PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 5 New England Patriots at Dallas Cowboys Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite Dobson's lack of production, he'd been solid in 2015. I figured that his benching was because they were planning on playing Martin on the outside, or using more 2-TE sets with Gronk and Chandler. That hasn't been the case whatsoever, so naturally I'm surprised. All the more surprised when I saw them trot Slater out there (that would've been Dobson, had he been active).

The only thing I can imagine is that he had a poor week of practice.

now thats its the half, more rib stuff as in...

Craked ribs..not a complete break.

or, the rib is pulled away from the sternum. this would be a dangerous thing to play with, but its unlikely thats what it is.

Jabal Sheard is like a younger, bigger Andre Carter. He even wears the same number!

What option other than going deep did Tom have on that last throw. Anything in field means half over. They tried to use Slater's speed. Not surprising. Just did not work.

• Agree
Reactions: SVN
Everyone on the Pats is earning their salaries except for the very well paid LT and RT.

Improve on that you two.
Yesterday i was pondering what position needed the most help in next years draft, LT tackle has popped up on my radar.

problem with slater is that everyone knows he is running a 9 route
That play never has worked in about eight years.

Sloppy game, rock fight, defense has had to carry the team with one of their best players out, and they have a two possession lead with the ball back at the half. These games are enormously valuable and it's a great sign that they're grinding out a pretty dominant performance. Games like this one are the real barometers of how good the team really is.
I feel like if that's true, then the barometer shows this Pats' offense is a pretender.

Brady will face pressure like this in Denver so good practice I guess. Hardy will be out of air by the 4th qtr.

Slater should have drawn the PI call, it was there if he fought for the ball. That's the problem with using a non receiver there.

HT injury is concerning. I like their depth, but he is an exceptional player.

Nice to see the defense clapm down when needed. We aren't going to roll over every team, we need to win in different ways.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some offense in half two, though.

I'm hoping the Cowboys pass rush wears down. But damn those guys are quick.

Yesterday i was pondering what position needed the most help in next years draft, LT tackle has popped up on my radar.

Probably not going to find a starting LT at the 64th pick of the 2016 draft... wonder if he has a minor injury.

No matter the score, this offense has been embarrassing. Anyone on that unit should cringe at showing their face. IF Dez and Romo were playing, this would no doubt be an insurmountable blowout.

No, it wouldn't. The Cowboys are down because the Pats front 7 owns the Cowboys OL. How many times do you remember a Patriots defender coming clean up the middle? Romo and Bryant wouldn't have made that big a difference.

This is a great defensive football game. Enjoy it.

HT injury is concerning. I like their depth, but he is an exceptional player.
I think fortunately it shouldn't be anything very long term.

First drive after half, hardy and co will be fresh. We need to be alert and protect better.

Despite Dobson's lack of production, he'd been solid in 2015. I figured that his benching was because they were planning on playing Martin on the outside, or using more 2-TE sets with Gronk and Chandler. That hasn't been the case whatsoever, so naturally I'm surprised. All the more surprised when I saw them trot Slater out there (that would've been Dobson, had he been active).

The only thing I can imagine is that he had a poor week of practice.
Maybe somebody offered a trade for him this morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes