PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 4 Post-Game Thread: Patriots 38, Dolphins 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempering my anxiety on the Gronk injury situation...

Hopefully its just a bad sprain and a couple of weeks off it should do the trick.

That sets up the second game nicely. Thanks, Dolphins Buddy.

You can say 'It's nothing they did' when it's 21-17 or something. Not 38-0.

I seem to recall a Jet coach saying something similar once after an even bigger loss....
No worries, but reading your post, I think Oswlek meant the 1st INT was a good play, not the 2nd. Just a mistake I think.

Yes, thank you. :)

Tempering my anxiety on the Gronk injury situation...

Hopefully its just a bad sprain and a couple of weeks off it should do the trick.
I think it’s the same injury he played through and they just rested him when it became a blowout. Not sure where you are getting “just a bad sprain” and needed WEEKS off.

My week 4 post-game thoughts:

- Cyrus Jones had a nice return. I think we have a PR now who can be a DB in a pinch if needed.

- Gostkowski's strong leg helped all day to keep Jakeem Grant from returning the ball.

- Michel looks real good, I'd like to see him get into the 2nd level more. We need slightly better blocking and I think he'll break some 40+ yard runs...when was the last time we had a RB who could break long runs like that?

- James White...man this guy is RELIABLE. Arguably one of the best RB's in the BB/Brady era.

- Hope Gronk's ankle is OK and I am OK with keeping him out until the Chiefs game.

- Hope to see Hollister back in the line up ASAP and it was good to see Dwayne Allen make ONE CATCH....for a loss though...but baby steps...

- The OL did a very good job...I'd like bigger holes, but I am nitpicking here.

- Dorsett...made the plays he had to. Gordon working his way in...I like it so far. And Hogan...only one catch? Dunno man...I am starting to get down on Hogan a bit...regardless of the lack of a #1/#2 WR...Hogan should be good for 5 catches a game, IMO.

- Brady had an OK OK game.....the first INT...that was a good play...tip your cap to the Fish. The 2nd...it was unnecessary...should have thrown it away a long time before he got hit. Ditto for the last hit...unnecessary. We can't have him taking hits.

- The DL was AMAZING this game...I loved it. So happy to see that Butler was telling reporters that he only got "leg whipped" and should be OK....

- The LB'ers were solid...Hightower showed some pulse. Roberts made plays...hope he is OK. And KVN just TOOK THE BALL Bruschi style....I love it.

- The secondary was rock solid....only long pass was the first one they gave up and I thought Jonathan Jones really had a chance at intercepting that one.

- I am only disappointed about Frank Gore scoring a garbage TD late...grr....

- I thought McCain faking an injury was a stroke of genius on his part....LOL @ BB saying it was Fing BS....especially with McGinest doing the same thing 14 years ago vs. the Colts...(one of my fave games ever). The fake injury saved the Fish a time out, IMO.

- A division win, no MAJOR injuries, and we even got some much needed rest at the end of the game to get ready for Indy.

I seem to recall a Jet coach saying something similar once after an even bigger loss....

Yes, thank you. :)

That Jets team had talent, especially on defense. Miami's a 6-10 team at their ceiling.

- Hope to see Hollister back in the line up ASAP and it was good to see Dwayne Allen make ONE CATCH....for a loss though...but baby steps....

Let's not over do it with Allen: him helping to open up holes for Sony is good enough.;)

SOD
Same old Dolphins: The worst defeat in the Adam Gase era

The trouble is the Dolphins didn’t compete on Sunday in a 38-7 loss.
They didn’t show up.

That what’s so insulting. That’s what should worry you. That’s what signals whatever everyone thought was fixed with this team in the offseason might not be fixed after all because that egg the Dolphins just laid looked eerily familiar to ones laid last year, and in other years, that everyone wants to forget.

Sensationalism is great for business .... Armando knows how to get paid.

In other breaking news, Dewayne Allen was targeted twice.

:p:D:cool::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick