PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 4 vs Atlanta Falcons discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotsInGA

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Game I circled the day the schedule came out...only to realize I can't go due to classes the next day :bricks:

Oh well. I sincerely hope the Pats kick the tar out of the Falcons. It's not as much of the team I can't stand as it is the bandwagon "fans." 90% of the people in the Georgia Dome on Sundays are there because they couldn't score UGA tickets the day before and have nothing better to do on Sundays. I could go on for awhile on the fans, but I digress..

The Falcons look to be vulnerable at the moment because:
  • Roddy White is more concerned with his Twitter account than rehabbing his high ankle sprain. He will be a non-factor.
  • No Steven Jackson means a less dangerous run game from the dirty birds. Rodgers will still give the Pats a reason to stack the box occassionaly, but won't pose too much of a threat.
  • Mike Smith is Schottenheimer 2.0. He's normally a conversative coach but seems to be ultra-conservative in the big games. BB is on another level.

The Pats will have their hands full with Julio Jones though. Dude could easily be the best WR in the league this season. Expect Talib to be on him all day with McCourty over the top. Tony Gonzalez has been less effective this season than in years past but still warrants attention.

I anticipate the Pats to have a great day running the ball. Atlanta's run D is swiss cheese compared to our last two opponents and hopefully Gronk will be back to help out the blocking.

I am confident the Patriots can go into ATL and get a win, but wouldn't be surprised if they lose a squeaker.

miami was able to hang with them today, so we should at least be competetitive. they have a lot of injuries, we have a lot of injuries.

Injuries have decimated them, especially their lines in the trenches. The Patriots have injuries too, but theirs are more poignant.

All of that attrition makes them extremely vulnerable next week for a good ol' butt whooping.

Game I circled the day the schedule came out...only to realize I can't go due to classes the next day :bricks:

Oh well. I sincerely hope the Pats kick the tar out of the Falcons. It's not as much of the team I can't stand as it is the bandwagon "fans." 90% of the people in the Georgia Dome on Sundays are there because they couldn't score UGA tickets the day before and have nothing better to do on Sundays. I could go on for awhile on the fans, but I digress..

The Falcons look to be vulnerable at the moment because:
  • Roddy White is more concerned with his Twitter account than rehabbing his high ankle sprain. He will be a non-factor.
  • No Steven Jackson means a less dangerous run game from the dirty birds. Rodgers will still give the Pats a reason to stack the box occassionaly, but won't pose too much of a threat.
  • Mike Smith is Schottenheimer 2.0. He's normally a conversative coach but seems to be ultra-conservative in the big games. BB is on another level.

The Pats will have their hands full with Julio Jones though. Dude could easily be the best WR in the league this season. Expect Talib to be on him all day with McCourty over the top. Tony Gonzalez has been less effective this season than in years past but still warrants attention.

I anticipate the Pats to have a great day running the ball. Atlanta's run D is swiss cheese compared to our last two opponents and hopefully Gronk will be back to help out the blocking.

I am confident the Patriots can go into ATL and get a win, but wouldn't be surprised if they lose a squeaker.

LOL, I don't let a little thing like classes or work the next day keep me home (I've even taken my 5th graders to night games as long as they promise to go to school the next day - mother of the year, I know).

Anyway, it cheers me that Miami was able to beat Atlanta today. That may mean we can keep up with them, and/or their 2 stellar receivers can be covered. Brady plays well indoors. Hopefully the rookies can continue to step up, and maybe we'll get to see Gronk. Go Pats!!

Injuries dont matter Atlanta is not a team, never have been. Its why we beat them every year. Their fans are suspect, and they are always divided. Its why they lose all the time late.
Smith is a ok coach, but not someone to ever win a SB. R.White leads the NFL in drops almost each year.
They have powerful and talented players, but not a team. Thats how you beat them.

Seriously, you can't skip ONE day to make it to the ONE Pats game held in your area? If you had midterms or finals I would understand, but come on, how bad will missing 1 day of classes hurt your grades, if any? :)

Thanks for the local perspective. I am really looking forward to this matchup since a former Patriots guy in Dmitroff, built up the Falcons to face up against our team. It looks like it will be a great matchup between two strong teams. This should be a better measure for the Pats than their previous three games and hopefully we can reach the 4-0 mark once all is said and done!

I think we can and will win..but it will be tough/come down to the 4th qtr

Their D isn't very good and brady is pretty good in domes...but ATL is 34-6 at home under matt ryan i think

I think we can and will win..but it will be tough/come down to the 4th qtr

Their D isn't very good and brady is pretty good in domes...but ATL is 34-6 at home under matt ryan i think

The dome thing is a myth, we own their dome. All good teams do. So dont worry about the dome thing,lol
Atlanta has 0 home field advantage vs good teams. In fact most of their fans will leave in the 4th if they are losing, very sad.
I would not go to this game Pats fans. You will not have a good time, they are like philly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBNtAC_dy_0

Is Gronk playing?

Can Dobson/Thompkins/Boyce/Sudfeld improve over the next 7 days?

If Gronk is ready to play, I see this as a favorable match up for the Patriots, especially with the youth brigade in Atlanta's secondary.

Seriously, you can't skip ONE day to make it to the ONE Pats game held in your area? If you had midterms or finals I would understand, but come on, how bad will missing 1 day of classes hurt your grades, if any? :)

Thanks for the local perspective. I am really looking forward to this matchup since a former Patriots guy in Dmitroff, built up the Falcons to face up against our team. It looks like it will be a great matchup between two strong teams. This should be a better measure for the Pats than their previous three games and hopefully we can reach the 4-0 mark once all is said and done!

Believe me, if I live relatively close to Atlanta I would :D

Problem is, parking there is horrendous during Falcon games (not Gillette bad, but still bad) and Augusta isn't exactly close to Atlanta. It's about 3 hours with normal traffic. Left the Kenny Chesney concert from the Dome back in August around 10:30 and didn't get home until about 3 in the morning.

Oh well, I'll be able to enjoy the game nonetheless and then enjoy my bed there after :nod:

Injuries dont matter Atlanta is not a team, never have been. Its why we beat them every year. Their fans are suspect, and they are always divided. Its why they lose all the time late.
Smith is a ok coach, but not someone to ever win a SB. R.White leads the NFL in drops almost each year.
They have powerful and talented players, but not a team. Thats how you beat them.
Y'all were 3 yards away from losing to them at home 2 weeks ago. So maybe a little less chest thumping is in order.

They are a good team, and playing a good team on the road is always tough. If NE plays like they did today, they have a good chance. If they play like they did the past 2 weeks, they'll probably lose.

miami was able to hang with them today, so we should at least be competetitive. they have a lot of injuries, we have a lot of injuries.

I thought they were able to hang with miami after all those injuries.I expected miami to win its home opener easily.

Matt Ryan isn't the run threat that Manuel, Smith and even Freeman were so it gives the DL an easier time in the pass rush, they can just go for it as soon as they see it's a pass play.

Hurry Ryan so Julio Jones doesn't have time to get open down field.

Y'all were 3 yards away from losing to them at home 2 weeks ago. So maybe a little less chest thumping is in order.

They are a good team, and playing a good team on the road is always tough. If NE plays like they did today, they have a good chance. If they play like they did the past 2 weeks, they'll probably lose.

No, they were 3 yards from winning and couldnt beat our defense. Falcons are ok , but not a team. No, I dont see you beating NE.

Injuries have decimated them, especially their lines in the trenches. The Patriots have injuries too, but theirs are more poignant.

All of that attrition makes them extremely vulnerable next week for a good ol' butt whooping.

We dont know vollmer's injury status. Plus our offense is still inconsistent and with the first SNF/national game on the road in the dome for the rookies,remains to be see how they react. This is going to be as tough as it gets for the rookies next week.

Matt Ryan isn't the run threat that Manuel, Smith and even Freeman were so it gives the DL an easier time in the pass rush, they can just go for it as soon as they see it's a pass play.

Hurry Ryan so Julio Jones doesn't have time to get open down field.

Ryan makes a lot of bootleg plays. He isnt brady or manning like in terms of pocket passers.

Plus our offense is still inconsistent and with the first SNF/national game on the road in the dome for the rookies,remains to be see how they react. This is going to be as tough as it gets for the rookies next week.

Remember now 2 of Atlanta's top 3 CBs are rookies. So it works both ways

Ryan makes a lot of bootleg plays. He isnt brady or manning like in terms of pocket passers.

Ryan is a pattern passer if anyone is interested. If you knock a WR/TE off his mark, and change the time he losses focus. He will literaly throw it nowhere if you bump the WR's bad enouph.

Wow, the level of uber-confidence here.... We beat the lousy Bucs and people of all of a sudden think we can walk into their house and beat the Falcons like its a walk in the park. Tone it down fellas, the Falcons are not the Bucs, Ryan is not Freeman, and we are not playing at home. Ryan will light up our secondary like marshmallows over open fire, and I'm still not sure how our rookies will perform in a loud-***** dome, on a primetime nationally televised game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes