PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome To The Pats N'Keal Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone said it before, but I also see this as a Keenan Allen type pickup. Slow 40 time, but experienced and smart receiver. Allen's 4.71 40 time doesn't seem to be hurting him in the pros.

I don't know that they need another WR (Ellington and Harris are here, and one of them could certainly make the team), but I'm definitely hoping they take one and carry more WRs than usual.

Gordon
Thomas
Edelman
Harry
Dorsett
Draftee #2
Ellington
Harris

is a great group for camp. It covers for injury and suspension, and gives you players who might be in-season returnees who could make roster creation and manipulation easier. And it would be one hell of a turnaround from what the team had after the season ended and free agency began.
I agree, but still many question marks. Recall:

Kenny Britt
Jordan Matthews
Eric Decker
Braxton Berrios
Riley McCarron
Devin Lucien
Malcolm Mitchell
Cody Hollister
KJ Maye
Corey Coleman

I expect additions later in the draft and in free agency.

I agree, but still many question marks. Recall:

Kenny Britt
Jordan Matthews
Eric Decker
Braxton Berrios
Riley McCarron
Devin Lucien
Malcolm Mitchell
Cody Hollister
KJ Maye
Corey Coleman

I expect additions later in the draft and in free agency.

Britt and Matthews weren't really questions. They were injuries, and you can only take so many of those into account. I get your basic logic, though.

And I'm still all in on Isabella.

He's my favorite, but you'll find plenty of partisans for half a dozen different speed receivers. This is a great year to be looking for one around round 3.

While I have some reservations about Hardman, I keep coming back to his punt return ability as perhaps his tie-breaker over the other, similar options.

I am so failing on this score. It's date night with Mr. Patchick, for whom the draft is no more appealing than any other shopping expedition. ("Hey, let's spend Friday night picking out curtains! Or defensive linemen!")
My wife and I had our anniversary on Wednesday, which we had originally intended to celebrate by going out to a nice dinner. Unfortunately circumstances changed and we had to attend a wake that night instead (brother-in-law's father, expected but not so soon), so I told her we can reschedule for this weekend.
Her: "Why not Thursday?"
Me: "You know it's the 1st round of the draft, right? Remember how you tell me to not ask you to do anything during the triple crown horse races? This is my triple crown weekend."
Her: "I remember. That means nothing Friday too, right? Then we can go out Saturday night instead."
Me: "Well, you know the 7th round often times doesn't end until after 6:00"
Her: "Really, you're watching the 7th round???? :mad::mad::mad::mad:"

It looks like I'll be checking the 7th round on my phone.....

Many of you will think this is stupid, but that's not going to prevent me from nicknaming our new wideout Evel Nkealvel.

And this WR class is rich in roadrunners to complement them. Hardman, McLaurin, Isabella, etc.

I like McLaurin and Boykin for today and Jamal Custis for tomorrow in the 6/7th

You should tell her to be glad the draft isn't 30 rounds anymore.

Article from October, saying that Harry might not have been used to the based of his ability last season

N’Keal Harry’s Usage Is Holding Him Back | The Draft Network
I was & have been saying the same thing. People talked about Herm helping him w the NFL style but it didnt happen at all. Again ASU did him 0 favors. He was their best player so I just look at as they wanted to get him touches but it was more than obvious. That whole team looked undisciplined at times.

We haven't gone after (in terms of draft picks) or had many like him so he fills a big need & brings a lot of talent.

Just shattering backboards in highschool!

Harry will be 22 in December. One of the younger players in the draft. He might just be scratching the surface of his potential.

Many of you will think this is stupid, but that's not going to prevent me from nicknaming our new wideout Evel Nkealvel.

I was thinking N'Kealodeon myself.

I was & have been saying the same thing. People talked about Herm helping him w the NFL style but it didnt happen at all. Again ASU did him 0 favors. He was their best player so I just look at as they wanted to get him touches but it was more than obvious. That whole team looked undisciplined at times.

We haven't gone after (in terms of draft picks) or had many like him so he fills a big need & brings a lot of talent.

If they double dip, who are you looking for? Hardman, Isabella, Renfrow?

Please, the tongue cramps will be bad enough as it is :(;)

If they double dip, who are you looking for? Hardman, Isabella, Renfrow?
I'd like to have a balance. Maybe Deebo, Hall to go along w the 3 u mentioned.

Those would be my 5 give or take a name or 2 in the 2nd/3rd.

I like Hall more than most. Elite deep & really good in the rz. I think he has potential as a really good r/r.

Stanley Morgon is another one Im higher on.

My wife and I had our anniversary on Wednesday, which we had originally intended to celebrate by going out to a nice dinner. Unfortunately circumstances changed and we had to attend a wake that night instead (brother-in-law's father, expected but not so soon), so I told her we can reschedule for this weekend.
Her: "Why not Thursday?"
Me: "You know it's the 1st round of the draft, right? Remember how you tell me to not ask you to do anything during the triple crown horse races? This is my triple crown weekend."
Her: "I remember. That means nothing Friday too, right? Then we can go out Saturday night instead."

LOL.

Reminds me when I was dating my wife back in the early 90s when I sat in front of the couch with my college buddies and drank beer all day and watched the draft.

She was cool watching football with me but watching the draft all day was something she wanted no part of.

Fast forward to last night after the Bruins....... 28 years later..

Her- "Isn't this boring?"
Me- " Its better than freaking Fixer Uppers".
Her- "No, its not"
Me- "Property Virgins then?"

Article from October, saying that Harry might not have been used to the based of his ability last season

N’Keal Harry’s Usage Is Holding Him Back | The Draft Network

This is actually going to work in his favor when he comes to the NFL. He lined up in the slot around 25% of the time.

Now, imagine him as a "big slot" type of receiver. That's going to really mess up the type of corners that DC's like to line up at star. Traditionally the "star" cb responsible for covering the slot has the quickness to cover small shifty receivers, but lack the strength and size to handle big ones like Harry. Major headache right there. You're going to see Harry motion in and out of the slot.

Pete Prisco, CBS Sports
Grade: C+

I watched every one of his games and believe me it pains me to give this a 'C+,' but I just think there were better options. One thing when you look at the Patriots is they don't play fast outside, they needed to get faster. Maybe they expect Josh Gordon to come back at some point, but, for me I would have taken Parris Campbell or one of those guys, a faster, more athletic receiver. I don't love this pick

Oh what a shocker Pete PRICKo didnt like the pick

Pete Prisco, CBS Sports
Grade: C+

I watched every one of his games and believe me it pains me to give this a 'C+,' but I just think there were better options. One thing when you look at the Patriots is they don't play fast outside, they needed to get faster. Maybe they expect Josh Gordon to come back at some point, but, for me I would have taken Parris Campbell or one of those guys, a faster, more athletic receiver. I don't love this pick

Oh what a shocker Pete PRICKo didnt like the pick
Our of sheer curiosity, I looked at Pricko's overall grades for the NEP since 2013. Hes given them nothing lower than a B-.

I think hes tough but not totally unreasonable. No one really agrees with the NEP talent evals anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back