PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 7 NFL Games Thread

Wonder if the 49ers are regretting dumping Trey Lance now.

Purdy hasn’t even played a full season yet. He didn’t take over for Garoppolo until mid-December last year, which was 5 regular season games, and now 7 this year… so that’s only 12 total games played, plus a couple postseason games. That’s around the time that the book on you starts to get written and you either adjust or you fail.
I think they're still okay a lot of talent
But they're not as invincible as everyone thought like 2 weeks ago
Lance is trash

Purdy hasn’t even played a full season yet. He didn’t take over for Garoppolo until mid-December last year, which was 5 regular season games, and now 7 this year… so that’s only 12 total games played, plus a couple postseason games. That’s around the time that the book on you starts to get written and you either adjust or you fail.
The only thing the niners regret is giving up all the draft capital to move up for Lance.

Another upset. What a week for the bookies.

Kittle apparently does not wear a cup. That was a nut shot.
Shannyn Sossamon Cringe GIF

Im Not No Way GIF

We hope Mac's ceiling is Kirk Cousins who can do some damage from time to time.

Orlovsky and others got obliterated for saying Purdy is helped by having a monster OL and generational weapons.

Now last 2 weeks with a hurt CMC and no Deebo he's been average to poor.

Not sure why it's so hard for people to admit a QB can be helped or hurt by their team around them.

Purdy is what, 11 games in? Lots of film on the guy now. The defenses are starting to get a beat on him. It will be up to him to take his game up a level.

Purdy is what, 11 games in? Lots of film on the guy now. The defenses are starting to get a beat on him. It will be up to him to take his game up a level.
Shanahan’s offense is basically a glorified timing offense. He’s putting the ball in spots and expecting his receivers to be there. As you can see from last night, most of these throws are being made before his receiver even turns around out of his break. So, when you’re missing one of the better WRs in football and you have maybe the best all-around RB in football banged up, you’re going to look mortal. Especially if you’re a good, but not great, QB.

I think the NFC (mainly the Eagles or the Niners will win the SB this year ) I don't think KC will get their third for a few years
The AFC is much stronger than the NFC this year.

I swear the chiefs have a leprechaun living up their ass.
It gets worse. While every AFC team (not playing in the AFCS) is playing 5, 6 or 7 tough games, with many on the road. KC only has 4 tough games and every one of those is at home. They're a lock for the #1 seed.

I hope Taylor Swift ****s someone else on the team and it turns into the most ridiculous wanna-be-dynasty collapse meltdown you’ve ever seen in the whole history of the mega-verse, and ruins the team for twenty years.

Orlovsky and others got obliterated for saying Purdy is helped by having a monster OL and generational weapons.

Now last 2 weeks with a hurt CMC and no Deebo he's been average to poor.

Not sure why it's so hard for people to admit a QB can be helped or hurt by their team around them.

Shanahan's system can make almost any QB look good. Let's face it. Purdy is pretty much Mac Jones with a great system and great players around him. But once you take away some of those great players and the QB is exposed.

I saw Rex Ryan call Brock Purdy the next Joe Montana a few weeks back. A little premature for that one. But Ryan is a joke as an analyst anyway.

3-0 Niners.

Not sold on Purdy at all there’s absolutely nothing special about him but whatever he’s doing is still working. For now.
Said this a month ago.

If Mac has a similar game this Sunday in Miami I wonder what his trade value would be then and if they'd consider a 49ers deal if the price is right. You always want to sell high. Obviously depending on how BB and staff feel about Mac and the prognosis of the 2023 season...

Pretty wild how they perfected such a crucial play that no other team can come close to matching.
Pushing a runner from behind used to be illegal. I don't know when that changed.

The Ravens tried the push in the playoffs first and got burned. I'm surprised more defenses don't attack the ball like the Bengals did.

Just put a defender right here and wait for the ball to be slapped back to you. Easy TD the other way.
1698155440898.png

Last edited:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back