PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Welcome back KVN!

Would love to see another MLB to mentor under Hightower.

Maybe Zaven Collins?

Add another piece for DL depth and the defense is looking quite good. Also wouldn't be surprised to see them draft a CB, perhaps Horn, depending on how Jackson shakes out.

Traded KVN for a 4th rounder and KVN...
New England Patriots Smile GIF by NBC Sports Boston

Reunion Tour 2021 Boogiemen 2.0

When I thought we were in a slow rebuild I didn’t want him back. I didn’t know Bill would try and kick the rebuild into hyperdrive. Move makes sense with our need for LBs.
He's sick of the media harping on how Brady bested him. Bill wants to win the Super Bowl without Brady and preferably this season.

i wonder why he was released from Miami...seemed like he‘d be a good fit for Flores’ defense...

He's sick of the media harping on how Brady bested him. Bill wants to win the Super Bowl without Brady and preferably beat him in the game this season.

I won't claim Belichick is immune to that stuff, but I feel like Bill would have come out guns blazing after a 7-9 season regardless of what Brady did. Dude HATES losing, and hasn't had to feel it for 20 years. I think this was always going to be the plan. It's like when people say, "Oh man, Brady is going to be EXTRA motivated for THIS game!" as if Brady ever comes in thinking "Meh, I'll just coast through this one." Those things just aren't in these guys' blood.

I won't claim Belichick is immune to that stuff, but I feel like Bill would have come out guns blazing after a 7-9 season regardless of what Brady did. Dude HATES losing, and hasn't had to feel it for 20 years. I think this was always going to be the plan. It's like when people say, "Oh man, Brady is going to be EXTRA motivated for THIS game!" as if Brady ever comes in thinking "Meh, I'll just coast through this one." Those things just aren't in these guys' blood.
Its extra motivation. Even Brady needs it sometimes. Pats Bucs will be epic ratings this season and the SuperBowl. It will be billed Brady vs Bellichick no matter who our QB is. Guaranteed Bill is aleady starting on his game plan. It will unleash hell with constant pressure on Brady.

Last edited:

Obviously he wants to win every year, but it's really no deeper than the fact that we had money to spend this year. What was he going to do? Not spend it?

Defense is going to be good and fun to watch, what an amazing off season so far ! Welcome back KVN !

Cool I suppose. He plays well under Belichick but please no more nicknames. The “boogeymen” had a very underwhelming finish to 2019.

I still hope we address ILB at some point this April. Need some youth to eventually take over. That being said great signing!

Its extra motivation. Even Brady needs it sometimes. Pats Bucs will be epic ratings this season and the SuperBowl. It will be billed Brady vs Bellichick no matter who our QB is. Guaranteed Bill is aleady starting on his game plan. It will unleash hell with constant pressure on Brady.

It's definitely going to be a fascinating (and heartbreaking) game to watch. If anyone knows how best to attack Brady, it's Bill. But Brady no doubt knows enough about how Bill coaches defense to find whatever weaknesses they have by that point. If that's not a Sunday night or Monday night game, someone should be fired.

I hate this. Give me Andrews and guy.

Welcome home KVN. defense is going to be good this year.

went from bentley and....to KVN, Judon, Hightower

I wouldn't really count KVN and Judon as the same position as Hightower and Bentley. The former two play on the edge and the latter two play ILB. KVN has played some ILB in the past, but that was arguably why he struggled in Detroit.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back