Asking for your support

Are the Pats cheap?

• Yes

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • It's the Krafts fault.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Ridiculous, the Pats are good at playing the NFL cap game.

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Ray Lewis got away with murder.

Votes: 30 42.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that Dion has flapped his gums I'm altering my wish list for the Playoffs.

If the Pats struggle a bit down the stretch but still win the AFCE then I hope that the Titans finish with a better record but lose out to the Texans for the AFCS, while Cincy and SD get the last two WC spots.

I would love to see Dion's reaction if he had to stay home while the team he hates makes the playoffs with a worse record and a blowout loss to his team.

I think I'd enjoy that.

Now that Dion has flapped his gums I'm altering my wish list for the Playoffs.

If the Pats struggle a bit down the stretch but still win the AFCE then I hope that the Titans finish with a better record but lose out to the Texans for the AFCS, while Cincy and SD get the last two WC spots.

I would love to see Dion's reaction if he had to stay home while the team he hates makes the playoffs with a worse record and a blowout loss to his team.

I think I'd enjoy that.

I'd enjoy a rematch with TN in Foxboro a little more. SD seems a shoo-in for one WC

Why do any of us care about what he said?
Because it chintzy and cheap and personal. His words are insulting to the very core of an athlete's and a person's worth as a human. Ungrateful scuzzbag low -life. He'll get his.

Over the past 8 years since he was drafted, the man has still not yet accumulated 3,000 all purpose yards. He really has had one good season in his career (last year). I just don't see him as a player who should be flapping his gums.

Why do any of us care about what he said?

I think a lot of people still liked Dion and were rooting for him... I give a pass on his comment about the Pats being cheap, it looks petty but understandable when you get a win against a team who’s front office was ok moving on from you

All of that is totally understandable behavior

Where he crossed the line and really pissed a lot of people off was by calling out his former teammates, guys he battled with for years and helped him put a ring on his finger... calling them soft and that he knew they would fold.. who the **** does that? His teammates had nothing to do with his contract situation

And calling them soft after all the injuries he’s had in his career is BS too... dion was so soft, he was UNEMPLOYED until the Pats gave him a chance. He became productive in this prolific offense with that chance and turned it into a $20 million dollar contract to help his family.

Lots of people were still fans of his and happy that he got his deal finally, but now he’s revealing himself to be a petty piece of **** and has burned bridges here in New England by spouting off after a regular season win

Thought you were cool Dion, but apparently not... enjoy your remaining 4 years of medicrocity down in Nashville... you won’t be sniffing another Lombardi, you little ****

Don’t ever come back to NE either.. you had free drinks here for life, now you’d be lucky not to get a beer dumped on your peanut sized head

Sucks when you start to dislike a player once they open their mouths.

Fk off Dion. You're now Kevin Hart to me.

I'd enjoy a rematch with TN in Foxboro a little more. SD seems a shoo-in for one WC

I'm going with whatever would bother Lewis the most, which I think would be them getting knocked out of the playoffs.

Mixed feelings here. I absolutely think they should have paid Lewis. In this offense he is a beast and we could have used him.

He has every right to talk a little smack. But I think he went slightly overboard with the "get tough and they'll fold". That's a slight against the guys who played with him for a few years. Hopefully they take it personally and show it on the field.

Would love a revenge game against Tenn in the playoffs.

He has every right to talk a little smack. But I think he went slightly overboard with the "get tough and they'll fold". That's a slight against the guys who played with him for a few years. Hopefully they take it personally and show it on the field.

It surely must register to him that a team lacking in the cojones department would have never made the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history. So I think I can safely chalk this up to "he's hurt, so he's saying these bizarre things".

I honestly want to see what he thinks about this situation months from now. The Pats have a history of parting ways with key players after all...

There was never a need to pay Lewis. There is nothing that he can do that James White and Sonny can't.

I will say without a doubt White is a better receiver and Lewis is decent in that area. Lewis is a Better Runner than both White and Sony between the Tackles.

I think a lot of people still liked Dion and were rooting for him... I give a pass on his comment about the Pats being cheap, it looks petty but understandable when you get a win against a team who’s front office was ok moving on from you

All of that is totally understandable behavior

Where he crossed the line and really pissed a lot of people off was by calling out his former teammates, guys he battled with for years and helped him put a ring on his finger... calling them soft and that he knew they would fold.. who the **** does that? His teammates had nothing to do with his contract situation

And calling them soft after all the injuries he’s had in his career is BS too... dion was so soft, he was UNEMPLOYED until the Pats gave him a chance. He became productive in this prolific offense with that chance and turned it into a $20 million dollar contract to help his family.

Lots of people were still fans of his and happy that he got his deal finally, but now he’s revealing himself to be a petty piece of **** and has burned bridges here in New England by spouting off after a regular season win

Thought you were cool Dion, but apparently not... enjoy your remaining 4 years of medicrocity down in Nashville... you won’t be sniffing another Lombardi, you little ****

Don’t ever come back to NE either.. you had free drinks here for life, now you’d be lucky not to get a beer dumped on your peanut sized head

You're right Mayo. The cheap comment was 'whatever' but the knock on his former teammates was a bit low. However, this was said fairly soon after the heat of battle where sometimes words are spoken without much thinking. I'm also guessing Dion is probably the kind of guy who lets his emotions often do the speaking. And that is what i chalk this up to.
Obviously he took BB's lack of matching the Titans' offer a slap in the face and that bitterness stuck with him. I definitely don't get the logic of the bitterness. The Patriots showed faith in him (even after his injury only several games in) that allowed him a chance to show the league his talents(arguably good chance he fades into NFL obscurity without this faith). That was his springboard to his first solid contract. But none of us have walked in his shoes and don't know what he had to go through to get where he is now. Couple that with probably being the type of person who speaks through his emotions and you can end up with words that were at best, ummm, inappropriate.

His brief run with the Patriots were good times. For me I just leave it at that. Whatever he does and says now is like the proverbial tree falling in the forest (to me it is similar to the "ohhhh yay Jimmy!" last year, as his success diluted the Patriots' draft pick. Jimmy was gone but the draft pick was still very much a member of the Patriots. Jimmy's success was something to cheer as we moved from top of the round to a distant middle?)

Don’t worry, if he keeps running his gums, ray will get him too

One of my pet peeves is when people actually say “welp”. It’s one sure way to let people know you’re a dope.:p

As far as Dion, he was replaceable.

I will say without a doubt White is a better receiver and Lewis is decent in that area. Lewis is a Better Runner than both White and Sony between the Tackles.
Lewis is not a better between the tackles runner than Sony.

Mixed feelings here. I absolutely think they should have paid Lewis. In this offense he is a beast and we could have used him.

Would love a revenge game against Tenn in the playoffs.
The choice is between Lewis and Sony. You cannot have both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down