PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 17: Pats @ Buffalo

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@sb1 we may have to reevaluate the debate of taking Zappe over Howell. The Pats now look to have made the correct decision as Howell has looked horrible the past month benched 2 weeks in a row. He went 6-22 for 56 yards this past Sunday with better weapons around him.
Going be a little upsetting if they end up in front of us in the Draft. Because you know they are going QB. :(

Howell is struggling for sure. He takes way too many sacks that’s been his biggest problem to date and his OL is terrible. Now I think he’s seeing ghosts. If he’s taking all those hits and sacks that wears a guy down and that tends to happen. Also the Commanders have mailed things in ever since Young’s trade. Rivera is out the door on Black Monday. Howell is undersized like Zappe but his arm is much stronger and if you’re gonna take an undersized guy that’s what needs to be there.

I still stand by saying Zappe was not a good pick where he was. He could have been signed as a UDFA. 4th was way too high. Nobody else was taking him.
Well Zappe is making a name for himself a winning record and screwing us out of Top 3 selection.

Going be a little upsetting if they end up in front of us in the Draft. Because you know they are going QB. :(
Highly likely and that’s ok. Part of me wants to move down in that 10ish range picking up a 2nd and a 25 first in the process and then using our top 3 picks on QB WR and OT in no particular order.

Well Zappe is making a name for himself a winning record and screwing us out of Top 3 selection.
Comparing to Howell what Zappe lacks in arm strength (it’s still stronger than Mac’s BTW) he makes up in confidence and better decision making. I mean the guy was cut and instead of questioning himself he told his inner circle that he was going to become the starting QB of the NEP. You can see the confidence rub off on the team as we’ve played better as a whole after making the change at QB.

Comparing to Howell what Zappe lacks in arm strength (it’s still stronger than Mac’s BTW) he makes up in confidence and better decision making. I mean the guy was cut and instead of questioning himself he told his inner circle that he was going to become the starting QB of the NEP. You can see the confidence rub off on the team as we’ve played better as a whole after making the change at QB.
Troy Brown was cut by Parcells and turned into a good player.

Beat the Bills and they can’t win the division anymore. Not just that they will then be forced to play for their playoff lives in Miami as an elimination game. We owe them that after how the last 2 seasons ended.

Also our first season sweep vs Buffalo since Brady was here.

I think winning there with the injuries on defense will be really difficult but who knows? Discuss….
Good post. As Godchaux said can play spoilers to contending teams. Would really like to sweep them.. if they don't make the playoffs I believe robo- coach McDermott is gone. however would be nice to win. We know what's inevitable Jan 7th.

Hoping we can throw a hitch into their post season plans...

Unlikely. Bills probably only have to go 1-1 in their next two games (96% odds if they go 1-1).

However, if they can't beat the Patriots, they don't deserve the playoffs regardless. I know everyone here is pumped up about the Patriots resurgence but I don't see blowing a 23-7 lead and then barely hanging on against Denver as a resurgence. Chiefs hammered them the week before as well.

The Bills SHOULD easily beat NE. If they don't, then they simply aren't worthy of a postseason.

Unlikely. Bills probably only have to go 1-1 in their next two games (96% odds if they go 1-1).

However, if they can't beat the Patriots, they don't deserve the playoffs regardless. I know everyone here is pumped up about the Patriots resurgence but I don't see blowing a 23-7 lead and then barely hanging on against Denver as a resurgence. Chiefs hammered them the week before as well.

The Bills SHOULD easily beat NE. If they don't, then they simply aren't worthy of a postseason.
It must be Bills week since this turd has shown back up.

The Bills SHOULD easily beat NE.
the Bills aren't good enough to easily beat any team. They are good enough to have good games, they are also not good enough to lose to a Mac Jones lead team.

You are fooling yourself if you believe otherwise.

No way. He's 4-2 as a starter and has already proven that he can play in the league and lead a game winning drive. He wins this week and he's probably 95% of the way to seizing the 2024 job.
Pats can upgrade from Zappe and Jones. It shouldn’t be that hard.

the Bills aren't good enough to easily beat any team. They are good enough to have good games, they are also not good enough to lose to a Mac Jones lead team.

You are fooling yourself if you believe otherwise.

Early season Bills lost to Mac Jones. Not the team who has beaten the Cowboys and Chiefs and took Philly to overtime. Teams evolve over the season. Also didn’t help that the Bills had 5 starters out on defense that game.

Just like early season 2014 Pats got demolished by the Chiefs (who didn’t make the playoffs). Patriots won the Super Bowl that year… right?

Teams evolve.

But as I said, if they don’t win this game, then i’ll just accept that as a sign that we aren’t good enough. Pretty simple.

Last edited:
Early season Bills lost to Mac Jones. Not the team who has beaten the Cowboys and Chiefs and took Philly to overtime.

Just like early season 2014 Pats got demolished by the Chiefs (who didn’t make the playoffs). Patriots won the Super Bowl that year… right?

But as I said, if they don’t win this game, then i’ll just accept that as a sign that we aren’t good enough. Pretty simple.
I think the Bills should win comfortably especially being at home. But any given Sunday and all

I’ll give Zappe that much for sure. As much as he is limited as a QB his team seems to have bought in with him there. That’s one of the biggest problems I had with Jones. They never bought in. He’s not a leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST