PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 14 Other games (Pats on a bye)

It's a helluva coincidence dating back to 1999. And it was quite common in the 80s and before.

Yep…it is a hell of a coincidence. But that’s what is.

Warner (2001), Brady (2007), Manning (2009), Ryan (2016), Brady (2017). Every one of them were within minutes of winning the SB. “Being MVP” wasn’t the reason they lost those games. Mostly bad luck.

Curses aren’t real.

Wow. Good do chi. Still In it

Yep…it is a hell of a coincidence. But that’s what is.

Warner (2001), Brady (2007), Manning (2009), Ryan (2016), Brady (2017). Every one of them were within minutes of winning the SB. “Being MVP” wasn’t the reason they lost those games. Mostly bad luck.

Curses aren’t real.

Ok, but I would argue:

Warner (2001) - faced the best defense he's faced all year in the SB. Overall, his playoff numbers were down. Best offense in the league could only score 17 points in the SB.

Brady (2007) - did not play well in the playoffs that year. He admitted this in Man in the Arena. Best offense in the league could only score 14 points in the SB.

Ryan (2016) - perhaps a coincidence, but he's a choker and didn't close out the game. And he won the MVP, but is he really an MVP type player?

Brady (2017) - not going to get into this since it will open up a whole new Malcom Butler argument.

Last edited:
I meant I wanted to see a break down of good QBs and their numbers vs quality/non quality teams. And like I said, the list of quality teams should include all teams that are currently in the playoffs if they were to start today.

ah. Well............ who are "good QBs"?

More precisely, relevant to this conversation, who else is an MVP candidate?

Rodgers I suppose?

ah. Well............ who are "good QBs"?

More precisely, relevant to this conversation, who else is an MVP candidate?

Rodgers I suppose?

I dunno, top 10 in yards/TDs? I have no doubt that Brady's numbers vs the bad teams are higher than what you would see from Murray or Rodgers, etc. I am more interested in the numbers against the good playoff teams.

This Packers game is over at halftime lol...

I miss punt return TDs. Most exciting play in the game.

Packers still win this but props to the Bears for finally showing up on national TV.

Is there any doubt the bears are going to blow this?

How do the bears get two snf games

This game: What is defense?

Grey Cup going into OT on ESPN 2

I think Fields is a good player but coaching is horrible. He’s taking too much time scanning. Just throw the ball away. Also take the yards, stay in bounds. You have 3 timeouts.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back