PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to the 53, Jakob Johnson! And remember...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Points are going to be a lot more difficult to score this week than they looked like they were going to be only 6 days ago...hope he doesn't get anybody killed.

doz3kiri28r5zuqqjtoj

Guess he’s going to be staying around a little longer than we thought.

Guess he’s going to be staying around a little longer than we thought.
I wonder if Devlin has any realistic shot at returning 8 weeks down the road?

LFG!!!

I am looking forward to seeing him on the field...I think he might be more of a receiving threat than Develin given what I think is his superior speed.

As a previous article/post pointed out, Develin's pass protection was tops. So I too am looking forward to JJ but given the OL is in flux, I'm most looking forward to him proving his ability to keep the most important player on the field upright(if called upon to do so). His ability to block for Sony is job 2. Then I'll be ecstatic to see him catch some passes :)

And slightly off topic but JHFC! can JM get Sony a reception or two please? Have I missed it or is it when Sony's on the field it's almost always a big flashing neon sign that says 'we are going to run on this play'!

Let’s see what’s what in November.
Of course. I was just referring to the nature of the injury itself. I think we all assume that one or both of Harry/Wynn will be able to return, but Devlin’s neck injury has the potential to shelf him for the season.

Of course. I was just referring to the nature of the injury itself. I think we all assume that one or both of Harry/Wynn will be able to return, but Devlin’s neck injury has the potential to shelf him for the season.

Very strong chance he is done for the year.

They could have kept him on the 53...

Given how little we know or are likely to know about his injury or recovery time, I am skeptical that we can answer that. Heck it sounds like Bill is uncertain about him as well.

total of 2 offensive snaps for this clown...

Have we substituted a FB on the 53 in the past when Develin was out? We are still in our preseason, so adding and subbing isn't really indicative of the playoffs. It is not clear the Jakob is good enough to be among our active 46 come playoff time; we'll see.

Last edited:
Is he any good? The early article on this program made it sound like a PR/outreach campaign of sorts.

Probably won't know until his first 3rd-and-2 off-tackle dive.

Have we substituted a FB on the 53 in the past when Develin was out. We are still in our preseason, so adding and subbing isn't really indicative of the playoffs. It is not clear the Jakob is good enough to among our active 46 come playoff time; we'll see.
I think Hoomanawanui was the closest thing in a FB/TE type role in 2015 when Develin was out for the year. Was only on the team briefly for the first month of the season though until getting traded. Don’t remember any true fullback, but could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft