

An 0-5 team is clearly the worst to play.

A 3-2 team is the next worst to play.

Then 2-3, 1-4, 5-0. If you can find a 4-1 team to play, you're golden.

An 0-5 team is clearly the worst to play.

A 3-2 team is the next worst to play.

Then 2-3, 1-4, 5-0. If you can find a 4-1 team to play, you're golden.

Agreed that a 0 - 5 team is dangerous to play. They almost have to win and will do practically anything to get it.

disney-chicken-little-sky-falling.jpg

:agree:
Love it! Doesn't it always feel this way after a L?

It could work both ways.

Some say an 0-5 team will be hungry for their first win.

Others say if Titans won last night they might have been a bit rejuvenated going into next week, while a loss would keep their hopes down.

In reality there's almost no way to tell if it's good or bad or neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST