PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 5 Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came back home, did not watch the game.

Saw one INT and that was a great play on Gronk.

Ah. Maybe preface your comment next time. Haha. Both times the receiver had the ball and delivered it to the defense on a silver platter. The Hogan one was particularly bad. Gronk gets a pass; defender just made a great play.

Nah. Offense looked pretty average in the second half. Bailed out by turnovers produced by the defense and a long bomb by Brady to Gordon that was a low key pretty questionable decision but showed trust.
There was nothing low key about that. It was very questionable. But if you’re going to make that throw to anyone, Gordon is the guy. He high-pointed it. And it’s also not as if Tom has never made those throws. Even in ‘07 he routinely made those types of throws to Moss.

5qn8Y27.gif

Good: Pats win by 14
Good/Bad: Pats played sloppy in the 2nd half. Gives BB something to hammer them about during the long week before big game against KC. Two consecutive blow outs could have led to them being complacent.

There was nothing low key about that. It was very questionable. But if you’re going to make that throw to anyone, Gordon is the guy. He high-pointed it. And it’s also not as if Tom has never made those throws. Even in ‘07 he routinely made those types of throws to Moss.

Yeah like I said it showed trust. It was not a panicked prayer into double coverage like to Dorsett a few weeks ago. So it is not like I am critizising it really.

But it was still a throw into double coverage.

Currently in the Cross Pavilion for what was supposed to be free food and drinks for season ticket holders for 75 mins after the game. The idea was you did this, in exchange for leaving later from the lots. Thing is..there is NO food or drinks, people are livid, and police are here. Stingy Bob strikes again.

Nightmare scenario was blowing this tonight then the Sox blowthis ng it to NY Friday night. Thankfully a bounce went the Pats way on that last pick...

Not worried about the O against most teams, but it looks like once teams figure out what the Pats r doing on D, it's up and down the field at will more often than not...anyway, I think we'd all take 3-2 after the Detroit game

GO PATS

My God, McCourty can't cover anyone. He's just running around, chasing 260 lb tight ends. He's going to be targeted by every team from now on.

If it wasn't for the strip, it was as bad of game as I can think of him playing, and I already think he's terrible. He does nothing well.

Currently in the Cross Pavilion for what was supposed to be free food and drinks for season ticket holders for 75 mins after the game. The idea was you did this, in exchange for leaving later from the lots. Thing is..there is NO food or drinks, people are livid, and police are here. Stingy Bob strikes again.
Wow, would love an update on this...very interesting

I just looked at the replay. Gordon didn't get any higher than about 6 inches off the ground at most. It was actually a bit bizarre. He's doubled and he just saunters right between the two DBs and catches it. Maybe they were so focussed on the ball they lost track of where Gordon was?

My God, McCourty can't cover anyone. He's just running around, chasing 260 lb tight ends. He's going to be targeted by every team from now on.

On both TDs he just got out-leveraged. Would love to hear from @AndyJohnson, @maineman209 or someone else how he was supposed to play that. Those had not much to do with his speed imo.

Something for the rewatch thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents