PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 14 Other games (Pats on a bye)

At what level of football was he taught to take sacks rather than throwing the ball safely away?

Mac made some of those same mistakes this year…he got absolutely leveled by Brian Burns when he probably should have throw away.

Some guys are just dumb. A 10 year old playing madden can learn most of these situations.
Coaching is more than just smart and dumb. It's about reviewing the situation under duress.

But Nabwong was blaming Football 101 errors on coaching. I'm trying to figure out where the player (Fields) was taught NOT to do what every other QB in the sport is taught to do from the very beginning.
I rephrase. Fields is a young player who may not remember every single thing he was taught and needs coaching.

Bottom line: The Pats gained ground on two of heir closest rivals (Ravens and Bills) without needing to go on the field. It was a good day.

Tampa holding on for the win was a BFD for the Patriots. The Bills' schedule is very favorable for them except for the game against the Patriots.

Given how topsy turvy the availability of personnel can be on game day, room for error is an extra plus. Now the Patriots have a straight forward minimum to win the division: win the Bills game, Miami lose one remaining game.

The Niners winning was an good thing for the Pats. Titans have a very favorable schedule the rest of the way and the Niners may have the best chance to beat them, so we want SF to be confident and still in contention when they face each other a week from Thursday. Miami has a shot vs. Tenn as well. I don’t have much hope that Pitt will be able to beat them.

Bottom line: The Pats gained ground on two of heir closest rivals (Ravens and Bills) without needing to go on the field. It was a good day.

Yeah, I would argue though their biggest competition right now are the bills and chiefs. The ravens are done. Way too many injuries. Not worried about them at all. I'm still waiting for the chiefs to lose. I'll feel alot better when that happens because I think we will lose at least one more before the season ends, realistically speaking.

Couldn't have asked for a better TB v Buff game. 1. Buff lost. 2. A potential SB rival got knocked down a peg. 3. Both teams had to expend extra playing time (OT). 4. Entertaining game (second half).
The icing on top is the Patriots main rivals, the Bills, yet again tried so hard and got so far but in the end it didn't even matter.

The Bills had to fall to lose it all.

Today is gonna be the hardest I've rooted for brady since he was last on the pats. He basically is a patriot today as far as I'm concerned. GO BUCS!
He came through for us again. Thanks Tommy.
Thanks to the refs too for swallowing their whistles on the Bills last play of the 4th quarter.
Did someone slip a sedative into McDermott's coffee this week?

Relying on the Raiders to do something good is like....relying on the Raiders to do something good. Can't think of an apt comparison.
I have to take credit for that. I put a 25 year curse on them after all their whining in 2001. They can't win again until 2026 at the earliest.

Cam! We could’ve had that guy!
Cant Newton needs to worry about being charged with grand larceny every time he picks up a paycheck.
Weren't there fans here who wanted to give that cement head a new extension? WTF were they looking at?

Cant Newton needs to worry about being charged with grand larceny every time he picks up a paycheck.
Weren't there fans here who wanted to give that cement head a new extension? WTF were they looking at?

Idk. I definitely wasn’t one of them. He was a really bad fit in New England.

To be fair, I think that was in the immediate aftermath of the Seahawks game where he looked pretty good (and we didn't know at the time how bad the Seahawks defense had fallen). It was still WAY premature, no doubt about it, but at least it had more merit then than it would looking back in hindsight.

To be fair, I think that was in the immediate aftermath of the Seahawks game where he looked pretty good (and we didn't know at the time how bad the Seahawks defense had fallen). It was still WAY premature, no doubt about it, but at least it had more merit then than it would looking back in hindsight.
I thought it was pretty easy to see right away here and I expressed that opinion at the time, so there's no hindsight involved. Once I got a closer look at Cam I could see that he was a phony.

I thought it was pretty easy to see right away here and I expressed that opinion at the time, so there's no hindsight involved. Once I got a closer look at Cam I could see that he was a phony.

Fair play to you then. I wasn't advocating that they were right, just that it's not hard to see where the sentiment was coming from. But credit to you for knowing ahead of time.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back