PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Welcome Jack Jones of ASU..pick #121

If you want speed. This CB is the fastest in Combine History... Maybe we can sign him post Draft?

1651353680148.png

New Patriots draftee Jack Jones spotted at Logan Airport heisting some burgers. What can I say, dude was hungry?!

1651354373215.png

“The first thing this writer looks for when looking at a cornerback prospect is how well they can move. Cornerbacks have to be able to play in space with a level of fluidity that allows them to keep up with the best receivers the league has to offer. For the purpose of this article, fluidity won’t just be hip fluidity. Fluidity is hip fluidity, crisp footwork, and the ability to move effortlessly in space. A cornerback who can excel in and out of their transitions is a huge deal when evaluating a cornerback prospect.

Arizona State cornerback Jack Jones has caught my eye as the early winner for the most fluid cornerback prospect in this class. Jack Jones has excellent hip fluidity to be able to swivel his hips while staying in phase with receivers. He has excellent burst after flipping his hips so he doesn’t lose speed when transitioning. Jones has elite click and close abilities due to very good short area quick when driving downhill.

He effortlessly changes directions without taking extra steps or needing to decelerate. His size may for some to knock him down into the nickel category which he could translate well to due to his elite fluidity. Unfortunately, Jack Jones is a prospect that we won’t be able to see this fall due to the PAC-12 looking like it won’t play this year. Jones is a fun sleeper prospect to keep an eye on in this draft cycle.”

Jack Jones broke into a Panda Express? Was he that hungry? o_O

Anyways at least he has shown a talent for stealing, maybe that will be the other team's balls instead of their pocket change. LOL. :haha:

No but seriously, he looks like a ball hawk on tape. That's kind of what we need. He's a whopping 3 inches taller than Marcus Jones so he could play some reps outside too, I imagine.

TBH Never heard of the kid. But double dip in secondary is kind of what we needed.
I mean, who hasn’t done that though?..

Why break into panda express at 3 in the morning? There is no food left at those hours, smh

The RB he was running away from in the 1st pick / highlight ran a 11.1 100m in HS. Certainly not slow.
Why break into panda express at 3 in the morning? There is no food left at those hours, smh
he had the munchies from ganja, give him a break. He is one of the high character NE Patriots

Last edited:
he had the munchies from ganja, give him a break. He is one of the ihi character NE Patriots
Hopefully, when the smoke clears, we’ll see that football is a high priority for him. BB usually prefers guys who are addicted to the game; tough guys who can take a hit & players who can compartmentalize after a bad experience, inhale/exhale and move on to the next session. We know NE was extremely high on him based off of the multiple pre-draft visits; my only question is talent-wise, was he drafted high enough? That remains to be seen..

Last edited:
Hopefully, when the smoke clears, we’ll see that football is a high priority for him. BB usually prefers guys who are addicted to the game; tough guys who can take a hit & players who can compartmentalize after a bad experience, inhale/exhale and move on to the next session. We know NE was extremely high on him based off of the multiple pre-draft visits; my only question is talent-wise, was he drafted high enough? That remains to be seen..

With his extracurricular activities, the Pats must have been very careful and must REALLY like the player. He was only at ASU because he was kicked out previously for grades and discipline. Very physically gifted, his tape shows that, so we will see.

With his extracurricular activities, the Pats must have been very careful and must REALLY like the player. He was only at ASU because he was kicked out previously for grades and discipline. Very physically gifted, his tape shows that, so we will see.
He nailed the interview.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back