Asking for your support

Are the Pats cheap?

• Yes

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • It's the Krafts fault.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Ridiculous, the Pats are good at playing the NFL cap game.

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Ray Lewis got away with murder.

Votes: 30 42.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, they did **** up by not re-signing him for what he got. He really isn't making that much for an actual offensive weapon (unlike Burkhead who we decided was worth 3M/year).

If Hill doesn't get Develin-ed we aren't in this situation. White, Hill, Burkhead, Michel had made our RB stable a strength, we just got hit with a lot of injuries. And we were playing without a top 10 player in the league (at one point anyways) in Gronk, dealing with tons of problems on the OL, etc.

Making this game all because we didn't match Dions offer is the sort of specious reasoning I'd expect from the GDT not a player who was bagging groceries before the Pats signed him and gave him an extension.

'Going cheap' is what got Dion his shot here in the first place. He has 'going cheap' to thank for his career, basically.

Thanks Dion for your service when you were here, I appreciate it and still love ya, even if Pats did go cheap, and have your blue light replacement on the roster with White , even if you were here, it would have not made a difference , it takes 53 to win a game, That pats played pathetically and you won your Early November superbowl, Enjoy it , This aint baseball and there is a salary cap, and In Belichick we trust, its been a successful run, Enjoy your money, while enjoy the once in millennial run. I know history will remember those with the rings and not the players bank accounts Act like you been there before, because you had .

If Hill doesn't get Develin-ed we aren't in this situation. White, Hill, Burkhead, Michel had made our RB stable a strength, we just got hit with a lot of injuries. And we were playing without a top 10 player in the league (at one point anyways) in Gronk, dealing with tons of problems on the OL, etc.

Making this game all because we didn't match Dions offer is the sort of specious reasoning I'd expect from the GDT not a player who was bagging groceries before the Pats signed him and gave him an extension.

Dion's attitude has been surprisingly poor throughout his tenure with the Titans, I'll admit that.

Meh. Sour grapes and all that. The guy is an undersized player in a game that favors freakishly gigantic men. All his life I’m sure he has been told he’s too small, too brittle etc. Putting that “it’s me against the world” chip on his shoulder and carrying it around for years is probably the reason why he has persevered for so long. Gotta expect this type of attitude from a guy like that.

I don’t like it, but I understand it.

What an idiot, wasn’t he out of football when Patriots signed him? No respect for the people who got him a big contract.

His comment is particularly stupid because frugal cap management is what has separated the Patriots, Steelers and Packers from the rest and allowed them to remain competitive consistently over the last 2 decades.

Its sad really. None of those Titans players are missed, except in spirit. Dions being a baby. Michel and White are putting up everything and more than he ever did. Those dudes arent cheap talent.

That’s a shame.

Can’t blame him in the least....He was a HUGE part of our offense for several seasons and is obviously a devestating player to stop....and BB kicked him to the curb....always liked Dion and can’t argue that he’s chafed that BB let him go

They paid Burkhead, Develin, and spent a 1st round pick (probably the most valuable asset in football) on a running back, and Lewis is better than all three, at least to this point. He's not wrong to feel slighted, and the contract he received is hardly an unreasonable one for a player of his caliber who averaged 5 yards per carry last season.

Sometimes they don't pay guys and they probably should have. Usually they don't pay guys and it turns out to be the right decision. I think Lewis is the former. That's fine. He got the better of us today, so he earned his right to gloat.

Sorry, no comment, not necessary.

The tweet responding to that tweet is spot on. If it wasn't for the Patriots, he wouldn't even have a career.

I should say I still love Dion though. But he needs to think that one thru. But I get it, you want to get paid.

To be fair, they did **** up by not re-signing him for what he got. He really isn't making that much for an actual offensive weapon (unlike Burkhead who we decided was worth 3M/year).

That I hope they move on from Rex.

Wow, thats pretty crappy, especially towards the coach/team who resurrected his career. Screw you Dion, hope you never see the playoffs again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back