PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 7 NFL Games

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Week 7 NFL Games - previews and predictions
By: John Morgan

The Patriots go for their sixth straight victory over the Jets in an early game, and NFL action wraps up with Peyton Manning returning to Indianapolis as the Broncos visit the Colts on Sunday Night Football....

re: Week 7 NFL Games

As a side note, I must have a different definition of "Cool" than Ian Rapoport, because this kind of made me gag:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
Cool RT @InsideNFLMedia: Brett Favre will join NFL GameDay Morning live on Sunday morning to talk about Peyton Manning's return to Indy

As a side note, I must have a different definition of "Cool" than Ian Rapoport, because this kind of made me gag:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
Cool RT @InsideNFLMedia: Brett Favre will join NFL GameDay Morning live on Sunday morning to talk about Peyton Manning's return to Indy

Yeah, I saw a promo on TV for that yesterday and I threw up a little bit in my mouth.

The early pre-game show on NFLN with Shaun O'Hara and Sterling Sharpe is actually pretty good, but as soon as that ends I have to switch the channel. Their later show is just unwatchable; Michael Irvin and Warren Sapp are so bad that they make Marshall Faulk and Kurt Warner look intelligent, and Rich Eisen is easily the worst host/moderator of any of the various pre-game shows. Now add Favre into that group and it becomes Battle of the Prima Donnas.

I'd rather hear Favre spend an hour talking about how comfortable his wrangler jeans are then hearing his commentary on Manning.

So, how do you guys like the Dolts chances tonight?

Almost as excited about this game as I am the pats-jets tbh, I think the colts have a real shot to take down Satan Manning and company despite their letdown on Monday night in San Diego. Denver's defense is very questionable even with Von Miller returning tonight. Colts' defense on the other hand, seems to be legit. Robert Mathis is better than ever and if he can keep it up, it would be huge. I'm picking the broncos to win(34-31) but I think it will be tight. What do the rest of you think?

Re: So, how do you guys like the Dolts chances tonight?

Their chances were better before their liquored up-Little Lord Fauntroy owner hit the send button on his tweets.

Their chances were better before their liquored up-Little Lord Fauntroy owner hit the send button on his tweets.
If Peyton goes out there and puts up big numbers in the regular season, isn't he just proving Irsay's point? But, yeah Irsay isn't doing his boys any favors.

I like the Colt's chances. They are extremely scrappy and showed that when they beat Seattle.

Hope so, unfortunately I don't think they're ready yet. Still it's too early to tell if a Denver loss will benefit us more than an Indy loss so I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if they can't.

Hard to read the Colts. I had them down for dropping off a year after thriving on a last-place schedule. But then they go and beat Niners (in SF) and Seahawks. But then they lose to the Chargers. :confused4:

They would have a better chance in January @Denver.

These teams play in the wrong cities and ought to swap. Manning would thrive in a domed stadium, especially with home field advantage in playoffs likely.

Colts are following Ravens blueprint and trying to bring in more physical defenders. They would do better in a grind it out low scoring game.

In a dome... in October... Peyton Manning will be surgical and pick them apart. Luck will be pretty good too.

Prediction: Broncos 35 Colts 24

First play from scrimmage and Sam Bradford throws a pick-6.

Carolina up 7-0 with six seconds off the clock.

Wow, not one, not two, but three defensive touchdowns already.

On the 3rd play from scrimmage Tannehill throws a pick-six and Buffalo takes a 7-0 lead over the Dolphins.

After Atlanta goes three-and-out, Mike Glennon is strip sacked on 3rd and 10, and Thomas DeCoud runs the fumble back 30 yards for a TD; Falcons up 7-0 over the Bucs.

- A.J. Green takes a long pass from Andy Dalton 82 yards to the house; Bengals go up 7-0 at Detroit.

- Danny Woodhead runs it in from 2 yards out; Chargers up 7-0 at Jacksonville after a 7½ minute drive.

- Redskins drive from their own 20 to Bears 20 but drive stalls; Washington gets the ball back after Chicago go three and out.

Happy to see Danny Woodhead get his first rushing TD with the Chargers.

Tavon Austin muffs the punt but it goes out of bounds, Rams ball.

St. Louis drives, gets a 1st and goal on the 4-yard line.

Carolina denies St. Louis with a goal-line stand and takes over on downs at the 1-yard line.

Mike Tolbert tackled in the end zone for a safety, making that the 4th defensive score of the day.

Panthers 7, Rams 2

Horrible throw by RGIII on first play following a FG; two plays later Matt Forte punches it in. Bears 10, Skins 3

Miami goes 3-and-out and has to punt from their own end zone, and Bills score five plays later. Buffalo up 14-0 over Fins at Miami.

Last edited:
- Atlanta goes up 14-0. Glennon is averaging 2.4 yards per pass attempt for Tampa Bay. Oops, check that; VJax with an awesome catch, goes 60 yards for a TD; Falcons 14-7.

- RGIII with 67 yards rushing so far, Skins tie Bears 10-10

- Dallas-Philadelphia was supposed to be a shootout with two good offenses/two bad defenses, but it's 0-0 with 8 punts early in the 2nd quarter.

- Tannehill throws his second pick; he has a passer rating of 3.8 right now.
3/8. 39 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT

- San Diego having no problems with coast-to-coast travel; Chargers up 14-0.
Philip Rivers is 9/9, 107 yards and a TD.
Chargers haven't punted yet; scoring drives of 13 plays, 80 yards, 7:37, and 10 plays, 80 yards, 6:08.

Last edited:
First play from scrimmage following a score, Brian Orakpo runs it in for another TD. What's that, five defensive touchdowns? Cutler limps off and goes to the locker room, does not look good at all.
Washington 17, Chicago 10

Thad Lewis intercepted, and Tannehill throws a TD to Charles Clay
Buffalo 14, Miami 7

Rams are controlling the ball (31 plays to 19) but have two turnovers. Cam Newton 7/8 for Panthers.
Carolina 10, St. Louis 5

Jaguars have an 18-play drive, but can't punch it in.
San Diego 14, Jacksonville 3

Not terribly many surprises so far in the early going, other than, perhaps, DAL-PHI (3–0? really?).

Devin Hester takes a punt 81 yards for a TD
Chicago 17, Washington 17

No Julio Jones, no Roddy White, no problem.
Harry Douglas: 6 receptions for 140 yards and a TD
Matt Ryan 13/18, 211 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT
Atlanta 24, Tampa Bay 7 at 2:00 warning

Cowboys-Eagles have now combined for 11 punts
Dallas 3, Philadelphia 0 at 2:00 warning

Time of Possession: Detroit 21:30, Cincy 6:35
Lions 12-play drive end with FG being blocked
Detroit 10, Cincinnati 7 at 2:00 warning

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back