PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 16: On to Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure it will matter one bit. KC has the bye AND actually has fans. So big uphill climb for any team to upset them this season.
Are you thinking Bills Titans in some order could present the toughest path?
from what I've seen this season Buffalo is clearly the #2 team in the conference and had the best chance at taking out KC... I can't ****ing stand Kermit the Frog the quarterback

Some of us are fans of NE, and not fans of « wanting the opposition to fail »... Whether KC wins again or not doesn’t diminish two decades of NE excellence.

(Having said that : wanting to see Baltimore and Indy burn is fine.)
don't you want the Patriots to be able to lay claim to the greatest NFL franchise of all time? If Mahomes runs off 6 titles in 10 years the Patriots are out of the conversation given KCs successes prior to Mahomes

don't you want the Patriots to be able to lay claim to the greatest NFL franchise of all time? If Mahomes runs off 6 titles in 10 years the Patriots are out of the conversation given KCs successes prior to Mahomes
I do. It’s fun. They have had unprecedented success for 20 years. It’s amazing.

But, to give an example / perspective :
(1) the 1980s SF were still great
(2) as were the 90s Cowboys
(3) in the history of this League, 6/10 hasn’t been the norm. While they are clicking atm, I don’t think KC will break the mold. In fact, it’d be going against the grain for them to grab even 3 SBs.

people that want to "hurt" Buffalo's seeding are not seeing the big picture. do you want KC winning another super bowl and Mahomes repeating? do you want the "KC will surpass NE" stuff if KC wins from February through September? It's crystal clear that buffalo has the best chance at beating KC. Pats fans should not be rooting against Buffalo unless they want KC in the SB. We should want Buffalo to have the easiest path to the AFC title game.
I would much rather KC than Buffalo. Buffalo and Buffalo fans will be far more aggressive against the Pats if they win.

You will get:

“The Bills have taken the division from the Pats after 20 years”. “The Bills are the most recent AFC East team to win the title”. The fans will put up more billboards and throw more bildos.

KC isn’t going to be far more of an affront and they will be 3 titles behind the Pats dynasty and Mahomes/Reid 4 behind Bill and Brady. We don’t even face the Chiefs next year while we have to deal with the Bills twice next year. They might even have us open vs them so we can see the banner

You do realize the Steelers, Cowboys and Niner’s all need to win one right? KC wouldn’t even be in the convo until at least 2024 if they won 4 in a row and if they can do that then they deserve it

Some of us are fans of NE, and not fans of « wanting the opposition to fail »... Whether KC wins again or not doesn’t diminish two decades of NE excellence.

(Having said that : wanting to see Baltimore and Indy burn is fine.)
I'd rather see Baltimore or Indy win a SB than Kermit & the KC Queefs.

I'd rather see Baltimore or Indy win a SB than Kermit & the KC Queefs.
The only reason to not want the Chiefs to win is because you think there is a legitimate chance that Mahomes and Reid can win 6 rings over 15 years. In which case, they would deserve it anways and it would be years removed from our dynasty anyways.

The Chiefs are not actually rivals with the Patriots, their has never been any bad blood between them, in fact we bested the coach in a SB once. The last big win of the dynasty was stopping the Chiefs on route to what should have been a SB in their breakout season and we will always have that over them. And Mahomes debuting 19 years into Brady's career means he's never going to be viewed as a contemporary the way Rodgers or Manning or Brees or Ben were.

Trust me you don't want to be like Steelers or Niner's fans who spend all their time playing defense and rooting against people from matching past accomplishments. You want to looking foreward to the next thing. The Dolphins waiting around for a team to lose their first game of the season has always been one of the lamest things in a football.

I'd much rather let a team I have no ill will towards have their own accomplishments while we try to get back in the competition than begruding every good team. Because there's always going to be a new hot team and someday someone is going to make a case for themselves. It always happens. Just be happy you got your moment and then be ready for the next one.

Unless Buffalo beats the Pats & Pittsburgh loses to Indy, I think the Bills play all their starters next week against Miami. Is there another scenario or scenarios where the Bills are guaranteed the #2 seed?

The sooner our season is done the better. No excuse not to get an influx of talent in the off-season with the $ we’ll have to work with.

Has the spread moved? When was the last time the Pats were 7 point home dogs? The 1-15 season? The kicker won team MVP that season btw

Has the spread moved? When was the last time the Pats were 7 point home dogs? The 1-15 season? The kicker won team MVP that season btw
First Rams game in 01 I think.

Cam gets a touchdown pass tonight...

Along with 2 picks.

Buffalo has everything to play for, Patriots have nothing to play for. if Bill's team comes out flat like they did against denver, SF, and St Louis methinks it's a good sign the team has quit on the coach. this would not be a harbinger of good things to come.

Buffalo has everything to play for, Patriots have nothing to play for. if Bill's team comes out flat like they did against denver, SF, and St Louis methinks it's a good sign the team has quit on the coach. this would not be a harbinger of good things to come.
Let's hope not. As bad as it was back in the day, those teams played hard. They lost due to lack of talent and poor coaching. Not because they quit. I would think this team has another good effort in them? At home on National TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back