PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans
Search

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 13 pregame: Chargers (4-7) @ NE (2-9)

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyped

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
Early pre-game thoughts:

1.) Start Zappe. I have had enough of Mac Jones. Yeah, Mac might give us a better chance at losing....but I didn't really like seeing him talking to Gesicki about running an up route instead of an out when his pass attempt was still off target anyway.... the kid is broken....I hope he finds greener pastures elsewhere because I STILL...despite it all...THINK he can play in the NFL.

2.) Lean heavily on Rham and EE....keep doing the short stuff.

3.) I hope the Chargers play a clean game and score 20+ points....but like others have said...ya never know about the Chargers... I expect us to lose given the talent disparity on paper...and I HOPE that we lose...gonna be a strange game on Sunday...waiting to see who chokes first.... maybe start Mac again?

4.) I was happy to see Boutte on Sunday. Thorton too. More of those two and Douglas. We should just bench JuJu and Parker....just be done with it.

farn

Pro Bowl Player
Reactions
Two losing QBs. Just that one of them is hyped despite being a consistent loser even though his team is stacked.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reactions
Two losing QBs. Just that one of them is hyped despite being a consistent loser even though his team is stacked.
One on a rookie contract and the other on an insane contract.

UrbanCowboy

HoustonPatsFan
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
Not related to this game, but this is a wild stat; so Charger-like..

What is it with that franchise? It's all new people, but still that same ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reactions
1.) Start Zappe. I have had enough of Mac Jones. Yeah, Mac might give us a better chance at losing....but I didn't really like seeing him talking to Gesicki about running an up route instead of an out when his pass attempt was still off target anyway.... the kid is broken....I hope he finds greener pastures elsewhere because I STILL...despite it all...THINK he can play in the NFL.
Jones even lost D-Mac. When that happens it’s over.

Real fan 02

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reactions
View attachment 54854

"TBA" lol. Maybe the Pats haven't decided yet if they'll bother playing the finale. Makes sense. In the meantime put Foxboro High out there they'll be way more fun to watch and they will probably even beat the Jets themselves. Lol
I believe cummberland farms will have a special free patriots tickets with each fill up soon! LOL

Jim Beankie

In the Starting Line-Up
Reactions
I was thinking about watching this game in person, but 40s and showers on top of sh*tty play... I'm not enough of a masochist for this.

Sciz

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reactions
I guess we’re kind of at the point where the actual games don’t really matter for the Patriots, and the Chargers are headed that direction too.

So instead, I’ll point out that Chargers fans are even more disappointed with their 2022 first round guard than Pats fans are, despite the vastly different draft night reactions. Zion Johnson was supposed to be the plug and play 10 year starter, but he hasn’t been good at all this season. Might see Barmore make a play or five against him this weekend.

patsfanfromoversea

In the Starting Line-Up
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions

No Way Reaction GIF

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reactions
I was thinking about watching this game in person, but 40s and showers on top of sh*tty play... I'm not enough of a masochist for this.

Aw come on, I will be there. You gonna let crappy weather and a crappy team get in the way of having ... a crappy time? I sure won't. :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Slater Calling It Quits After 16 Seasons
Patriots News 2-18, The Draft, Free Agency, and “The Dynasty”
MORSE: The Young Guns Patriots New Defensive Coaches
MORSE: Introducing the New Patriots Front Office
49ers Had a Chance, But Questionable Decisions Cost Them in Loss to Chiefs
Patriots News 2-11, Hightower Returns, Staff, Front Office Thoughts
Ranking The 57 Super Bowls From Worst To Best
Wolf’s Ascension Hopefully Will Help Patriots Fix One Key Problem Moving Forward
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #2 – Post College All-Star Games
Felger and Lombardi Interview: Two Sides Argue “The Laziest Narrative” on Belichick