PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans
Search

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 13 pregame: Chargers (4-7) @ NE (2-9)

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve102

You were going to say something clever?
PatsFans.com Supporter
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Season 9 No GIF by One Chicago

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Well if you're going, you might have to lend a foot or a brick for me here...

I don't know what you're talking about, those guys are Jete fans.

Sam Bam Cunningham

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
My concern is that Bill could not care less about the draft pick. This game means more to Bill than the chargers. Also, west coast team coming east.

On paper chargers shoukd win but Bill pulls out all the stops. They beat the Bills at home so they certainly can beat LA.

If pats win, say goodbye to top 3 pick

Last edited:

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
My concern is that Bill could not care less about the draft pick. This game means more to Bill than the chargers. Also, west coast team coming east.

On paper chargers shoukd win but Bill pulls out all the stops. They beat the Bills at home so they certainly can beat LA.

If pats win, say goodbye to top 3 pick

Give me a league win every time vs. draft position, which is a crapshoot no matter where you land. There's nothing magical about picking third vs. fourth, sixth or seventh. The Pats are destined for a high pick regardless.

patsfanfromoversea

In the Starting Line-Up
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Give me a league win every time vs. draft position, which is a crapshoot no matter where you land. There's nothing magical about picking third vs. fourth, sixth or seventh. The Pats are destined for a high pick regardless.
There is a big difference between picking at 2/3 or 6/7, which is the available player pool

Let’s say you like only Williams and may and need a qb
Bears pick a qb , Arizona I don’t think so, then pats could Land one of the qb at 3
If they would pick at 6 they would have to trade up.
At 3 they could possible choose either from one of the top two qb, and either the best wr or ot in the class
At 6 you can choose from the second best

Of course you have to evaluate the draft picks right. If the highest wr on your board ends up being a bust the fault may is in your draft evaluations and talent development.

MahomestoKelce

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
Patriots have absolutely owned the Chargers through the years. They are poorly coached and undisciplined.

I could definitely see NEP winning this

slash83

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Bill has put Herbert in check last couple games they’ve played. I can see that happening again, but don’t think it’ll be enough to actually win this time, don’t see the NE offense putting up more than 14 points.

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Bill has traditionally throttled LAC but I still think they’ll score a little over 20. Pats will be better than past weeks on offense but probably won’t crack 17. I think Bosa will be the big issue, especially if Mac plays.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reactions
We all know the best Pats-Chargers game

11:29 is the play. Troy Brown saved the Patriots season...as he was falling backwards. Just amazing! But I wonder if the league would call that a catch today...

sb1

Reactions
Love this too. Tomlinson is such a ****. :crying::crying::crying::crying:

No wonder Colvin was fired up. If even Troy Brown was mocking the lights out dance you know those Chargers really were a-holes and they deserved it.

Jim Beankie

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions

11:29 is the play. Troy Brown saved the Patriots season...as he was falling backwards. Just amazing! But I wonder if the league would call that a catch today...

Wow that was a baaad throw by TB12. That's the kind of throw we expect every week now.

1960Pats

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
I'd say the Pats have a shot at making it 3 in a row allowing less than 10 points and losing but the Chargers actually have an offense and their defense is not very good.

Can Mac/Zappe/QB To Be Named Later look competent against one of the worst defenses in the league? I'm just way to excited to find out. Like the final days till Christmas as a kid...

Also how TF are the Chargers only 4-7. Is Staley really that terrible a coach?
The Chargers could easily be 3-8. Staley made the worst 4th and stupid call I've ever seen, going for it on 4th and 4 late in the game inside their own 30. If not for a dropped ball the Vikings would have won it in the closing seconds.

sb1

Reactions
The Chargers could easily be 3-8. Staley made the worst 4th and stupid call I've ever seen, going for it on 4th and 4 late in the game inside their own 30. If not for a dropped ball the Vikings would have won it in the closing seconds.
You’re right…almost forgot about that

1960Pats

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Perfectly stated…now lose on Sunday ;)

Slater has to be happier than a pig in slop. Does he still play? I can't recall seeing him much.

1960Pats

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions

Even by today's standard it was a catch but who knows what the NYFL would call now. If it's KC the call will probably go their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayo Sets Groundwork, Offers More Transparency With New Staff
Patriots Slater Calling It Quits After 16 Seasons
Patriots News 2-18, The Draft, Free Agency, and “The Dynasty”
MORSE: The Young Guns Patriots New Defensive Coaches
MORSE: Introducing the New Patriots Front Office
49ers Had a Chance, But Questionable Decisions Cost Them in Loss to Chiefs
Patriots News 2-11, Hightower Returns, Staff, Front Office Thoughts
Ranking The 57 Super Bowls From Worst To Best
Wolf’s Ascension Hopefully Will Help Patriots Fix One Key Problem Moving Forward
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #2 – Post College All-Star Games