PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 8: Other NFL games

Was he offside in that INT?

I don't think that guy was offsides on the Giants INT. I think the ball was snapped as he went into the neutral zone

KC is back boys :rolleyes:

Daniel Jones is infuriating to watch.

Daniel Jones…lol…this guy is that exact nightmare draft pick that gets everyone fired because he’s “gonna develop”.

Chiefs beat the offensive powerhouse of the Giants. Nobody will deny their dynasty.

Daniel Jones…lol…this guy is that exact nightmare draft pick that gets everyone fired because he’s “gonna develop”.
To be fair to him he's missing all his top 3 weapons

Still better than teams unable to roller skate up and down the field due to incompetence instead of defense.

You never see a genuine defensive battle anymore, I like that brand of football. Passing has been way, way overemphasized and enabled. When even mediocre QBs are completing nearly 70-percent of their passes you know the game is seriously unbalanced.

To be fair to him he's missing all his top 3 weapons

I get that, but it isn’t the point total. The guy just sucks at anything other than big open field throws. So many short and mid range passes off target tonight.

You never see a genuine defensive battle anymore, I like that brand of football. Passing has been way, way overemphasized and enabled. When even mediocre QBs are completing nearly 70-percent of their passes you know the game is seriously unbalanced.
2019. Super Bowl LIII.

The play late in the 4th on third down when Mahomes got ball washed for taking a 10 yard sack…I guess the bar is so low that not throwing an INT makes him a genius.

Look at that pocket. It’s perfect. Look at Kelce. Wide open. Such a simple play.

1635825325824.png

The play late in the 4th on third down when Mahomes got ball washed for taking a 10 yard sack…I guess the bar is so low that not throwing an INT makes him a genius.

Look at that pocket. It’s perfect. Look at Kelce. Wide open. Such a simple play.

View attachment 37144

Guys have been wide open these past few games. I have no clue why he doesn't take the easy pass

Guys have been wide open these past few games. I have no clue why he doesn't take the easy pass

I swear he suddenly thinks he’s back playing in the Big 12 it’s incredibly weird.

I swear he suddenly thinks he’s back playing in the Big 12 it’s incredibly weird.

The other major defensive change is that defensive linemen don’t attack Mahomes. He wants them to attack so he can dodge around until everyone converges and then he can chuck it downfield. Teams now basically wait for him to bail and drift out of the pocket…then the linemen create a seal so he continues to drift backward or towards the sideline. Tampa Bay did it to him in the Super Bowl. Bowles figured out he wants to throw on the run, so make him run backwards or sideways; lunging at him in a futile attempt at a sack led to almost all his home run plays.

So I guess the Chiefs defense is just barely good enough to beat Daniel Jones and the Giants just as long as their top 4+ WRs are hurt, oh and also Barkley has to be out too.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back