Asking for your support

Are the Pats cheap?

• Yes

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • It's the Krafts fault.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Ridiculous, the Pats are good at playing the NFL cap game.

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Ray Lewis got away with murder.

Votes: 30 42.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not a big deal to me. Dion is so ambitious player and he has been feeling resentful he is not in Pats uniform anymore. He seems to be in good relations with players but feels anger with the organisation. I really understand him and his tweeter reaction.

I had Chubb as my preference over Sony as well.

Somebody in the Patriots Scouting Department is asleep at the wheel.:rolleyes: Just hitting on a player here and there equals to a decent/successful Draft. When was the last time we had one??:confused: It's been so long *sighs*.

They aren't cheap, but they won't overpay, and except for Tom Brady (who has historically taken under-market deals in exchange for incentives off the field), they almost never display any kind of loyalty to any particular player. It works well as a business model, but feelings understandably get hurt sometimes.

They aren't cheap, but they won't overpay, and except for Tom Brady (who has historically taken under-market deals in exchange for incentives off the field), they almost never display any kind of loyalty to any particular player. It works well as a business model, but feelings understandably get hurt sometimes.

And comparable players/talent are not on roster to replenish what was lost. They Need to mix it up a bit and move away from that philosophy slowly. Brady who covers up a lot of deficiencies can't play forever I give him one maybe Two years Tops.

That's fine. Time will tell.
I just think Dion is the best runner we've seen in a Pats uniform since Dillon. It is early but I haven't seen anything from Michel that screams star potential.

I think Michel will be good but not great.

I think Dion and ray are related

I just think Dion is the best runner we've seen in a Pats uniform since Dillon. It is early but I haven't seen anything from Michel that screams star potential.

I think Michel will be good but not great.
So Sony's 3 straight 100 yd games which is Dion's career total doesn't show star potential?

Last edited:
Lewis was a nice role player in the running back rotation who left the Patriots and saw his efficiency crater. He was invisible in the 2 Super Bowls he played in. He barely even mattered in his big "revenge" game.

I can see Chandler Jones going LOLWUT after the Pats moved on when he had 12.5 sacks at age 25 in 2015 (and went on to have 36.5 sacks in 3 seasons in Arizona), but Lewis?

I would take Sony's teammate Chubb who's balling with the Browns.

I hope Michel/Chubb doesn't end up like Cunningham/Dunlap, where we didn't take the more heralded/more productive prospect even though we had the chance.

I hope Michel/Chubb doesn't end up like Cunningham/Dunlap, where we didn't take the more heralded/more productive prospect even though we had the chance.
I'm amazed at this grass-is-greener-on-the-other-side crap. Where were these comments prior to the Chicago game where Michel got spun and injured down low? Numbers through 6 weeks:

Michel: 91 rushes, 400 yards (4.4 per rush), 4 TDs
Chubb: 16 rushes, 173 yards (10.8 per rush), 2 TDs

281 of Chubb's 579 rushing yards have come in two games. And 196 of those 579 yards came on three rushes. Opposing that are 33 runs for 1 yard or less, which make up 35% of his runs. Are these long TD runs impressive? Of course they are. But currently there is nothing out there with Chubb that warrants these kind of panicky posts, suggesting that the Patriots made a serious mistake choosing Michel. Both are good young backs with potential. The Dunlap/Cunningham comparison is laughable. Dunlap was the clear choice over Cunningham even prior to the draft, a gap that only became bigger over time. That was and is not the case with Chubb/Michel.

The choice is between Lewis and Sony. You cannot have both.

IMHO Sony looks like he'll be a good one. Obviously we'll see but I like what I've seen so far. And the significantly lower cost matters (who do we have that we wouldn't have if not for the cost savings). But those things aside, from a right here-right now 2017 v 2018 Patriots feature back perspective, there's no contest. What Dion did for us the last couple years, when healthy, is currently unmatched.

As far as only looking at this year, which doesn't precisely apply due to Dion playing on a different team, Dion is more productive than Sony when factoring in reception production. Overall it's not too imbalanced when factoring in Sony's better run production. James White's production certainly bests Dion's for 2018.

Titans getting blown out by the colts.

Would like it very much if some patriot player tweets

“that’s what happens when you spend far too much on a JAG running back”

Titans getting blown out by the colts.

Would like it very much if some patriot player tweets

“that’s what happens when you spend far too much on a JAG running back”

Just looked up the stats against the Colts:

10 carries for 24 yards = 2.4 yards per carry. Yikes.

I thought it was interesting to hear Devin McCourty's response this week to Tom Curran's question about Dion's comments after the Titans beat the Pats.

First, he said that he wasn't that surprised, leading me to believe that he knew that Lewis might react the way he did.
Second, he said that if you don't want to hear players make those type of comments then you have to play better against them.

Bump. I wonder how the ass kicking Dion is feeling about this right about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News